News Francis Ngannou/Dillian Whyte Virtual Press Conference Sat 30th

Whyte any good?

Yes. He's been #1 contender to WBC belt (the one Wilder held) for like 2 years. He's a top 5 guy imo (pretty sure hes ranked that high as is but no worse than a top 7]

He's ranked that high because he's smashing people out in seconds.

When he starts losing in the cage, then he will start losing ranking.

Name 5 HWs better than him ?

I won't hold my breath.
The thing is, Francis is not the most skilled guy at HW. He's not in the top 10 of most skilled guys at HW.

But ultimately that doesn't matter, because it's a fight, not a skill competition. And Francis is damn good at one thing: throwing massive power until it lands, then the fight is over.

Blaydes is probably the best example. Curtis has a rounded out game and is a highly skilled guy. But he's been beaten twice by Ngannou.

At HW, skill can often take a backseat to power. And nobody has more power in their hands than Ngannou does.

His windmilling and ugly hooks aren't pretty to watch, but how the fuck does somebody avoid that power? Especially now that Ngannou has found his rhythm and is head hunting from the first second of the fight

I don't think a fight like this gets made unless it is a sure thing it will be fucking gigantic like Floyd-Conor

If Ngannou keep starching whoever they put in front of him including the champ than they could possibly make a boxing fight with him and Fury or Wilder if he gets it done somehow

Ridiculous how Whyte hasn't been given a title shot yet.
Think he could do well in MMA given his fight experience.

Ridiculous how Whyte hasn't been given a title shot yet.
Think he could do well in MMA given his fight experience.

Yeah to be fair hes been ranked #1 with the WBC for over two years!!!
I absolutely love boxing but man the politics really pisses me off.

If the first of the two rounds in boxing only, Ngannou will be blowing out of his arse by the second round.

Interested to see if Whyte would pass a test, given that they're all on the gear in boxing.

Ngannou's contract with UFC is probably over.

White has a solid following in the UK.
If UFC took it to London, you'd need a full stadium.

If they actually wanted to go through with ZUFFA Boxing it would be an intriguing fight — maybe a co-headliner to Tyson’s comeback exhibition bout.

Francis vs Beast or Volkov next. Boxers have no martial ability Francis would Kimura lock this man in seconds.

Back