Law France becomes the only country in the world with Constitutionally Guaranteed Abortion. UK considering relaxing Abortion Laws.

The baby’s body has its own DNA separate from the mother, it’s own heartbeat, it’s own brain, spinal cord, arms, legs, fingers, toes … the baby is a young human life.

the "baby" physically cannot survive without being attached to the mother
it needs the mother and All of Her bodily functions to survive, so therefore, it Is a Part of the mother, not its own thing.
Abortion up to birth. it is the mother’s right to choose whether or not to carry the infant to third trimester and give birth to it is or at least certainly should be the mother’s decision alone, certainly not yours or the right wing nazis.

it needs the mother and All of Her bodily functions to survive, so therefore, it Is a Part of the mother, not its own thing.
Abortion up to birth. it is the mother’s right to choose whether or not to carry the infant to third trimester and give birth to it is or at least certainly should be the mother’s decision alone, certainly not yours or the right wing nazis.

It is immoral to murder babies.

In a civilized society, if you commit immoral acts, you get punished.

It is immoral to murder babies.

In a civilized society, if you commit immoral acts, you get punished.

A pro-Putin maga nazi is lecturing me about morals huh

France is kinda odd. Guaranteed abortion at any time, paternity tests are illegal, collecting demographic data is illegal. It all comes across as very absolutist. All the while more and more of the people are conservative Muslims.

France is kinda odd. Guaranteed abortion at any time, paternity tests are illegal, collecting demographic data is illegal. It all comes across as very absolutist. All the while more and more of the people are conservative Muslims.

Source? Many of you keep saying this but I don't seen anything that implies it's true.

People are confusing what this actually is. What's in place hasn't changed. The constitution has been amended so that the right to having an abortion can't be taken away.

That's not true if the woman is 8 or 9 months pregnant. The baby can easily survive without the mother's body at that point.

I'm going to comment just so I can remember to see the meltdowns going on in this thread when I wake up.
The same people who argue against abortion are the same people who would smoke a homeless dude trying to find shelter in their garage during a snowstorm lol.

Abortion always seemed to me to be a weird byprpduct of a a sick system. Especially after briefly reading the old Planned Parenthood, and new age eugenics arguments. Its also odd how big of a domestic issue it is, I never knew how common getting abortions was.

Abortion always seemed to me to be a weird byprpduct of a a sick system. Especially after briefly reading the old Planned Parenthood, and new age eugenics arguments. Its also odd how big of a domestic issue it is, I never knew how common getting abortions was.

There are abortions mentioned in the Bible. Aborting pregnancies has been something humans have done since humans realized it could be done.

Don't let the modern puritans fool you into thinking there was ever a time when this didn't happen. Just look up any article where experienced nurses took care of women who existed before abortion rights were made legal in any capacity, it was actually much worse in terms of how women did it, and how men who didn't want kids or want any more kids did it to women.

That's not true if the woman is 8 or 9 months pregnant. The baby can easily survive without the mother's body at that point.

So 8 months is the limit, im ok with it.

• Eek
Reactions: N13
Out of curiosity, where are people getting the information that the amendment allows for an abortion at any time up to birth rather than within 14 weeks?

I don't see anything that suggests the abortion time window has changed.

This was my first question. If it actually changes nothing then it's more about making sure nothing changes then anything.

If it's written so that any restrictions can be challenged and over turned it's fucked up as hell.

• Love
Reactions: N13
There are abortions mentioned in the Bible. Aborting pregnancies has been something humans have done since humans realized it could be done.

Don't let the modern puritans fool you into thinking there was ever a time when this didn't happen. Just look up any article where experienced nurses took care of women who existed before abortion rights were made legal in any capacity, it was actually much worse in terms of how women did it, and how men who didn't want kids or want any more kids did it to women.
I wont dispute that. However theres now a massive industry for it. Obviously abortions pre date planned parenthood, but I cant overlook the inception of that institution and Sangers stated intentions. Even if abortions wouldve happened without her. I also think in general a healthy system wouldnt want extremely high rates of abortion, but rather have it a a necessary thing for emergencies. The need for them It seems like an externality of the system rather than an industry organically forming from natural desires. Im not sure if anyone has them for fun or for the experience.

So 8 months is the limit, im ok with it.
What is being propose in the UK is that women would be able to get abortion medication from a doctor at any point during the pregnancy to terminate the baby. The woman and the doctor would both be free from prosecution.

There would be no limit. A woman could be overdue and still no one would be prosecuted.

This was my first question. If it actually changes nothing then it's more about making sure nothing changes then anything.

If it's written so that any restrictions can be challenged and over turned it's fucked up as hell.

Everything I've read indicates nothing has actually changed other than constitution being amended to give a woman the right to have one. The term for abortion is 14 weeks. Yes, it appears to ensure nothing changes and is a bit of a reaction to what happened in the US.

Back