• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fight Business Podcast: Decline of McGregor's star power? UFC revenue up; net income down

I think if a fight date was announced more people would be into it. As is most of us don't think Conor vs Chandler is happening.

I mean I think this is objectively true and no one can doubt it.

His shtick only truly works when he's winning fights (can't walk around like your dick is 10 inches and be getting beat up regularly ha)

And honestly although he seems like a relatively competent business man especially for being a fighter he's just not that interesting.

I mean every interview he does is kind of erratic and he basically has nothing original, intelligent, wise or even funny to say.

Just a mix of "conceive, believe, achieve" with talk about his next investment.
He'll always have some fame and be somewhat of a public figure but there's not much there for the masses to care about or be entertained by.

Now that being said even if he won one fight he could ride that for another couple years ha.

I mean I think this is objectively true and no one can doubt it.

His shtick only truly works when he's winning fights (can't walk around like your dick is 10 inches and be getting beat up regularly ha)

And honestly although he seems like a relatively competent business man especially for being a fighter he's just not that interesting.

I mean every interview he does is kind of erratic and he basically has nothing original, intelligent, wise or even funny to say.

Just a mix of "conceive, believe, achieve" with talk about his next investment.
He'll always have some fame and be somewhat of a public figure but there's not much there for the masses to care about or be entertained by.

Now that being said even if he won one fight he could ride that for another couple years ha.
That’s what the cerrone fight was. Just rode that for a few years.

I think if he reinvented himself he could get just as much hype. Like if he came out with some horrible story about how the party life got the better of him then had a rocky comeback arc, people would eat that shit up. Go in there and throw the fuck down, take a few beatings, embrace the under dog monicker. He could do well. But he won’t do that because his ego won’t let him

I listened to the Conor section mainly.

I had no idea he was at that Heat game because he was close to getting a deal with them for his TIDL pain relief product. In fact I had never even heard of that product. But to think that he was close to getting a deal with them, and behaved how he did at that game is just mind blowing. What a fucking idiot (at best).

Weirdly it seemed like the guy in the video was pandering to Conor a bit. I think he was far too positive in his outlook.

I was hoping he had some metrics / data about Conor, but other than the (mediocre) ratings for TUF, there was none.

To me even the lack of response to this thread is very telling. Imagine three years ago the kind of response it would have gotten.

That’s what the cerrone fight was. Just rode that for a few years.

I think if he reinvented himself he could get just as much hype. Like if he came out with some horrible story about how the party life got the better of him then had a rocky comeback arc, people would eat that shit up. Go in there and throw the fuck down, take a few beatings, embrace the under dog monicker. He could do well. But he won’t do that because his ego won’t let him

Yeah but he also got to be able to win fights.
And how many Cerrones can he get?
I dont see a comeback where he actually fights contenders at 155 or 170.

His interview with Megan from a month ago has 2 million hits lol. If that's a "decline" then it's a decline every athlete not named Messi or Ronaldo can only dream of. Hasn't fought in years and STILL the biggest name in the game.

Haters have convinced themselves that some libtard redditors judging him on the quickly disproven recent allegations from a gold digger = no longer popular. Some are desperate that a mascot skit gone wrong could be the end of him lmaoooo bless them. A lot of people are going to be very upset when his next fight does 1.5m+ buys.

At his very best, Conor barely squeaked past a very shopworn Nate Diaz, that is if you agree with the judges score cards.

The idea that he's going to come back at this age after a horrific, debilitating injury is laughable.

Dana White's wolf tickets will continue to garner likes and retweets and totally awesome emogis though

Isn't he fuckin awesome?

Back