JOKER v. 2 (NYPD Vows to Deploy More Officers This Weekend; First Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much into super heroes but Joker's figure ever had charisma to me

But in a movie i never likes him, not Nicholson not Ledger not Leto not this new one
Will love see some truly dark and visionary director give him a shoot pushing it away from realism, almost on horror direction
Not even Ledger hmm?
You must be a genius. You talk as if you already seen this movie and its release date is October 2019.
I love your english btw ... its length is visionary, so please continue with your lesson, we are dying to hear ...
giphy.gif

Not even Ledger hmm?
You must be a genius. You talk as if you already seen this movie and its release date is October 2019.
I love your english btw ... its length is visionary, so please continue with your lesson, we are dying to hear ...

Ledger was maybe the one most far to what i imagine as the Joker, nothing to do with him being a good actor or not

This guy was what give the inspiration for the Joker, none of the actors that played it ever nailed that kind of crazy/disturbing
Man%2Bwho%2Blaughs.png
NYlr9kR.jpg

Ledger was maybe the one most far to what i imagine as the Joker, nothing to do with him being a good actor or not

This guy was what give the inspiration for the Joker, none of the actors that played it ever nailed that kind of crazy/disturbing
Man%2Bwho%2Blaughs.png
NYlr9kR.jpg
maybe so, but thats still subjective.
if you ask 100 people if this new joker movie or Joaquin Phoenix as the new Joker will exceed their expectations quite probably 9/10 of them will say no, but who knows ? Give it a chance and in the end make your judgement if you will, not judging even before you see the whole picture...

maybe so, but thats still subjective.
if you ask 100 people if this new joker movie or Joaquin Phoenix as the new Joker will exceed their expectations quite probably 9/10 of them will say no, but who knows ? Give it a chance and in the end make your judgement if you will, not judging even before you see the whole picture...

alot of people refused to believe heath ledger was good as the joker til they seen the dark knight (me included since i was a fan of jack nicholson previously)

alot of people refused to believe heath ledger was good as the joker til they seen the dark knight (me included since i was a fan of jack nicholson previously)
i hate this day in age cgi bullshit movie industry we live in, it sucks, i cant remember the last recent good movie ive watched.
still i find this teaser trailer very interesting and well made and i have a feeling that Joaquin will do a great job... i hope he does great.

i hate this day in age cgi bullshit movie industry we live in, it sucks, i cant remember the last recent good movie ive watched.
still i find this teaser trailer very interesting and well made and i have a feeling that Joaquin will do a great job... i hope he does great.

i think it depends on the movie. In movies like 300 and Gladiator CGI was definitely worth the trade off. I do like smaller budget but more 'quirky' storlyines though, such as Bone Tomahawk and Split

There was a lot of backlash on Ledger when he was announced to play the Joker but once the first trailer dropped just about all internet critics took back what they said. I don't think I've ever seen a massive unanimous switch from ney to yeah like I did with Ledger just based on a trailer. Everything turned overnight.

There is definitely more hesitation with this Joker trailer than with the Dark Knight back in late 2007 from what i can see but overall everything is very positive for this movie. The Dark Knight trailer introducing Heath's version was just groundbreaking shit that you can't duplicate since that style was the first of its kind.

Last edited:
I just can't get behind this movie. I like Joaquin but nothing about this movie seems like the Joker to me.

Uh no. Not at all

That's interesting, because Phoenix looks like he'll be channeling Ledger's Joker quite a bit. Just look at the way he's moving and his mannerisms when he's in full Joker costume. That's got Ledger written all over it.

Ledger's Joker was clearly far removed from the "traditional" character.
I agree but it still felt like the Joker, basically made for Nolan's world and turned up to 11. I've never thought of the Joker as some clown that was bullied. I think the way Nolan handled his background, or lack thereof, perfectly fit the character.

That's interesting, because Phoenix looks like he'll be channeling Ledger's Joker quite a bit. Just look at the way he's moving and his mannerisms when he's in full Joker costume. That's got Ledger written all over it.
From a physical standpoint I can see that. I just can't get down with the bullied clown angle.

I agree but it still felt like the Joker, basically made for Nolan's world and turned up to 11. I've never thought of the Joker as some clown that was bullied. I think the way Nolan handled his background, or lack thereof, perfectly fit the character.

So you think the Joker had a perfect childhood? People that fucked up have usually had the world shit on them.

The Joker character is written in a lot of ways...I've never had an issue with different interpretations. Leto playing Joker like the insane crime boss more than Ledger's Joker the insane domestic terrorist doesn't bother me. The tattoos were off, but I think the same about Phoenix rocking standard clown make up from the looks of it...
Leto 's Joker look like a pimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back