Media Francis Ngannou has made $30 million from two boxing matches. He only made $3.5 million from 14 UFC fights in 7 years!

But he got badly exposed in that AJ fight. It re-affirmed that boxing requires special long term focus to master.
He got exposed only to people who don't know shit. Since the first fight went in just the opposite direction against the champ, it is not any kind of re-affirmation. Frank needs to improve his skills to box at that level (which we all knew before this fight), but he fought the champ and a top contender and got close with a knockdown and a split decision many thought he won against the champ. He did great considering his first boxing matches were against the best, a standard literally no one else has ever had to live up to.

You can't repeatedly turn down higher pay from the UFC then come around and complain about low UFC pay. Sure Francis wouldn't have gotten 30 million in 2 UFC fights, but he sure as hell would have made a lot more than 3.5 million if he didn't repeatedly refuse higher pay on purpose. This is a completely pointless comparison.

He turned them down rightfully...

Francis Ngannou: 'UFC Offered me $1.50 per $80 PPV!'

Hey, please check what everyone on both cards made, top to bottom them comeback with dumb comparatives...Ngannou left money on the table intentionally, it paid off but at times looked like Fury fight was just a dream that got away.

You can't repeatedly turn down higher pay from the UFC then come around and complain about low UFC pay. Sure Francis wouldn't have gotten 30 million in 2 UFC fights, but he sure as hell would have made a lot more than 3.5 million if he didn't repeatedly refuse higher pay on purpose. This is a completely pointless comparison.
/Thread, but they love to compare this "career earnings" to once in a lifetime payday earnings, they think Fury must had made 20 million a fight when he was an up and comer

He got exposed only to people who don't know shit. Since the first fight went in just the opposite direction against the champ, it is not any kind of re-affirmation. Frank needs to improve his skills to box at that level (which we all knew before this fight), but he fought the champ and a top contender and got close with a knockdown and a split decision many thought he won against the champ. He did great considering his first boxing matches were against the best, a standard literally no one else has ever had to live up to.
Not really I would have expected a few rounds if he had even a reasonable amount of hard sparring with real heavyweights. Doesn't even look like he spars boxing seriously when you watch the way he fights - no ability to change distance or cover when he's hurt. I see the youtubes of him taking lessons from Tyson but that's it.

From fumbling the BAG of money to juggling the BAGS of money all way to the god damn vault .

WAKANDA BITCHES!

I actually don't give a shit either way since my life doesn't change if Francis gets $50 or $50 million, just pointing out that the headline numbers in boxing can be misleading. It's also misleading to compare the entirety of a UFC career that included non-title fights with a pair of blockbuster PPV's.

But they included title fight in the UFC where boxing didn't have title fight... he had big fights Vs Stipe & Gane, so let's not pretend his UFC fights were midtier level fights... + the reported numbers for his fight Vs Fury were low. But besides the point and your goal post moving you're making it sounds like he's going to (with no evidence) owned in manager fees where it might not have been worth the extra pay.. lol i really don't know what you're trying to say, i think you're just trying to spew negativity

Like how James Toney came to defend the honor of boxing in the octagon right? Love boxing but these pugilists will never take the chance in the octagon at the height of their careers. Its always a one-way street.
James toney owed 500k to the irs and couldn't get licensed to box because he was brain damaged.

Several boxers have fought in MMA though with mixed results.I assume UFC going by their track record are the ones that don't want it. They aren't small time anymore. 40+ year old blown up middleweight with brain damage is as far as they will take it. Are you sure Sean Strickland or DDP beats an elite same size hard punching pro boxer? I don't think they are either.

He turned them down rightfully...

Francis Ngannou: 'UFC Offered me $1.50 per $80 PPV!'

Yes he was getting massively screwed by the UFC either way, but it doesn't change the fact that the 3.5 million number is basically meaningless because he did in fact turn down significantly more money in order to get out of their contract.

Francis sacrificed $$$ to make a stand against the UFC, good on him. But you can't then turn around and talk about how little UFC paid him.

No way he gets a wilder fight right ...?

James toney owed 500k to the irs and couldn't get licensed to box because he was brain damaged.

