• Pop Star

• Easy A

• The Campaign

• The World's End

• The Grand Budapest Hotel

• Million ways to die in the west

• Let's be cops

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funniest of that lot is The Other Guys, but I really enjoy Scott Pilgrim, At World's End, and Grand Budapest Hotel. At World's End may be the best movie of the lot but not the funniest, so I don't know how to vote. Bridemaids is a solid movie as well with a mix of heart and comedy (how the director went on to make that abomination that is the Ghostbusters re-boot I'll never know).

Would Guardians Of The Galaxy or Thor Ragnarok be considered comedies?
I know what you mean.

Given MCU's typical tone, RAGNAROK is definitely a departure. GOTG is funnier than the second one but the second one is still pretty comedic. They're definitely funny but as far as pure comedies?? you'd not be entirely incorrect.

Even though I kinda get it, it makes me raise my eyebrow to hear BIRDMAN listed as a comedy. Or PARENTHOOD. Like when was I supposed to laugh? You see Steve Martin and you think I know what I'm getting. Turns out Steve that asshole would balk you every fucking time on that account.

1. What we do in the Shadows.

This is why 10 or 15 years from now people will come to appreciate the 2000's a lot more.

It's going to take 5-15 years for comedy to have another renaissance.

Yeah what a depressing list.

The best recent comedies have been TV shows...Eastbound and Down and Review with Forrest MacNeil are hilarious!

From that list, Hot Tub Time Machine.

Reactions: Tol
If you think 'This is the end' is better than 'The World's End,' then you are mentally retarded.

And f*** yeah that's an embarrassing and pathetic list overall.

The "dumb stuttering useless guy" comedy movie has really fkn fell flat.

Get Him To The Greek was easily my favorite. Some others, like "The Other Guys" merely pleasantly surprised me. GHTTG is a gold standard.

What was the name of that, Ted Bundy documentary?
It was that.

God damn I voted the other guys thinking it was the nice guys.

Jesus Christ, that’s quite the catalogue of unfunny movies. Comedy really died on its arse in the 90s.

21 Jump Street is pretty good. I think it really captures what it would be like for someone from my generation to try to fit into high school 15 years later.

Jesus Christ, that’s quite the catalogue of unfunny movies. Comedy really died on its arse in the 90s.

The same as with mainstream horror IMHO, it became too comfortable just selling the same fratboy stuff to a smaller market rather than having much ambition.

Inherant Vice
The Lobster
The Nice Guys

I feel like Easy A is the best movie on the list even though it’s not a straight up comedy.

We're the Millers
tenor.gif

slutty jennifer aniston in horrible bosses makes me lose circulation to my brain
65afdbd6fa97363bef545c0725a2ede9.gif

2011, so it still checks out

carnagemovie.jpg

Back