Finances don't feel right......

All asset classes have bled to 0 when compared against Bitcoin and crypto in general over the last decade. I wouldn't go all into crypto necessarily, but doing your own research and understanding why the smartest money in the world (eg. BlackRock) has turned bullish on crypto is a favour to do to yourself and your portfolio. Need to build conviction by doing your own research though.

All asset classes have bled to 0 when compared against Bitcoin and crypto in general over the last decade. I wouldn't go all into crypto necessarily, but doing your own research and understanding why the smartest money in the world (eg. BlackRock) has turned bullish on crypto is a favour to do to yourself and your portfolio. Need to build conviction by doing your own research though.
I do have some crypto now, started two months ago? Have a few that I’m getting a feel for price, and general movement, and it feels medium risk, and it’s nice.

Put it in a managed fund with good diversity and a decent reputation. Find a stock % your comfortable with.

Liquidating to invest in a completely different area could run into Capital Gains, which would devastate the balance.

Aside from inflation and gas thrashing our wallets, I've been having a gut feeling that my finances are wrong.

For the sake of argument, would you feel right if you had a large sum of money in the stock market? It's doing well, but something is unsettling about having said money in the market, on top of retirement accounts.

Some reason, it feels like physical investments need more attention? Lets say you had millions in the stock market and it was producing good yields, would you kill a good thing, or part of it, and move to real estate/business investments? apologize if the topic is too heavy.

You understand that a stockmarket investment is a business investment, right?

Buy dogecoin mate

I only have what I can afford to lose in stocks, the rest in property and other assets.

Some reason, it feels like physical investments need more attention?

They do. That's why people invest in the market. So they don't have to pay attention to the demands of a physical investment.

Even if it's real estate, most physical investments are still buying a stake business that needs to be managed and comes with some liability. In the market it's hands off and your exposure is typically limited to the money you've invested.

Sure you could bet the farm on baseball cards or gold bars, and it's passive with basically no liability but it's difficult to liquidate for it's supposed "market value".

Me personally, I prefer physical assets over the stock market. Stocks really does feel like gambling to me.

2XvCgau.png

Vote @Cherdawg and @tardzilla for national sherdog treasurer

imo

@TeTe

Fools I tell you, to truly profit from the orange, you must become the orange.......a pair of lemons don't make oranges.....

I asked my missus to get us some chocolates, and she brought back Terry's Chocolate Orange Truffles.

Thus making my crippling injury entirely worth it.

I asked my missus to get us some chocolates, and she brought back Terry's Chocolate Orange Truffles.

Thus making my crippling injury entirely worth it.

I bet your glad your a Sherdogger, having that middle leg must make walking a lot easier, missus must have to work hard keeping you standing.......

How is the leg going?

You put some in CDs and lock in 5 percent plus yield until the fed cuts rates. Chances are they'll have to cut when the economy really starts to slow, which means stock market will shit the bed. When it does, buy back into the market.

nobody really listens to CDs anymore.
now vinyl on the other hand

I bet your glad your a Sherdogger, having that middle leg must make walking a lot easier, missus must have to work hard keeping you standing.......

How is the leg going?

Oh the contrary. I was shouting at my balls because they kept blocking my third leg when sitting on the toilet. I was sitting with my left ankle on my right knee, like a Figure 4, so...angles...

Leg is better, thank you. Swelling is mostly gone and I can walk to and from the bathroom with a slight limp, as my left leg isn't great when my right is stepping forward.

Only thing is that I still get pressure and pain if I stand up for more than a few seconds. It's nowhere as bad as it used to be, but I'm going to be jumping up and down platforms and pacing a lot of I go back to work after my sick note ends, and I'm not sure that my leg can handle it yet. I'm going to get some opinions after the weekend.

I'm going to be on thinners for a few months and I may start reducing painkillers intake soon and seeing how it goes.

Oh the contrary. I was shouting at my balls because they kept blocking my third leg when sitting on the toilet. I was sitting with my left ankle on my right knee, like a Figure 4, so...angles...

Leg is better, thank you. Swelling is mostly gone and I can walk to and from the bathroom with a slight limp, as my left leg isn't great when my right is stepping forward.

Only thing is that I still get pressure and pain if I stand up for more than a few seconds. It's nowhere as bad as it used to be, but I'm going to be jumping up and down platforms and pacing a lot of I go back to work after my sick note ends, and I'm not sure that my leg can handle it yet. I'm going to get some opinions after the weekend.

I'm going to be on thinners for a few months and I may start reducing painkillers intake soon and seeing how it goes.

Did they give you any exercises to help your rehabilitation??

The richer you are the more you need to shift your focus on protecting your dough rather than increasing it.

Right now I have most of my money in a 401k where it's all in an S&P 500 index fund. That's considered risky for a retirement account.

Once I reach a certain amount, I'll start diversifying it into safer investments.

If you have millions that aren't in a retirement account, I feel like real estate is going to be attractive in 2025.

Prices will dip, the key is to get in right before the Fed cuts interest rates. Because that will cause prices to go up.

But since you have the money to buy a house outright, then you can avoid the high interest rates that are our there now. Just enjoy the low prices.

Did they give you any exercises to help your rehabilitation??

Actually, they didn't.

They gave me my diagnosis, ran a few tests, gave me a prescription (which they knackered) and then pushed me to the door.

It was a bit annoying actually, because I didn't know if the stretches that I was putting on myself were helping or charming. Luckily, they seem to have helped.

No idea what to expect, no idea what to do aside from take pills, no idea when to go back to work...

I just wish that there was someone that I could talk to on the clock and ask questions to.

Back