Ferguson vs Cerrone- Who to bet on?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean I am not going to bet on that fight. Though I am gonna bet on Shevchenko over Eye.

But how do you even lean toward one side or the other ? Both men are durable and set crazy paces... Cerrone is on a win streak and literally has looked the best he has ever looked in his entire career.
And T-ferg hasn't lost in friggin years. Tony is very hittable and Cerrone has some legendary head kicks that you can't eat more than one of.. But also, Cerrone is vulnerable to the body and we know Tony will try to exploit that.. as well as the fact that Donald has been stopped from overwhelming pressure before. (See the 2nd RDA fight)

If I had to guess....
It's either a KO victory for Cerrone within 2 rounds or an absolute war of cardio and attrition that Tony wins... But I'm grasping at straws here. You never know what's gonna happen in any MMA fight but I can't even really lean to one side or the other in this one.

I can't even think of a better matchup on paper in the last few years.

Last edited:
Id bet on Tony by crazy violence

Tony-Ferguson.jpg

Tony is basically made to beat up on Cerrone,
He's vicious, he attacks all levels, and he never stops moving forward
Cerrone historically folds against pressure fighters, and sometimes he folds early.
I think the obvious choice is Tony by stoppage under three rounds

Cerrone's chance, as you said, is that Tony A) always give away the first round, so Cerrone can perhaps establish the leg kicks or jabs to slow him down early and then take advantage in rounds 2 and 3 or B) Tony always runs his head straight into his opponents offense, and maybe his chin might crack against Cerrone's underrated power

I feel like the smart bet is on Tony. But who knows

Ferguson is levels above Cowboy. Would love to see Cerrone win but it’s not likely.

Cowboy is a live dog.
He very may well ko Ferguson

Tony is basically made to beat up on Cerrone,
He's vicious, he attacks all levels, and he never stops moving forward
Cerrone historically folds against pressure fighters, and sometimes he folds early.
I think the obvious choice is Tony by stoppage under three rounds

Cerrone's chance, as you said, is that Tony A) always give away the first round, so Cerrone can perhaps establish the leg kicks or jabs to slow him down early and then take advantage in rounds 2 and 3 or B) Tony always runs his head straight into his opponents offense, and maybe his chin might crack against Cerrone's underrated power

I feel like the smart bet is on Tony. But who knows

Tony has been dropped quite a few times and he always just frickin somersaults out of it some how.
But in my mind he is able to do that because of his insane cardio and solid chin which leads to amazing recovery.
How long before he gets dropped and then gets stopped though? Because a head kick from Cerrone and a head kick from Lando are two different things IMO. Cerrone has some serious head kicks.

How many more times can Ferguson recover from these type of situations? How da fuq does he always seem to somersault out of it and threaten with a leg lock? It's crazy! It works though, lol.

Last edited:
McGregor TKOs both
At this point I think both beat Conor. Conor is basically Rocky from the first half of Rocky 3. He doesn't have a Mickey giving him the easy fights. Instead he has a Dana ready to throw him to the wolves when he's ready to get back in there. You gotta love that. Dana will make a few more million and Conor will get KO'd or submitted again. It's good to be Dana.

Ferg wins having more heart and cardio to go in deeper waters. Long layoff won't matter.

Put the house, car and sister on Tony bro,

He's going to come into that cage, light Cowboy up with some holy water and bring war to him. And Cowboy crumbles under 20% of the pressure Tony brings.

I mean I am not going to bet on that fight. Though I am gonna bet on Shevchenko over Eye.

But how do you even lean toward one side or the other ? Both men are durable and set crazy paces... Cerrone is on a win streak and literally has looked the best he has ever looked in his entire career.
And T-ferg hasn't lost in friggin years. Tony is very hittable and Cerrone has some legendary head kicks that you can't eat more than one of.. But also, Cerrone is vulnerable to the body and we know Tony will try to exploit that.. as well as the fact that Donald has been stopped from overwhelming pressure before. (See the 2nd RDA fight)

If I had to guess....
It's either a KO victory for Cerrone within 2 rounds or an absolute war of cardio and attrition that Tony wins... But I'm grasping at straws here. You never know what's gonna happen in any MMA fight but I can't even really lean to one side or the other in this one.

I can't even think of a better matchup on paper in the last few years.

Not even one idiot here checked the bets and gave you a proper advice.
I'd offer you to check the following odds:
Ferguson win -137. I think this is the safest prime bet you can find from this matchup.
If you wanna risk, but without doing something too crazy - go to Ferguson stopping Cerrone, it's +194.

Tony has been dropped quite a few times and he always just frickin somersaults out of it some how.
But in my mind he is able to do that because of his insane cardio and solid chin which leads to amazing recovery.
How long before he gets dropped and then gets stopped though? Because a head kick from Cerrone and a head kick from Lando are two different things IMO. Cerrone has some serious head kicks.

How many more times can Ferguson recover from these type of situations? How da fuq does he always seem to somersault out of it and threaten with a leg lock? It's crazy! It works though, lol.

Yeah its wild,
its like every fight lol, then he just flops around and suddenly he's fine

but I agree, Cerrone could be the one to do it. Plus Tony isi getting up there in age and is injury prone at this point

Ferguson win -137. I think this is the safest prime bet you can find from this matchup.
If you wanna risk, but without doing something too crazy - go to Ferguson stopping Cerrone, it's +194.
smh
Odds are secondary
Just pick what you think is going to happen, then see if the odds are worth it based on how confident you are
If not don't make the bet

smh
Odds are secondary
Just pick what you think is going to happen, then see if the odds are worth it based on how confident you are
If not don't make the bet

I found odds, that in my opinion are worth it as they're both realistic outcomes and can bring decent revenue.
Of course , if TS thinks Cerrone wins, he will have to find something else....

I have been gone from the sherdog fourms for awhile and this fight brought me back. Smart bet would be on Tony. Patterns show Donald falls short against pressure strikers right when he is a fight away from a title shot. The only factor I haven’t noticed anyone point out is Cerrone found his balance in his training (gym, coaches, etc) and since then has come into his max potential. Even finding his range and striking tempo as early as mid first round.

I can’t shake the thought of how Tony’s fight with Pettis would have ended if that fluke injury didn’t happen. And how much of Ferguson’s personal issues since the Pettis fight will translate into his performance. Maybe none but it might come up.

So, @nick jacoby , have you followed my advise?

Back