Fighter with unexpected good grappling/bjj skills

Corey Sandhagen.

Everyone blaming him for L'n'P against font, but his Wrestling really surprises me here.
He is already a pretty diverse striker with a lot of switches, and adding that wrestle element make his game really complete.
He showed hints of an evolving wrestling skill against Yadong, but against font his takedowns are amazing.

I have Pettis, Conor, and Ortega in mind

bait.gif

56ddec304d37a.gif

giphy.gif

Corey Sandhagen.

Everyone blaming him for L'n'P against font, but his Wrestling really surprises me here.
He is already a pretty diverse striker with a lot of switches, and adding that wrestle element make his game really complete.
He showed hints of an evolving wrestling skill against Yadong, but against font his takedowns are amazing.
For sure -- his wrestling seems to have come a long way since his losses to Dillashaw and Sterling

Can't think of many at the top of my head except for Aldo. Besides the excellent TDD he did have good grappling / bjj when he ever used it. To be fair, Chito's grappling is dogshit but Aldo held him in a body triangle for almost a whole round. And he's only been subbed once.

I have Pettis, Conor, and Ortega in mind
You mean the Conor with ONE sub in his entire career? And that was in the minor leagues in 2012?

The clown that jumped a gilly.. On Poirier?

lol.. The same Poirier that has zero gilly wins on his resume. But he keeps trying..

That’s the Conor you mean, right?

Izzy and Alex are underrated.

Surprising were people like Alan Blecher types who entered into the guard of very high level JJ greats and survived or won

Back