Fantasy MMA League Draft This Saturday! - Recruitment Thread!

• Thread starter Deleted member 560647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 560647

HEY YALL I AM A FANTASY SPORTS NUT. NBA NHL NFL MLB EPL YOU NAME IT.

I always wondered if there was something for MMA and there wasn’t so I decided to make one myself…

We currently have 4-5 people participating. Would love to get a few more Sherdog Forum, whether you’re a new fan, long time commenter or regular lurker.

**RULES and FORMAT SET IN STONE:**

First Event Islam/VOLK 2.

Final Event UFC 300 aka Tree Hundred.

-We will draft from the entire UFC roster

-After the draft concludes everyone will have $300 to pick up new fighters to replace anyone they no longer want

-teams will be allowed to trade fighters with each other

-We will each draft a team of 25 men and 11 women. No weight classes to keep it simple.

-No team will have the same fighters.

-All teams will be allowed to pick up new fighters using the $300 mentioned above. Any fighter you “nominate” / attempt to pick up, other teams will also be allowed to “bid” on and try to win them. Highest $ bid wins the fighter. So everyone has an equal chance of picking up new Undrafted Fighters.

-Waiver Pick Up Nominations will be done in A DEDICATED WAIVER CHANNEL ON DISCORD

**CONFIRMED RULES**

**DRAFT DATE:**

-tentatively scheduled for Saturday when Barboza vs. Sodiq event concludes

**SCORING SYSTEM:**

Title Win = 10 points

Top 5 Win = 3 points

Top 10 Win = 2 points

Top 15 win = 1.5 points

Unranked win = 1 point

Non-title 5 round win = +1 bonus point

Any finish = +1 bonus point

Any underdog win = +0.5 bonus points (must be listed as an underdog in the official UFC tale of the tape)

Finished (your fighter gets finished) = -0.5 points

Examples:

Underdog Title win and finish = 11.5 points (Grasso RNC Shevchenko, for example)

Non-title 5 round underdog win and finish and top 10 = 4.5 points (Bobby Green vs. Grant Dawson, for example)

Unranked win and finish = 2 points

**END OF SEASON DRAFT DAY TEAM BONUS:**

One of the most enjoyable aspects of fantasy sports is drafting a fighter/player and having them on your team for the whole year or season. You become fans of the most random fighters or simply just even bigger fans of someone you already loved to begin with.

To balance things out and adding some new emphasis on the draft. At the end of the season, any fighter that you kept on your team for the ENTIRE SEASON from draft day to UFC 300 will receive **+0.25** bonus points toward your team’s final point total.

________

So if you read this far and are still interested. Comment below or send me a message or simply “like” and I will send out the Discord Invite.

Please note: In order to facilitate the draft completes before the Islam/Volk event, you have to be able to check the discord server every 12 or so hours or more for about 10 days. Thank You!

TBH most of Mayberry just trains karate. We haven’t watched since the Pride days.

Back