Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Ralph Ineson Cast as Galactus, post #753)

Ineson is a great pick for Galactus because that voice of his is very intimidating

Sadly, I have no faith in them not fucking this up. Nobody has ever seemed to get it right, with every attempt being different levels of holy fucking awful.

Any pics of Galactus? I saw one of those fantastic four movies and I was really bummed out. Galactus was some sort of gas cloud. It was numba juan bullshit.

Last edited:
Sadly, I have no faith in them not fucking this up. Nobody has ever seemed to get it right, with every attempt being different levels of holy fucking awful.

Yeah a properly done Coming of Galactus should feel like a mix of Lovecraft's cosmic horror and the Biblical Revelations, ominous, hopeless/full of dread, and beyond human comprehension type stuff. There are very few people I can think of that would even be able to convey such as screenwriters or directors and most of the directors are older and/or art film types.
As for the Fantastic Four itself, just look at The Incredibles which was heavily influenced by The Fantastic Four and combine that with say the early to mid 60's style that Madmen had for a lot of its' run (it doesn't have to be set during the 60's just get that similar vibe; I only mentioned Madmen and not an actual piece of 60's media to show that something modern can get the vibe right).

On further reflection, Malkovich would make an excellent Red Ghost. Ivan Kragoff is a Soviet scientist who tried to replicate what happened to the Fantastic Four by designing a rocket that would expose him to Cosmic Rays. He also took along three apes on the voyage as experimental animals.

It worked. Kragoff gained the ability to turn himself intangible, walk through walls etc. The Apes gained various Powers, including Super Strength, Telekinesis etc.
No way in hell they would make Red Ghost. I would love it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It seems to me like they are going to overload the movie and not give any of the characters time to breath.

It's also WAY too soon to introduce Galactus.

Any pics of Galactus? I saw one of those fantasy four movies and I was really bummed out. Galactus was some sort of gas cloud. It was numba juan bullshit.

I'd imagine you'll have to wait for the CGI to be finished for that.

No way in hell they would make Red Ghost. I would love it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It seems to me like they are going to overload the movie and not give any of the characters time to breath.

It's also WAY too soon to introduce Galactus.

We also don't know the level of Galactus's involvement. He could be a post credit stinger, like how Thanos was introduced.

The thing that really puzzles me still is whey the retro setting. This means one of Marvel's most prominent teams will never interact with any established characters, at least not before the reboot, and if that's the case why bother introducing them now? They should have just held out until then.

We also don't know the level of Galactus's involvement. He could be a post credit stinger, like how Thanos was introduced.

The thing that really puzzles me still is whey the retro setting. This means one of Marvel's most prominent teams will never interact with any established characters, at least not before the reboot, and if that's the case why bother introducing them now? They should have just held out until then.
Retro setting can work if they go the Multiverse route, and the FF are from another universe. Then have them show up in "our" timeline down the road.

Just throwing the FF into modern times is tough because their storyline really needs the 60's space race backdrop to properly convey why they rushed into space.

Back