Firas Zahabi will be cornering Gall and trained him for 3 weeks for Sage

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

8:23

"I love the kid," Zahabi said in the interview. "The kid’s amazing. He’s super-amazing. He’s amazing in the practice room, he’s amazing outside. He’s super-hard working, he’s friendly, I couldn’t ask for more."

"I was trying to talk to him, this was when he was in Legacy," Zahabi said. "I saw his fights in Legacy, I really liked the kid. I’m always looking for that type of fighter. He has good distance and footwork and karate and traditional stuff. So I looked up, and I couldn’t find his dad on Facebook. I don’t know if has a Facebook, but I wasn’t able to. And then I got a call from a friend who knows them, and he said hey, we can connect you guys. And we got connected. We tried training for a week together, and we both enjoyed it, so we’re going to be working together from now on."

Ppl are Tristar also apparently said he wasnt a hard worker like Gall........

Sage-Northcutt-and-GSP.jpg

giphy.gif

Damn. I thought Zahabi was training Sage and thought he'd eventually move there full time (he needs to).

You people forgetting that Papa Northcutt pulled Sage out of Tristar because he didn't like Firas's training style?

His loss. Mickey's gain.

Mickey should have brought Firas into the cage with a bag over his head then made the shocking reveal that he was training him now. The shocking betrayal would push Sage to drop his good boy act and start dropping F bombs.

I'm sold on Gall's skills, but I want to see how he reacts when facing adversity. Sage looked weak against BB, but he did rally to beat Marin.

I'm sold on Gall's skills, but I want to see how he reacts when facing adversity. Sage looked weak against BB, but he did rally to beat Marin.

Part of me understands this mentality, but the another part of me sees people use a fighter's past adversity to argue against his chances of victory in future fights.

Mickey should have brought Firas into the cage with a bag over his head then made the shocking reveal that he was training him now. The shocking betrayal would push Sage to drop his good boy act and start dropping F bombs.

Wa5ZjO2.gif

firas betraying sage. didnt sage train there for like a day for his second fight until his dad said enough?! where that loyalty firas?

I could train sage for 4 weeks if I felt like it.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen...no wait Tito's not in the frame nevermind.Also Gall will eventually take the fight to the ground and submit Sage,I guarantee it. Sage's ground game is so poor considering how long he has been training Jiu-Jitsu,Gall is light years ahead of him in that area specifically and with much less experience.

All in on Gall. I expect him to handle Sage easily and tap him out.

Part of me understands this mentality, but the another part of me sees people use a fighter's past adversity to argue against his chances of victory in future fights.
I always look for consistencies before labeling a fighter, but these guys are too young to be labeled. A guy like Gall has 3 very similar victories against over-matched opponents. I'm just looking for answers.

Sage is almost underrated because of thE Barberena fight. He has taken out 3 legit mma fighters and gave Barberena hell before losing. I know more about him than I do Gall, but even he is a mystery.

If he loses another fight or two in rd 2 or 3 after dominating rd 1, I'll feel more comfortable labeling him. Maybe the weakness in the Barberena fight was the exception/fluke; maybe the grit he showed in the Marin fight won't be there. Or maybe, neither trait shows up more than the other throughout his career.

Anyway, regardless of who the fighter is, I always want to see how a fighter looks when he's tired or hurt- or, in Gall's case, even round 2 would be interesting. I have high expectations for both guys.

"Sage Northcutt was never my friend"

- Firas Zahabi

Back