(Fox Business) UFC is booming

fighters_respect

prozac fighter fan
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Last year, the UFC wouldn't pay Francis Ngannou to fight Jon Jones. Or share advertising revenue with fighter's. Leading to fans missing out on a dream fight which was Pride level. Affecting HW rankings, legacies, and the landscape of MMA.

But - everything isn't all bad.:

"UFC also brought in a group of 23 celebrity investors in 2016, including actors, athletes and others. They reportedly earned a dividend worth hundreds of millions last year, including more than $3 million for White."

Source: https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/how-much-does-dana-white-earn

44DY.gif

Last year, the UFC wouldn't pay Francis Ngannou to fight Jon Jones. Or share advertising revenue with fighter's. Leading to fans missing out on a dream fight which was Pride level. Affecting HW rankings, legacies, and the landscape of MMA.

But - everything isn't all bad.:

"UFC also brought in a group of 23 celebrity investors in 2016, including actors, athletes and others. They reportedly earned a dividend worth hundreds of millions last year, including more than $3 million for White."

Source: https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/how-much-does-dana-white-earn

They offered to pay Francis well, he wanted more. UFC said no deal.

They offered to pay Francis well, he wanted more. UFC said no deal.
It was a principle for Ngannou on fighter health insurance for bottom fighters, while the UFC have huge dividends now. Ultimately the UFC have egg on their face as its just boosted the value of boxing, their biggest opponent. And watered down the brand quality if your HW champions like Randy Couture and now Ngannou all vacate the HW belt without getting the fights V Fedor or Jones.

OMG celebrity investors made money. Jubilant celebrations are breaking out in the street.

You hear that UFC fighter guy living in their car? You have no economic security fighting other humans for a living but you helped solidify a celebritys economic portfolio!!!

Hoooooly fam das BANDZ my guy di mandem got theirs good fid dem fam fi real 💯🤑💵

UFC ting sound bless hopefully soon Chandler ain't gotta hustle fi slaps no more get his 💰 bro ain't work in a few years just doin side gigs 🚫🤼‍♀️ I watched his commercial like 50 tayum fam swear down u can tell by him eyez he ain't a slap head had mans fooled bro 🦁 i rate the hustle tho I guess

Back