Fedor talks about Dana White

Stop pretending like the reason Fedor didn't sign want because he wanted co promotion with M1.

Yeah I’m sure co-promotion with M1 was an issue, but everytime Dana signs a big name from another org he always promotes it as “this kid is gonna have to come in here and prove himself against real fighters” which is a smart way to do business, as you’re basically promoting the ufc brand over the fighters.

lol it doesn't matter how many decades of how many fighters across all divisions and situations (Anderson, Jones, GSP, Fedor, Randy, Francis, Mighty Mouse, Hunt, Rockhold, Tito, etc etc etc etc etc ad nauseam) from how many organizations all agreeing on the same basic reality: UFC doesn't treat their fighters well financially/contractually.

No matter how long and how definitive and how universally agreed upon that consensus is... UFC PR shell accounts still argue to the contrary with 1st grade level logic one-liners. Really disgusting that the charade is still maintained here. Character assassination of a guy for something that happened a fucking decade ago...

Yeah I’m sure co-promotion with M1 was an issue, but everytime Dana signs a big name from another org he always promotes it as “this kid is gonna have to come in here and prove himself against real fighters” which is a smart way to do business, as you’re basically promoting the ufc brand over the fighters.
I don’t know that I’m following your logic here. What did you think the UFC was going to do with him?

Fedor ducked the UFC

I like Fedor but this is bullshit when he himself was asking for alot of money from UFC to sign and he wanted Co promotion deal. He sure cared alot about money then lol

And M1 Global wasn't greedy? Everyone likes money, including Fedor and his buddy Putin. Look into how Putin acquired his wealth and how rich he is. Fedor is okay with being buddy-buddy with Putin, however.

Fedor vs Lesnar was at one time the biggest fight MMA could offer.
For reference, the UFC was projecting it would do more buys than nearly every Conor PPV. In an era where buys were much harder to come by. That's how badly the UFC fumbled this matchup.

Dana is a scum bag, but Fedor and M1s demands were ridiculous
Copromotion was silly but it's also a demand that could be pretty easily remedied by money.
And M1 Global wasn't greedy? Everyone likes money, including Fedor and his buddy Putin. Look into how Putin acquired his wealth and how rich he is. Fedor is okay with being buddy-buddy with Putin, however.
M1 ain't UFC greedy, can pretty much guarantee that.
Probably not. Brock was the biggest draw at the time, but GSP was #2. Fedor was not a big star in terms of drawing power at all. GSP vs Anderson would sell just as well
UFC thought otherwise internally.

dana-white-driveway-snow.jpg

Lmao

I think the world of Fedor. I always have and most likely always will. He provided a nice life for him and his family, and he provided us fans with lots of fantastic memories.

I think the world of Dana White when it comes to what he did for the UFC. I think he's ultimately all about money, but that's not my concern. Hell, it's his job to make the UFC successful, and that mother-f-er made it successful no matter how popular it is to bash him. Dana isn't out to make friends. Dana isn't out to be on a fighter's side. Dana is all about making the UFC successful.

Like him or not (and I don't), Dana has enabled all of us to enjoy our preferred sport.

Its not easy to be one sided when it comes to Dana.
He is both a ruthless lying paternalist cunt and a great promoter who helped to developp the sport we love.

Fedor was never offered enough money and the UFC wanted a contract that renewed itself if he was champion and could cut him at any time.

Fedor made the right choice and Dana White and company went out of their way to systematically bad mouth the competition because White couldn't get the job done; he failed the fans by not signing the top fighter in the world.

War Fedor tho

in other words, he's just your average american.

I think Dana White generally speaking is a ruthless but effective manager.
I do hate it though, when "politics" make it so such an excellent fighter like Fedor, who should have had a run in the UFC, ended up not having a run.
Ultimately no matter about money, you have to create the fights people want. Now we're in that era with Mayweather/Conor, Jake Paul, etc. So things are changing.
But back then it was all about politics.

If there's one thing Dana White hates it's a fighter having any sort of leverage. White isn't a master negotiator like some may think he is.

Neither party wanted to compromise during negotiations. M1 wanted it’s stamp on the UFC product, UFC would never bend.

Ps,

WAR Fedor always and forever
#REDDEVIL

Fedor ducked the UFC

Would you accept a boss who repeatedly insulted you in public and wouldn't allow you to do your favorite pastime (in his case sambo) in your off time? Seriously, don't Sherdoggers have any self-respect? Most people I know would tell any potential boss who insulted you in private or in public to take a hike. Only someone who was either financially desperate (not Fedor) or had no pride (not Fedor) would accept a boss like that.

Beyond that, if trying to start up your own company is ducking, then both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs ducked IBM. In fact, anyone who tries to start a new company is ducking some existing company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back