Several boxers have fought in MMA though with mixed results.I assume UFC going by their track record are the ones that don't want it. They aren't small time anymore. 40+ year old blown up middleweight with brain damage is as far as they will take it. Are you sure Sean Strickland or DDP beats an elite same size hard punching pro boxer? I don't think they are either.
Hmmm... what? Lol

Hmmm... what? Lol

Alot of boxers have fought in MMA?

When they wanted to build credibility they set up squash matches?

They are big enough now that they don't want to take the risk. Although it wouldn't make sense to anyways.

Yeah but to be fair fam...

You could look at my wage of my last job vs. one of my first jobs just years earlier and do the same kind of thing lmao. That's not really a slight on the UFC.

From my 'beginning' wage vs. my wage just 3 years later you could literally be like 'HE EARNED 300% MORE' etc.

Alot of boxers have fought in MMA?

When they wanted to build credibility they set up squash matches?

They are big enough now that they don't want to take the risk. Although it wouldn't make sense to anyways.
Yes and vice versa with mma. We are talking about the top of the heap in both sports. Its always a mma fighter with the gumption to test themselves in boxing. When am I gonna see the top stars (bud,canelo,fury,wilder,usyk,joshua etc...) say screw it let's go see if we got it over there? I'm talking about that

That's base pay. He made much more than that overall.

Try 8 million + PPV points. And if he won against Jones, he could easily get another pay bump. That's not even taking into account all the millions he missed out prior to the Jones fight because of this contract disputes. The difference really isn't as big as you think, and he would have secured an actual legacy in MMA even among the casuals. His legacy among the casuals now is a meme of him getting KTFO, since the UFC own the rights of most of his highlights and you know they'll bury that shit 10 feet underground.

Also, it's laughable how brainwashed people like you are by your UFC and Dana hate that you take any dissenting opinion as shilling for UFC. I couldn't care less if UFC goes broke and Dana gets thrown in jail tomorrow. Can you say the same about Francis? I don't think so. One of us has someone's dick in their mouth, and it sure ain't me.
If your really going to suggest that he would have made more fighting in the UFC, I have a bridge to sell you.

No one agrees with you. Go back on vacation.

He essentially played MMA and used it as a springboard to pimp out MMA and his legacy for a couple of boxing handouts.

He has now made MMA the punchline of every meme this week… congrats Frankie

GIMT8dTXkAA-t-r.jpg:large
hands down the fucking dumbest take in the thread

dude is set for life off of 2 fights, the only losers here are still fighting in the UFC for peanuts

If your really going to suggest that he would have made more fighting in the UFC, I have a bridge to sell you.

No one agrees with you. Go back on vacation.
If you really think I'm suggesting he would have made more fighting in the UFC than in boxing, then you need to see an optometrist ASAP.

I'm saying he would have gotten paid a hell of a lot more than 3.5 million or 600k a fight in the UFC had he not repeatedly turned down higher pay from them. You don't get to make a stand against the UFC by refusing $$$ from them, then turn around and cry about them not paying you $$$. That's comically absurd.

Retire. Cut ties with the entourage before he blows all his money. And disappear. Live a modest and low key life. And invest some of that money into a modest, low key and stable business for his and his family's future.

That is what he should do now. Anybody telling him otherwise is pigheaded at best...malicious at worst

I mean... if you're still making millions from fights you'd advise him not to fight?

Yes and vice versa with mma. We are talking about the top of the heap in both sports. Its always a mma fighter with the gumption to test themselves in boxing. When am I gonna see the top stars (bud,canelo,fury,wilder,usyk,joshua etc...) say screw it let's go see if we got it over there? I'm talking about that
The money fights are in boxing

Wilder and Fury both tried to get Ngannou and said they'd be willing to fight in UFC, same with Bud Crawford saying he'd fight whoever but not for small money.

I think plenty of boxers would but UFC doesn't operate like boxing. Letting some big name boxer come in and fight strickland or adesanya when they were champions has so little upside and potential huge downside.

And I don't think MMA guys wanna test themselves they just want a payday.

Adesanya, Anderson Silva, Derrick Lewis, Tuivasa, Mike Perry, Chris Lytle, etc all did professional boxing before or during their MMA careers and were all mediocre.

Omalley wants gervonta davis, but likely would get creamed by any top 50 I'm his weight class.

Back