Francis Ngannou vs. Tyson Fury - Who won?

Who won?

• Total voters
Huh? Ngannou had been planning to fight Fury since 2019. He asked Mike Tyson to be his trainer and he agreed back then. So, no, he didn't just pick an available boxer. Same thing with Conor picking Floyd. He was talking about fighting Floyd for 2 years prior. Only Floyd was retired from boxing.

In both cases they chose the best available option. Your argument is really weak and bad, once again.

Why would Ngannou want to fight someone else than one of the so-called best HW ever ? As for Conor, there was no name more prestigious than Floyd in his weight class. They didn't cherry picked their opponent, they simply chose the best possible option. Not to mention that outside of Floyd and Fury with their eccentric personality, no boxer would have probably wanted to fight them. Maybe for Conor at best but clearly not for Ngannou.

Also, the biased referee missed a knockdown just like he missed the obvious elbow (timestamped) :

Exactly the same grabbing tatic than here (timestamped) :

It's obvious that Fury took 2 punches before grabbing Ngannou's legs.

He did exactly the same thing against Wilder, it was a legit knockdown missed by the biased referee.

In both cases they chose the best available option. Your argument is really weak and bad, once again.

Why would Ngannou want to fight someone else than one of the so-called best HW ever ? As for Conor, there was no name more prestigious than Floyd in his weight class. They didn't cherry picked their opponent, they simply chose the best possible option. Not to mention that outside of Floyd and Fury with their eccentric personality, no boxer would have probably wanted to fight them. Maybe for Conor at best but clearly not for Ngannou.

Also, the biased referee missed a knockdown just like he missed the obvious elbow (timestamped) :

Exactly the same grabbing tatic than here (timestamped) :

It's obvious that Fury took 2 punches before grabbing Ngannou's legs.

He did exactly the same thing against Wilder, it was a legit knockdown missed by the biased referee.

A retired fighter isn't the best available option. Retired is the opposite of active and Floyd only made himself available to fight McGregor because of the money. McGregor pursued him. As for Ngannou he decided that he'd pursue Fury in 2019. Those are his words btw. Fury wasn't the cash cow of the division back then. Joshua was and continued to be up until Usyk beat him twice and took all 3 of his belts.

A retired fighter isn't the best available option. Retired is the opposite of active and Floyd only made himself available to fight McGregor because of the money. McGregor pursued him. As for Ngannou he decided that he'd pursue Fury in 2019. Those are his words btw. Fury wasn't the cash cow of the division back then. Joshua was and continued to be up until Usyk beat him twice and took all 3 of his belts.

Floyd had both the prestige and money value. Fury had the prestige value. In both case Ngannou and Conor made the best possible available choice.

Your example about Joshua is completely irrelevant, he didn't want to fight Ngannou anyway : https://www.mmamania.com/2023/5/18/...ns-down-gimmick-fight-against-francis-ngannou

Once again, your cherry picking argument is completely lame. Also, can you provide your source about 2019 ?

Floyd had both the prestige and money value. Fury had the prestige value. In both case Ngannou and Conor made the best possible available choice.

Your example about Joshua is completely irrelevant, he didn't want to fight Ngannou anyway : https://www.mmamania.com/2023/5/18/...ns-down-gimmick-fight-against-francis-ngannou

Once again, your cherry picking argument is completely lame. Also, can you provide your source about 2019 ?
If you say so. No, it isn't completely irrelevant it's just that you have no concept of time. Ngannou settled on Fury in 2019. Back then Joshua was the cash cow of the division and was the unified champ. Fury had just come out of retirement and lost a shit ton of weight after being on drugs to fight Wilder for the first time. The latter (Fury) is who Ngannou decided he wanted to fight. He would've fought him a lot sooner only he was under contract with the UFC and they wouldn't allow it. We all know the rest of the story. Google for his words on the matter. Ngannou asked Mike back then to train him for a future fight with Fury. He's on video saying it.

@Yellowcrab Since you weren't aware here's a direct quote from Francis Ngannou leading up to the fight.

“Four years ago, I met Mike Tyson for the very first time, and for many of you who know me, you know that for me, Mike Tyson is the best to have ever done this,” Ngannou shared with the media. “In our conversation, one thing I precisely requested from Mike Tyson was that whenever I fight Tyson Fury, would he be in my corner?”
Ngannou asked Mike Tyson to corner him against Tyson Fury a staggering FOUR years ago

If you say so. No, it isn't completely irrelevant it's just that you have no concept of time. Ngannou settled on Fury in 2019. Back then Joshua was the cash cow of the division and was the unified champ. Fury had just come out of retirement and lost a shit ton of weight after being on drugs to fight Wilder for the first time. The latter (Fury) is who Ngannou decided he wanted to fight. He would've fought him a lot sooner only he was under contract with the UFC and they wouldn't allow it. We all know the rest of the story. Google for his words on the matter. Ngannou asked Mike back then to train him for a future fight with Fury. He's on video saying it.

It's likely when Fury beat Wilder in their second fight that Ngannou wanted to fight fim : we're almost at the end of this year.

