Fernand Lopez and ciryl gane are getting thrashed in France.

Versez

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sad outcome. French’s fans of mma demand that ciryl leave Fernand Lopez mma factory as soon as possible. On tv shows and podcasts he’s getting thrashed left and right. I was watching la sueur podcast not so long there was a direct , Fernand was an invitee and the chat literally erupted. Insulting him at will. The man must feel terrible right now. If he doesent have a big shell. In part it’s because of Cedric doumbe ( ex glory ww champion )

It was out of control today while watching the king and the g

Birmingham is a good 4th choice (behind Dagestan, AKA/another good USA gym and Thailand) if Gane is too lazy to go far from home.

There's a few top gyms there.

As a frenchman I can say that it's a complicated situation, mostly because of Fernand Lopez. The mma scene is extremely young, yet Lopez's face is seen literrally in EVERYTHING related to the french MMA scene. He's a gym owner, head coach, manager, CEO of Ares, and co-host of the biggest french MMA podcast yet. His face is everywhere and he's very vocal about everything. Logically, when Gane loses in 2 min against Jones, evereybody's looking for someone to blame, and Lopez is the perfect man to be such, especially given his history with HW title shots.

IMO, it's a mix of everything. Lopez owning the biggest french MMA gym and being the biggest french manager, he logically has the biggest number of pro fighters under his wing, including really talented guys, and he can give them the fastest way to a UFC contract, but he might not be the best coach in term of improving your skillset. On the other side, Gane claimed by himself that he's not a Michael Jordan : he rather spends time with his family than train. He's really talented, yet doesn't have a champion's mindset.

About all the trashtalk, it's kinda legit because of the fight itself, but I really believe Jones will destroy Miocic,and it will make us forget a bit about Gane's defeat. And if at least all the hate can bring some fire into Cyril's heart to prove every hater wrong, then I'm good.

So wait, people think that Fernand is not adding wrestling to the training schedule or some shit? both Fernand and Ciryl himself have said that he is too lazy and only trains when he has a fight schedule, he was never getting the grappling skills of someone that has been wrestling his whole life with that attitude, doesn't matter where he trains.

As a frenchman I can say that it's a complicated situation, mostly because of Fernand Lopez. The mma scene is extremely young, yet Lopez's face is seen literrally in EVERYTHING related to the french MMA scene. He's a gym owner, head coach, manager, CEO of Ares, and co-host of the biggest french MMA podcast yet. His face is everywhere and he's very vocal about everything. Logically, when Gane loses in 2 min against Jones, evereybody's looking for someone to blame, and Lopez is the perfect man to be such, especially given his history with HW title shots.

IMO, it's a mix of everything. Lopez owning the biggest french MMA gym and being the biggest french manager, he logically has the biggest number of pro fighters under his wing, including really talented guys, and he can give them the fastest way to a UFC contract, but he might not be the best coach in term of improving your skillset. On the other side, Gane claimed by himself that he's not a Michael Jordan : he rather spends time with his family than train. He's really talented, yet doesn't have a champion's mindset.

About all the trashtalk, it's kinda legit because of the fight itself, but I really believe Jones will destroy Miocic,and it will make us forget a bit about Gane's defeat. And if at least all the hate can bring some fire into Cyril's heart to prove every hater wrong, then I'm good.
It wasn't just the Jones loss it was also the loss to Ngannou. It's clear that Gane isn't being coached right. He may be the most well known coach there since MMA is new and just got legalized. It doesn't mean he's the best. Gane needs to branch out if he really wants to be able to compete with the best that aren't just trying to strike with him.

It's the people seeing the problems and being upset about it. They had their chance for a French champion and they failed twice. Recent fight was a horrible showing at that level. After a fight and result like that, changes need to be made. Lots of coaches/trainers don't like taking the blame for a loss but they want the praises for a win.

Can you post the link?

I want to see shit popping off

Wrestling is hard. If Gane is lazy Cael Sanderson will not be able to help him. I'm sure they have plenty of money to pay some International wrestlers to come train. I don't think it's a situation where they just didn't do any wrestling. If Gane was the type of guy who was grinding in the gym day in and day out he would be better. Sure AKA could help but not if he doesn't show up to the gym to get better.

If Lopez wanted the best for Ganes, he wouldve pushed him to train elsewhere and not just at his gym. It's basically the Honda/Edmunds situation all over again. You know where Edmonds gym had 2 or 3 adults and his gym was primarily used for kids karate classes? I shit you not lol

Ganes needs to be around MMA fighters with wrestling full time

Last edited:
Fernand is actually a grappler minus the groundwork. His base is wrestling/Judo. He is pretending to be a striking coach.

Back