First Ezekiel Attempt From the Bottom in UFC History?

i have no idea whether or not this is correct, but for some reason i'm envisioning an attempt from Remco Pardoel, i might be full of shit though.

I can't help but ezekiel is such a fuckin great choke. Only sub you can get from the top in someone closed guard. Hit it once on a purple belt once. I laughed cause they were way better than me. Didn't mean to be a dick. I was just surprised I got it and thought it was funny. I think they took it as a sign to murder me forever...

I can't help but ezekiel is such a fuckin great choke. Only sub you can get from the top in someone closed guard. Hit it once on a purple belt once. I laughed cause they were way better than me. Didn't mean to be a dick. I was just surprised I got it and thought it was funny. I think they took it as a sign to murder me forever...

if you try and choke me from inside my guard I’m taking your arm home with me all day.

Royce Gracie tried that shit repeatedly against Ken Shamrock in UFC 5 superfight.

if you try and choke me from inside my guard I’m taking your arm home with me all day.
That's certainly the standard thought of chokes from top guard but I've seen a video of a BJJ blackbelt being choked unconscious by it in bottom guard - I think by a judoka in an exhibition match or something. Ezekial is one of those weird moves that defies the "position before submission" convention and can be used from anywhere as Oleinik has shown in MMA. Amassa Pao is another one - have to be a bit more careful with that one though and be ready to retract your arm if needed to use it as a guard open.

i have no idea whether or not this is correct, but for some reason i'm envisioning an attempt from Remco Pardoel, i might be full of shit though.
Remvo used to beba Sherdogger... He was Lee Murray's judo coach - They both used to tell stories on here.

Ezekiel is always worth a shot. It's not as insulting at the wrist lock lol.

a locked up ezekiel? it's over. There is no room to twist your hips. it's a sub you have to tap to quickly when locked. try to move your hips people will just follow you.

I still believe that if Akiyama was able to wear a gi in the cage, he would have had much more success.

Aoki's gogo from the mount always impressed me

giphy.gif

a locked up ezekiel? it's over. There is no room to twist your hips. it's a sub you have to tap to quickly when locked. try to move your hips people will just follow you.

Good luck locking an Ezekiel from inside the guard. That’s day one shit you’re taught to defend. As soon as you reach around my head it’s armbar city all day.

eight years of bjj, never been tapped by anyone that’s inside of my guard.

I still believe that if Akiyama was able to wear a gi in the cage, he would have had much more success.

Aoki's gogo from the mount always impressed me

giphy.gif

Is it me or is he using his right hand to lift the back of the opponents neck into his ankle while pressing down?

I do believe Remco ezekiel'd his UFC 2 opponent, but it was from the top position.

Yes. That's what a gogoplata is.

I thought you more grabbed your foot to press your shin into their throat more. The way Aoki did it seemed to be focusing more on lifting his head so he could press the shin. I mean it's the little things ofc, but I guess it's because he was doing it from mount instead of his back.

Back