Is Dominick Reyes done??

He needs to take a step back and fight someone without a power threat. He fought Jan, Jiri and Spann. They all hit quite hard. Maybe match him up with Smith but I don't know if Smith wants to fight down.

If you are a Jones fan, you gave him the benefit of the doubt. If you hate the guy, you think he lost. Three judges sitting about 10 feet away, thought Jones won too.
Awful decisions and combat sports kinda go hand in hand. In the event thread practically no one thought Jones won. The media was nearly unanimous too.

He needs to change things up, Arlovski pulled it together. No one that is beating Reyes, is doing itby decision, they are just taking advantage of his weak chin. Possibly could have a more defensive style and be a whole new fighter. However his confidence might be shot.

I don't really agree with this premise personally. See I fell into this trap when I picked him against Spann. I thought "Even if his chin got ruined by Jan and Jiri, he should still have all of the same technical skills that make him a fairly solid fighter and leagues ahead of Ryan. Short of a puncher's chance, he should box Spann up no problem, same way Smith did!"

Boy was I wrong. It's not like Spann "just caught" Reyes. Dom looked absolutely awful. Where he was previously known for his graceful, athletic footwork and the way he could bounce around the Octagon and mix up his shot selection, against Ryan we saw none of that. The dude was dragging himself around the cage, flat-footed, like he was stuck in molasses. Everything about the way he moved and struck was painfully slow. Not just that, but his decision-making was off, too: he was throwing naked body kicks with zero setup that were telegraphed from a mile away. He looked nothing like the guy who fought Jones and stormed his way up the division years ago; he looked thoroughly washed IMO, as crazy as it is to say considering he's a guy with fairly little fight mileage in the grand scheme of things.

Reyes I don't think has ever really been the same since his absolutely brutal loss to Prochazka.
That fight is tough to watch especially the spinning elbow finish where Reyes just got his face smashed.

Sometimes, devastating losses like that just change a fighter permanently, and I think this is what has happened to Reyes.

Next to Gustaffasson in his 1st fight against Jones, Reyes did the best (still had Jones winning tho)….

However, can’t recall a fighter who has been brutally KO’d in every fight since AND has still been able to stay relative.

Is there any hope for Dominick to contend again?

Is he done?, Here's the long and the short of it....yesssssss....yes.lol

If he loses another one by KO he should be thinking about retirement, this one isnt exactly that long after his last loss, it will be like 7 months after that, probably would had been better if he takes a full year off, they gave him a guy with a not so great record, but over 50% KO rate, Reyes is going to sleep.

I thought Arlovski was done 10 years ago after getting KOed every other fight. He is still in the UFC making good money. Reyes can definetly come back strong.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is oh it was he won the Jones' fight but do you really think the UFC wanted enough out of Jones to pay off judges. Like common, he only spikes interest, and I could care less about him fighting stipe. What sense would it make for someone in his trouble to make sure he won??

FhaTt69XEAcMIGx

The crazy thing is oh it was he won the Jones' fight but do you really think the UFC wanted enough out of Jones to pay off judges. Like common, he only spikes interest, and I could care less about him fighting stipe. What sense would it make for someone in his trouble to make sure he won??
Dude legit hit his ceiling I believe

He clearly won 1,2,3 sir, anyone with eyes could see that... except the judges of course.
Judges and half of the press had Jones winning, sir.

Don’t let your hate for Jones blind you, sir.

I thought Arlovski was done 10 years ago after getting KOed every other fight. He is still in the UFC making good money. Reyes can definetly back strong.
AA IS done…HW sucks and all he does is jab, 1-2 and resets.

AA does not even look like he is even trying to win for the last 7 years.

Last edited:
Back