Media Forbes Ranks UFC Most "Valuable" Combat Sports Promotion - Almost Doubling WWE - 10x Boxing Promotions

2.5 billion is shit?

Boxing is too splintered for its own good. At least the money from Riyadh is getting us fights we likely would have never seen with Bivol/Biev and Fury/Usyk.

Sorry but no way in hell is One FC wort 1 billion.

I don't really understand how UFC could be ranked as more valuable than WWE?
There were news reports out a couple weeks ago valuing UFC at 12B and wwe at 9B, at the time of the merge to TKO.

what the fuck, NHL players make more than the NFL? and what the fuck is IPL lmao

As stated it's cricket. My buddy loves it and got to talking about it one day to me and said the money in that is like soccer. Was showing me what some of those guys bank. Fucking god damn insane.

sopranos-paulie-gualtieri.gif

Dana over Delahoya's semi-dead body...

To be fair Cricket is the national sport of many countries like India(2nd Biggest Country On Earth), Pakistan and other countries.

I'm more surprised NHL is bigger, i've traveled alot and not a single country i've been to has ever heard of it.

i thought it was just India. so IPL encompasses all the countries?

i don't really understand how Indian cricket is getting paid more than the NFL, MLB, and NHL
<Fedor23>

1 billion in India and 2 billion more in cricket worldwide audience

Only 300 million in the U.S. to watch NFL and MLB. Only 40 million in Canada to watch NHL.

1 billion in India and 2 billion more in cricket worldwide audience

Only 300 million in the U.S. to watch NFL and MLB. Only 40 million in Canada to watch NHL.

i didn't know India had money like that.

Boxing is too splintered for its own good. At least the money from Riyadh is getting us fights we likely would have never seen with Bivol/Biev and Fury/Usyk.

Too bad this Saudi sports program wasn't around when Wilder and Joshua at their highest and both undefeated

A bunch of randos saw this shit and asked themselves, "Wtf is ONE Championship??"

I can count on one penis the number of current top UFC fighters whom I've heard talk about unionizing. If they're not interested in making the sacrifices that the other major sport athletes made (strikes, etc.), then why should we care? Let 'em bang, bro!

I don't really understand how UFC could be ranked as more valuable than WWE?

Yeah the WWE is surely bringing in way more money. They're running upwards of 5 cards a week selling tens of thousands of tickets, have multiple shows doing bigger ratings than UFC shows, have their own streaming service thats much bigger than Fight Pass, and obviously their merch deals for toys, shirts etc are way more extensive than the UFCs.

Have you seen boxers begging for money tho? ...its a different game, MMA is a monopoly.
I have, and you see plenty of them if you ever go to a decent size boxing club.

Hell, for that matter, it is major plot point in movies, such as the first Rocky film.

Goddamn I didn't know UFC was at the same tier as fucking CFL.

U Fight Cheap average pay is also way below that of Aussie rules and rugby, which unlike the CFL split an even smaller country roughly in half. Basically they are competitions serving respective markets the size of Illinois.

75k minimum salary for players USD, nearly 300k average. 75k minimum is roughly the MEDIAN annual payment for U Fight Cheap fighters.

They also have artificially supressed wages due to strict salary caps, and in Aussie Rules the players get 30% of revenue, so they still get fucked hard compared to major US sports.

And yet they still manage to pay people on average more than U Fight Cheap does which is supposed to be about 'World Fucking Domination' and 'bigger than Soccer'.

I like OneFC and have enjoyed watching some of their cards.

But I think they are full of shit with the financial numbers they claim.

Just my opinion. No source or research.

It just doesn't feel like a profitable show. They never seem to have big crowds and from what I have seen, b league orgs make peanuts for ticket sales And seem to be giving away tickets a lot of the time. I have a friend who gambles a lot and has told me he has been offered comped Bellator tickets or comped/discounted/2for1 etc MMA and BK tickets.

I can't imagine they are making THAT much from Amazon Prime. I don't think anyone is buying Prime for OneFC.

Where does the money come from?

PFL : no way that company is not LOSING money.

I wouldn't be surprised if i found out it is functioning as a money laundering front for some cartel or something.
It's a combination of

imagination-spongebob-squarepants.gif

and

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back