Footage captures the interaction between Fury and Wilder after the fight-Wilder now responds

Yeah I saw this. Deontay simply doesn’t like to have fans it seems. He makes it hard. Still fought like a warrior and it’s also hard to dislike him but god damn. Still, hard to be 100% mentally in it after getting that bad a whooping. Maybe he changed his mind a bit afterwards

Merged ya to keep the clutter down.
Cant argue with your efficiency. Thought it kinda deserved it's own thread since its his first statement after the fight and it's all class.

I’m always blown away when fighters show real respect after beating the shit out of each other.

But the far more normal human reaction would be to tell the other guy to fuck off, especially if he’s in your face afterwards, so I can’t really hold anything against Wilder here.

Or its damage control from the backlash hes getting
Wilder doesn't strike me as an easily pressured guy due to backlash from fans. The competitive beef they had is not normal. Not something you see often in sports. Fury had some shit to say before the fight all the way up to their final staredown in the ring where he called Wilder a bitch. You expect all that to be dropped instantly? Not only is it naive, but it’s very fake. What you saw in the ring post fight was real. Like when Lesnar screamed in Mirs bloody face. The realness must be respected to some degree imo.

Deontay simply needed some time to reflect in peace. Not directly after getting KO'd, getting swarmed by like 450 people in the ring and Fury (the guy who just decked you) coming out of nowhere and says "hey i beat you fair and square blablabla".

Yeah I saw this. Deontay simply doesn’t like to have fans it seems. He makes it hard. Still fought like a warrior and it’s also hard to dislike him but god damn. Still, hard to be 100% mentally in it after getting that bad a whooping. Maybe he changed his mind a bit afterwards
It is so sad, as he did so much damage to his legacy and reputation after the second Fury fight, but then in the trilogy he completely erased that with his courageous performance. And then in typical Deontay style, he erases all that by refusing to shake hands. It is like he is trying to race to the bottom and become as disliked as possible.

Hopefully as cooler heads prevail he comes out and says good fight to Tyson, explains he was in the heat of the moment and says the better man won (even if he has to force the words out and really does not mean it).

Well, better late than never, but Fury deserved this in the ring post fight. Wilder needs to grow up.

It's about time! That was not so hard, was it, Deontay? Just a simple congrats will go a long way in restoring all that good credit he gained in that war. Let us just hope he keeps that way and does not go fueling any wild conspiracies again. I still like his chances vs any HW not named Fury.

Wilder on Boxing: "“I’ve learned that sometimes you have to lose to win."

Dilfer on the NFL:
cucru.gif

Back