Media For anyone here that's financially illiterate... "Once I learned how debt worked it changed my life" -James Krause (5 Mil. Debt)

It is common for commercial real estate investors to use leverage. They take loans on existing equity to buy more real estate. They save money on taxes and avoid inflation. As long as their cash flow significantly exceeds the mortgage/loan payments they are fine. If not, they would have to sell properties.

What if a creditor cuts you off or wants their loans repaid?

I wonder if this goes as well as his betting discord did.

Yeah, probably what you don't do if you're running an illegal betting ring is brag that you're running it and it's illegal.

Probably what you don't do if you're millions in debt and still trying to borrow is brag that you're millions in debt and still trying to borrow.

Dude seems like a complete bozo.

It is common for commercial real estate investors to use leverage. They take loans on existing equity to buy more real estate. They save money on taxes and avoid inflation. As long as their cash flow significantly exceeds the mortgage/loan payments they are fine. If not, they would have to sell properties.
It's basically a gamble but if all your properties are rented out you can make a good profit. The biggest problem is always getting the first loan

There are sort of separate issues to judge here, the first is that you can have a lot of debts and leverage them to increase your net worth. And that James Krause is doing that. I have no doubt that some people do this. I have some doubt that James Krause is doing this.

Impossible to say with certainty. You'd have to know what his balance sheet looks like, and the associated interest rates. But my experience is just that if someone is trying to sell you a class or mentorship or self-advertising about how they have a lot of debt and you too can also have a lot of debt and be "rich", they usually aren't doing so well.

Back