For my Aussie Sherbros.

SadBunny

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi!
images

But on a serious note; Does American Politics and Economy affect your daily lives down under?
When something happens over yonder, do you slowly start seeing the ripple effects?

Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi!
images

But on a serious note; Does American Politics and Economy affect your daily lives down under?
When something happens over yonder, do you slowly start seeing the ripple effects?
Sup cunt?

Daily no. Most people just ignore it, but sweet zombie Jesus, do a whole lot of people still have TDS down here. People just spend way too much time on social media.

I think at this point, the western nations have become one, amorphous blob. If you walk down the street in LA, Auckland, Sydney, London (I assume the same is true in Canada) It's all basically the same thing.

Can you get kangaroo meat down there?

Or is that a thing? Or is the meat too lean to really eat?

Kangaroo is fucking delicious. I used to buy it from a general grocery store in Amsterdam. It's dirty gamey much like Ostrich. If you know your way around a kitchen it's wonderful.

Kangaroo is fucking delicious. I used to buy it from a general grocery store in Amsterdam. It's dirty gamey much like Ostrich. If you know your way around a kitchen it's wonderful.
Oh I love gamey!

I’ve had ostrich before it was pretty good, reminded me of a mix between duck and pheasant.

wondered if kangaroo was on the menu down there. Kinda like reindeer is available up around Alaska/Canada, I enjoyed that as well.

Yeah you can get it at supermarkets. All hunted no farming. Most people here don't really seem to like it. I like it but more as a once and awhile thing.

Yes you can get it at the supermarket, some butcher shops have it but it's more common in just the supermarkets.

Agree if you know how to cook it, it can be alright. Wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Yes you can get it at the supermarket, some butcher shops have it but it's more common in just the supermarkets.
Is there some kind of specialty type of dish? Is it supposed to be grilled like a bbq or in a stew?

Or is it like chicken and people just toss it in whatever…?

Is there some kind of specialty type of dish? Is it supposed to be grilled like a bbq or in a stew?

Or is it like chicken and people just toss it in whatever…?
It can be made however you like, not sure about any speciality dish.

I've had it as BBQ and a stew. I've heard people compare it to deer (never had it) so if you like that then you'll most likely enjoy kangaroo, it's very game meat.

It's also popular as pet food, dogs love it. My friend gets his dog kangaroo jerky.

Mate US shit is all over the news all the time. Plus all the degeneracy and cultural rot.
Not much happens in our politics a lot of the time so I guess that's one of the reasons. But yes it all filters down. Plus we end up in most of the US wars, so your international politics has effect.

Economic news and some other things are like a warning of what is coming, we are just a bit behind time wise.

Yeah it's about at supermarkets and some butchers. It can be rich in taste.
The secret is to not cook it too much. Medium rare with a red wine sauce or something. I don't eat it a lot but I like it.
As the other poster said if you know your way around a kitchen you could get good at it.

Yes, not as easy to find as it was 10 years ago but still in a lot of stores.

Need to slice it relatively thin and cook on high heat in my experience as an Australian 5 years removed.

It can be made however you like, not sure about any speciality dish.

I've had it as BBQ and a stew. I've heard people compare it to deer (never had it) so if you like that then you'll most likely enjoy kangaroo, it's very game meat.

It's also popular as pet food, dogs love it. My friend gets his dog kangaroo jerky.

I see you still remember stuff from your families butcher shop back in the day.

The shop where your family ran an illegal MT fighting ring, and the cops came and you had to flee the country.

do y'all got some local types of moon shine or liquor that is rarely seen outside of aus?
what is the Australian burger style?
beach or out back? which one has more fun outdoor activities?

Kangaroo meat goes mostly to pet because it's hard to process it legally for human consumption when wild hunted. You gotta have all this shit in place.. License, cleanliness, water supply, etc. Fine in town but hard in the fucking outback.
For you yanks, imagine literally 80% of Australia is the shitty part of Arizona.
Anyway the US politically is a joke but Australia just follows the dance so it's much the same.
here is a fun fact. Australia has the same land area as mainland USA (+/- 1%) but with less population than Texas. So imagine the distance and distribution. Things are less urgent

Back