Fighters Getting Angry at Ariel Helwani

575638f925b1f136015194.gif

lol - mostly Dana and Rampage ripping on him. I think they are all joking around a bit with him. Dana probably doesn't like him though. Nick Diaz certainly doens't care for him. I think Rampage just likes to tease him. That's pretty funny though. Ariel's issue is that he's a shitty interviewer b/c he talks overtop of his guests and interrupts them constantly.

lol - mostly Dana and Rampage ripping on him. I think they are all joking around a bit with him. Dana probably doesn't like him though. Nick Diaz certainly doens't care for him. I think Rampage just likes to tease him. That's pretty funny though. Ariel's issue is that he's a shitty interviewer b/c he talks overtop of his guests and interrupts them constantly.

Yeah. Khabib seemed pretty pissed too.

Ariel is never there for the fighters. He is there with an Ariel agenda. A lot of them don't play these politics and games, and get pissed off. They need to take Dana's BS, they don't need to take Ariel's.

He the type to make a fighter hit em so he can sue em. Ariel the Coward no soul type and you see where his careers at now.

He's a sneak who pretends to be fighters friends which should be known going into any interaction, especially recorded ones... But it serves his position, gatta be kinda sleazy to get attention...

Is ariel still banned from UFC events?

no.
Following a conversation with the editorial team at SB Nation, UFC will not prevent MMAFighting.com from receiving media credentials to cover live UFC events. We respect the role the media plays in our sport and beyond, including MMAFighting's ability to report news. However, in our opinion, we believe the recurring tactics used by its lead reporter extended beyond the purpose of journalism. We feel confident our position has now been adequately communicated to the SB Nation editorial team.

however

Helwani claimed that he was removed from the Showtime broadcast team for the Mayweather vs. McGregor press tour, hours before the first press conference in Los Angeles. "Not working for @SHOsports anymore on the May/Mac tour," wrote Helwani on Twitter, "UFC specifically asked to have me removed. Incredibly disappointed."

Back