@Green
Reaction score
So I was looking for ideas for good food choice advice

I will start first

1. Reduce diary
2. Reduce red meat - instead eat more chicken and fish
3. Add green vegies ( to almost every meal) and red fruit
4. Eggs, more eggs and more eggs
5. Sweet potato and rise as main carbs - but you have to earn your carbs. Lower body fat people need more carbs
6. Reduce protein shakes - eat more real food
7. Supplements - mg, zn, ca - or anything that will add to increase your alkaline state of the body to reduce inflamination and speed up recovery. Some people will even recommend soda bicarbonate ... but I have not tried this myself so no clue.

So what advice do you have?

I will start first

1. Reduce diary
5. Sweet potato and rise as main carbs - but you have to earn your carbs. Lower body fat people need more carbs
7. Supplements - mg, zn, ca - or anything that will add to increase your alkaline state of the body to reduce inflamination and speed up recovery. Some people will even recommend soda bicarbonate ... but I have not tried this myself so no clue.

1. only if you're lactose/casein intolerant
2. red meat is fine....better than poultry if you're worried about inflammation and omega 3 content
3. whatever, pretty neutral decision
4. good idea
5. not a bad idea
6. smart
7. only needed if the rest of your diet is trash. Baking soda will weaken the pH of your stomach acid and you may not fully digest your food, especially if you're eating animal proteins. This whole alkaline state is still quite unsubstantiated, it's all guess work at this point.

1. only if you're lactose/casein intolerant
2. red meat is fine....better than poultry if you're worried about inflammation and omega 3 content
3. whatever, pretty neutral decision
4. good idea
5. not a bad idea
6. smart
7. only needed if the rest of your diet is trash. Baking soda will weaken the pH of your stomach acid and you may not fully digest your food, especially if you're eating animal proteins. This whole alkaline state is still quite unsubstantiated, it's all guess work at this point.

Appreciate it. Any tips to add?

Appreciate it. Any tips to add?

Not really. The fact that you're this thoughtful about your diet means that you're likely eating better than 90% of the general population. I'm a big fan of organ meats and bone broth though. If you're consuming muscle meat for protein, you should be using the rest of the animal for micro nutrients. Just my two cents.

I will start first

1. Reduce diary

What’s your actual goal though?

What’s your actual goal though?
Weight loss, but obviously healthy lifestyle. I want to drop to 12-15 % body fat, teach my body consume healthy food and stay at that body fat %. I have been overweight half my life. So enough is enough.

Weight loss, but obviously healthy lifestyle. I want to drop to 12-15 % body fat, teach my body consume healthy food and stay at that body fat %. I have been overweight half my life. So enough is enough.

You seem pretty informed so I’m gonna assume you’ve done TDEE calculators etc

Because I’ve done pretty much every single diet there is in my time and honestly calories in vs calories out is all that matters for the most part, especially with weight loss

tracking calories with an app, find your tdee, eat the same few meals, cheat a little on the weekend. i eat brown rice, fish, oats, eggs, nuts, veggies, fruit and a pea protein powder. i was never fat but never had a cut six pack neither. so when i started tracking i noticed for the first time how fucking many calories is just down out of boredom or because i thought i need more protein. i want to cut to ca. 10% and then start upping the calories a little again. i lose around 1kg a month which is nice and easy. really tracking calories made a huge difference and is so easy with the new app stuff.

I will start first

1. Reduce diary

You can still eat junk within this framework. Here's a tip: no fast food, no premade packaged processed food. If you really can't cook or make a sammich for lunch, do it for a few days at a time.

tracking calories with an app, find your tdee, eat the same few meals, cheat a little on the weekend. i eat brown rice, fish, oats, eggs, nuts, veggies, fruit and a pea protein powder. i was never fat but never had a cut six pack neither. so when i started tracking i noticed for the first time how fucking many calories is just down out of boredom or because i thought i need more protein. i want to cut to ca. 10% and then start upping the calories a little again. i lose around 1kg a month which is nice and easy. really tracking calories made a huge difference and is so easy with the new app stuff.
My problem with calories in vs calories out and tracking is when I did it I indeed lost weight, but the fat was there. So I took another approach with gaining muscle and weight, and now about an year later I feel enough muscle, but would like to keep it while taking longer with the weight loss. I would like my body to take its time with the reconstruction. Thus the healthy eating, intensive training and being less worried about tracking calories and more worried about healthy lifestyle. I belive the weight loss with body fat loss will happen eventually.

Funny enough while I regained 7 kg after my initial cut I feel I am leaner than before and have lost some body fat.

No snacking. There are no snacks that aren't sugar, carbs or sugar and carbs.

No snacking. There are no snacks that aren't sugar, carbs or sugar and carbs.

Jesus... Don't you consider nuts, apples, bananas, berries etc with natural greek yoghurt or whatever you like as a snack? There are some good healthy snacks you just need to think about it, like nuts bars or other oatmeal based snacks. So many choices, just take calories into consideration.

I don't see what's wrong with protein shakes, especially when combined properly. I think a natural whey, banana, and oats with raw manuka honey smoothie is a very balanced and nutritious meal. Get a lil fancy and add a quality 3-6-9 fat (like Udo's), and some psyllium husk and it's even better. A smoothie like this always leaves me feeling very energised, much more than any meat meal. It also doesn't give me the slight heavy feeling after a meat meal. It digests with ease and I don't have to spend time cooking.

Back