Fixing an oven.

Hi folks. I have a Samsung oven fairly basic about five years old. It has four electric burners on top and the oven is below. Yesterday I was cooking something in the oven and it started overheating. Made a nasty burning smell so I turned it off.

Might this be something I can fix? Or call someone to fix? Or should I buy a new one?

Any helpful information is appreciated. Thank you.

I can't tell you how to fix that but I can brighten your day by showing you my Hibiscus lol.

IMG_20220805_214139_01.jpg

I can't tell you how to fix that but I can brighten your day by showing you my Hibiscus lol.

View attachment 937648
It's very nice. Thank you SL.

I emailed someone I found on craigs list. Hopefully it's something with the thermostat. If not I may get one second hand. Everyone in this thread has been funny and / or helpful.

It's very nice. Thank you SL.

I emailed someone I found on craigs list. Hopefully it's something with the thermostat. If not I may get one second hand. Everyone in this thread has been funny and / or helpful.

I planted a white one on the side of it this year, next year it should be pretty awesome with the white and red.

Sorry I couldn't help you out though, if you had a concrete, carving, art, painting houses, landscaping question I could have been more assistance lol.

Hi folks. I have a Samsung oven fairly basic about five years old. It has four electric burners on top and the oven is below. Yesterday I was cooking something in the oven and it started overheating. Made a nasty burning smell so I turned it off.

Might this be something I can fix? Or call someone to fix? Or should I buy a new one?

Any helpful information is appreciated. Thank you.
Buy a new one before your state bans gas ovens. That's my plan. Thankfully I still have 11 more years.

Guys please don't buy Samsung appliances.

They make good phones and TV's, but their appliance division is THE WORST.

Their washer/dryers, dishwashers, and ovens all suck ass, and their refrigerators are the worst. You'd be better off buying some unknown brand for cheap, because although Samsung appliances are the least reliable, they charge prices as if they were good.

They're totally taking advantage of name brand recognition because people like their phones and TVs, but don't fall for it.

Guys please don't buy Samsung appliances.

They make good phones and TV's, but their appliance division is THE WORST.

Their washer/dryers, dishwashers, and ovens all suck ass, and their refrigerators are the worst. You'd be better off buying some unknown brand for cheap, because although Samsung appliances are the least reliable, they charge prices as if they were good.

They're totally taking advantage of name brand recognition because people like their phones and TVs, but don't fall for it.

Yep Samsung fridge/freezer combo wouldn't drain the condensation from defrosting properly causing it to freeze the fan in place and raise the freezer temp because it wouldn't circulate cold air....twice..in sunny San Diego.

Had to unload freezer and remove back panel, use a blow dryer to de-ice the fan. After the second time I un-leveled the unit so the water would properly drain...was a rented house so no way was I buying a new fridge and in Cali the appliances are on you..

I already knew what the problem was when I read Samsung. Well, not the appliance's problem, but the deeper problem. Don't buy "smart" appliances. It's over-engineered crap that will break. The dumber and more analog your appliance is, the better. You could go to a used appliance store and buy something from the 2000s that could, depending on your luck, well outlive something you bought brand new.

Back