News Federal search warrants issued for Vince McMahon; what this means for UFC and WWE merger

Sean_wongster_wongmastter

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
WWE's form 10-Q filing with the SEC revealed that on July 17, 2023; federal search warrants were issued against Vince McMahon, and that a grand jury subpoena has been served on Vince.

Inline XBRL Viewer (sec.gov)

upload_2023-8-4_11-51-3.png

Vince is currently set to become the executive chairman of the newly formed merged company TKO between UFC and WWE. WWE indicated that the merger is still expected to go through by year's end, the company during their earnings call however, seemed to dodge questions addressed at the McMahon situation.

Vince McMahon's legal issues could complicate WWE-UFC merger (axios.com)

WWE head Vince McMahon searched by feds amid SEC investigation - The Washington Post

Do you think Vince potentially/maybe being criminally charged could jeopardize the merger?

Serving a warrant for documents that weren't turned over? That sounds pretty serious: what kind of a situation would warrant this? I have difficulty believing it's related to his payout to those women.

14ab152342b0eaf7b6247eee357858d2.gif

I'm sort of confused

The search warrent is about 4 women he bribed for sexual misconduct?

The misconduct isn't new at all. But now it's starting a fuss with the merger? Sorry I may be missing something. All due respect

Serving a warrant for documents that weren't turned over? That sounds pretty serious: what kind of a situation would warrant this? I have difficulty believing it's related to his payout to those women.
All presented info doesn't paint a vivid picture at all. One of the links was for a BS subscription news site

All presented info doesn't paint a vivid picture at all. One of the links was for a BS subscription news site

Then just look at the companies 10Q.
It says there was both voluntary turn over of legal documents and "compulsory legal demands". It means WWE did not want to turn over certain documents.
It says Vince was subpoenaed for a grand jury appearance, that means the government thinks there is at least a 51% chance a crime was committed.

There is no information this is related to the sexual misconduct allegations or something completely different.

We just know they think Vince committed a crime of some kind that warrants criminal charges.

Well, sex by coercion is close or akin to rape charge wise in some states, so if they suspect he had some self incriminating documents, including any kind of electronic documentation (phone, email records, whatever) they for sure could still be criminally investigating him regarding the payouts situation, I suppose.

Course I'm not great on criminal vs civil charges when it comes to money and whether or not his alleged misuse could warrant federal investigation, especially if it wasn't fully his to spend strictly speaking

Guessing this has to do with Vince's business dealings. Maybe its related to the merger??

Well, sex by coercion is close or akin to rape charge wise in some states,

I'm struggling to believe a rich and powerful person is likely to face consequences (never mind a raid by federal agents) for that.

especially if it wasn't fully his to spend strictly speaking

Here it is. Rich people go down for interfering with other rich people's money.

Both links were fine, IMO. There just isn't a lot of info known.

And the Fertitta's swoop in and save the day, the Gladiator intro returns with soccer kicks to the head of downed opponents becoming legal again. one can dream can't they?

And then the former PRIDE team/some heroic ex-Yakuza, comes in with Katanas and Nunchaku and takes out the fertittas, replaces the gladiator theme with a full orchestra playing the PRIDE theme, it's so powerful and moving that it merges modern day with 2004.
Also elbows are allowed.

A guy can dream, can't he?

And then the former PRIDE team/some heroic ex-Yakuza, comes in with Katanas and Nunchaku and takes out the fertittas, replaces the gladiator theme with a full orchestra playing the PRIDE theme, it's so powerful and moving that it merges modern day with 2004.
Also elbows are allowed.

A guy can dream, can't he?
Yes absolutely and your dream is also a great one.

Dana setting this up so he can be the Ultimate Boss.

Back