And once again, no top ranked boxer wanted to fight Ngannou. He made the best possible available choice. Also : https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/31/francis-ngannou-boxing-tyson-fury-deontay-wilder/

Hence why your claim has no value for both Ngannou and Conor.

It's likely when Fury beat Wilder in their second fight that Ngannou wanted to fight fim : we're almost at the end of this year.

And once again, no top ranked boxer wanted to fight Ngannou. He made the best possible available choice. Also : https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/31/francis-ngannou-boxing-tyson-fury-deontay-wilder/

Hence why your claim has no value for both Ngannou and Conor.
Are you mathematically challenged? Four years ago would be in 2019 which is after the 1st Wilder fight. Fury didn't fight him for the second time until 2020. Face it you were wrong. Just admit it.

Are you mathematically challenged? Four years ago would be in 2019 which is after the 1st Wilder fight. Fury didn't fight him for the second time until 2020. Face it you were wrong. Just admit it.

I thought you were a bit more rational than the average but i was wrong : so early 2020 to the end of 2023 is such a massive difference ? Your arguments were nonsense, you're actually the one having to admit something.

Once again, all the links i posted proved you wrong : Joshua never wanted to fight Ngannou. He doesn't even want to fight him now, even after Ngannou beat Fury, so obviously Ngannou had no chance when he was a complete nobody in boxing. Ngannou also wanted to fight Wilder and even tried to hype the fight, but it didn't work : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RpDcT-CP9oM

The above footage was well before his fight against Fury. Ngannou never avoided a hard puncher and Conor simply took the best available opponent for the best possible show (prestige + money).

I thought you were a bit more rational than the average but i was wrong : so early 2020 to the end of 2023 is such a massive difference ? Your arguments were nonsense, you're actually the one having to admit something.

Once again, all the links i posted proved you wrong : Joshua never wanted to fight Ngannou. He doesn't even want to fight him now, even after Ngannou beat Fury, so obviously Ngannou had no chance when he was a complete nobody in boxing. Ngannou also wanted to fight Wilder and even tried to hype the fight, but it didn't work : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RpDcT-CP9oM

The above footage was well before his fight against Fury. Ngannou never avoided a hard puncher and Conor simply took the best available opponent for the best possible show (prestige + money).
From his own mouth Ngannou had already decided on Fury 4 years ago as his first fight. Anyone can say that they want to fight the others but if you recall he's been "in talks" with just about every top heavyweight. Joshua wants to get his titles back. I don't blame him if he doesn't want to fight Ngannou right now who is coming off a loss and 0-1 as a pro boxer. The only recent talk from him as it pertains to fighting Wilder was in an MMA mixed rules contest in the PFL and not in boxing. Wilder's team wants it in boxing. Let's see who Ngannou fights next. Don't be surprised if it's Parker or someone that isn't a big puncher especially after he shit the bed against Lewis.

Don't be surprised if it's Parker or someone that isn't a big puncher especially after he shit the bed against Lewis.

Once again, he wanted to fight Wilder so your argument is irrelevant.

Now that he has a name in boxing, his team could want to be more careful. But in my opinion, Ngannou will try to get the best of his boxing adventure now, so he'll want to fight the biggest names for money.

Once again, he wanted to fight Wilder so your argument is irrelevant.

Now that he has a name in boxing, his team could want to be more careful. But in my opinion, Ngannou will try to get the best of his boxing adventure now, so he'll want to fight the biggest names for money.
It doesn't work like that. So far he's been linked to Fury (who he just fought), AJ, Wilder, Parker, and Zhang. Yet we're supposed to believe that he's now simultaneously in talks with Wilder, Parker, and Zhang? Pick one. Hopefully it's Wilder or Zhang if AJ doesn't want to fight him yet. If Francis signs to fight any of those guys next then I'll be impressed. Wilder is the fight that the fans want to see but they don't want any MMA mixed rules nonsense. We want it inside the boxing ring.

It doesn't work like that. So far he's been linked to Fury (who he just fought), AJ, Wilder, Parker, and Zhang. Yet we're supposed to believe that he's now simultaneously in talks with Wilder, Parker, and Zhang? Pick one.

Once again, you just have to read : https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/31/francis-ngannou-boxing-tyson-fury-deontay-wilder/

My point was before his fight against Fury, so no he never tried to avoid hard punchers like you said.

Also, it's not mma fans vs boxing fans like you said in another thread : most people think Ngannou won the fight. If you go on Youtube or social media, it's simply obvious. And if Fury beats Usyk, it will be even worse for the boxing image. Some people are saying it will save Fury's legacy, but it will actually hurts boxing reputation, because Ngannou still embarassed Fury.

Once again, you just have to read : https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/31/francis-ngannou-boxing-tyson-fury-deontay-wilder/

My point was before his fight against Fury, so no he never tried to avoid hard punchers like you said.

Also, it's not mma fans vs boxing fans like you said in another thread : most people think Ngannou won the fight. If you go on Youtube or social media, it's simply obvious. And if Fury beats Usyk, it will be even worse for the boxing image. Some people are saying it will save Fury's legacy, but it will actually hurts boxing reputation, because Ngannou still embarassed Fury.
I admire your persistence but this is just getting sad.

Back