PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

It's almost time. Got my PS5 Slim digital today. Had to realize in the moment that Sony isn't as user friendly as Microsoft - I haven't had a Sony console in about four years - and it took me a while to recover my gamertag and then find out I can't just buy a game code for games, but that I'm only able to purchase their games through their store. Fun times. Still, I'm stoked for this. I've avoided every single thing about it that I've encountered online. Can't wait.

Congrats. The demo they put out lets you play a portion of the game, get a free item, and you can skip that section once the game releases. I still need to buy the game but I'll probably do it once I beat the demo tonight. I'm sure it'll end with them pushing me to preorder.

I got the PS5 with no disc drive as it was $60 cheaper and I rarely buy physical media nowadays. So... I don't really have a choice, lol.
Noice. I actually stopped doing that the day Remake came out, back when just about everything was closed down due to COVID. Spent three hours searching for an open game store, and the few that even were open didn't have the game in store due to supply delays.

Went home and downloaded it digitally after, from that day onward I decided to just download the stuffs to avoid any risk of getting delayed. I'm impatient as fuck. lol

Y'all I'm not gonna lie I'm fuggin tired man. It's 9 pm over here and the original plan was to wait until 12 to play a couple hours before bedtime but I might just call it a day and get up early tomorrow. For the ones that do intend to play right as it's available, have fun!

Congrats. The demo they put out lets you play a portion of the game, get a free item, and you can skip that section once the game releases. I still need to buy the game but I'll probably do it once I beat the demo tonight. I'm sure it'll end with them pushing me to preorder.

I refuse to play the demo. I'm stubborn. The first game on PS4 was more than enough to sell me on this one. I recall buying the original FF7 with my own money when I was young from EB. I would just sit and play it for hours. I think I racked up 200 hours on my main play through. It's an all time game for me. Up there with a Link to the Past, MGS, C:SOTN, Punch-out and on and on and on. I legitimately bought a PS5 solely for this game, lol.

Noice. I actually stopped doing that the day Remake came out, back when just about everything was closed down due to COVID. Spent three hours searching for an open game store, and the few that even were open didn't have the game in store due to supply delays.

Went home and downloaded it digitally after, from that day onward I decided to just download the stuffs to avoid any risk of getting delayed. I'm impatient as fuck. lol

Likewise. That's when I went full digital. With download speeds nowadays it just makes sense. I can download a 100+ GB game in a couple hours. I still go into GS from time to time to buy accessories as I used to work at one when I much younger, but it just makes too much sense to download my games when I'm working so much.

I refuse to play the demo. I'm stubborn. The first game on PS4 was more than enough to sell me on this one. I recall buying the original FF7 with my own money when I was young from EB. I would just sit and play it for hours. I think I racked up 200 hours on my main play through. It's an all time game for me. Up there with a Link to the Past, MGS, C:SOTN, Punch-out and on and on and on. I legitimately bought a PS5 solely for this game, lol.

Normally I'm the same way. With FF16 though they also did it like this and it just felt like I got to play the game early. I assume the demo portion is basically the beginning of the game and that's what you will be skipping. If it was just a demo where I had to replay it once the game released I wouldn't do it.

I lived in Germany when the OG FF7 came out, and my dad brought a playstation and FF7 back from TDY. I have been an FF whore since I was like 5, so I was super excited. I started to play, got through the scorpion and went to save my game. And learned that playstation required a memory card. So I was left with two choices: Stop playing and just redo the opening when I got the card, or power through and just pause the game wherever I made it to until we got the card from the store on base the next day. I was 10, so obviously I continued.

I made it all the way to the fight with Reno at the top of the Sector 7 Slum. He then proceeded to pyramid my characters, and I had no idea how to break them at the time. So I lost the fight, game overed, and my hours of work were lost.

I was pissed, but was smart, and just waited for the memory card, and got back there, and whipped his ass. I still remember how frustrated I was that I needed a memory card.

I lived in Germany when the OG FF7 came out, and my dad brought a playstation and FF7 back from TDY. I have been an FF whore since I was like 5, so I was super excited. I started to play, got through the scorpion and went to save my game. And learned that playstation required a memory card. So I was left with two choices: Stop playing and just redo the opening when I got the card, or power through and just pause the game wherever I made it to until we got the card from the store on base the next day. I was 10, so obviously I continued.

I made it all the way to the fight with Reno at the top of the Sector 7 Slum. He then proceeded to pyramid my characters, and I had no idea how to break them at the time. So I lost the fight, game overed, and my hours of work were lost.

I was pissed, but was smart, and just waited for the memory card, and got back there, and whipped his ass. I still remember how frustrated I was that I needed a memory card.
Did you "cheat" in FF6 on SNES where you could leave the system on overnight while doing the river raft part early in the game?

Anyone know if we get the Ruby or Emerald and Diamond weapon to fight . Those were epic long ass battles lol

This game is massive. Like, ridiculously massive. I think 100%-ing the first zone alone will take you at least 10-12 hours. Wtf

YT really needs to start clamping down on allowing spoilers for stuff that's not even out yet.

Currently downloading while I’m at work. 145gigs (?) PS5 says I’ll have the first bit to play in like 9 hrs lol and a total of 45 hrs to download the rest of the game, my gawd.
I had to delete like 3 games just to download it lol

So glad I played the demo last night before getting the game. Was able to skip a large portion of the early game and get right to the main story again. It really felt like I played the game early since I finished the demo at like 10:00pm. Thank god I had fiber I didn't realize it was 145GB. I wanted to play the demo and then buy it through the demo to send a message to Sqaure. I barely got the download done in time.

Going to have an extra hour to play tonight since my son doesn't have school tomorrow.

Back