Fight Recommendations For Outstanding Grappling Exchanges?

Saku vs newton
Macdonald vs Maia
Guida vs griffin (my favorite)
Edgar vs griffin (Frankie ufc debut)
Sanchez vs diaz
Parisyan vs diaz
Maia vs shields

Mercer vs Timmeh. That takedown and gnp was offensive grappling at its finest

If you like "dirty boxing" Couture vs Gonzaga is a master class of how do it proper and work a much bigger guy against the cage. Cain against Jds is another good example of when to hit and when to hold and just fucking break a dude down.
Timmuh is another one.

For a total mindfuck, watch old Pancrase when they limited closed fist strikes to the head. Old Bas fights in particular is interesting because he was largely self-taught.

For a total mindfuck, watch old Pancrase when they limited closed fist strikes to the head. Old Bas fights in particular is interesting because he was largely self-taught.
I still think ppl should use palm strikes in gnp. Difficult to dodge them. Close range damage. Break the nose. Mix it up w punches elbows and hammerfists

Wanna see some crazy grappling exchanges? Check out Pancrase. Delucia/Funaki have some of my favs

Crocop using the under hook to defend Coleman's takedown and shoving him away like he was a little kid was really fuckin terrifying. It hyped up the upcoming fight w Fedor alot more.

Crocop was insanely strong

If you like "dirty boxing" Couture vs Gonzaga is a master class of how do it proper and work a much bigger guy against the cage. Cain against Jds is another good example of when to hit and when to hold and just fucking break a dude down.
Dirty boxing seems to be a bit under-utilised in MMA.

I feel like most guys train the Thai style or Greco style of clinching and use it the throw knees and elbows or go for a a more Greco style throw.

Reactions: HHJ
Dirty boxing seems to be a bit under-utilised in MMA.

I feel like most guys train the Thai style or Greco style of clinching and use it the throw knees and elbows or go for a a more Greco style throw.
It def is underutilized. When guys are masters at it it's very noticeable to me.

First fight I thought of.

Just the balls on MacDonald to jump right into it and take the fight to Maia was awesome.
GSP shooting on Hughes at soon as the fight started in the first fight was amazing

Back