Social Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapses after getting hit by a container ship

i cant even find any news stations covering this i have to follow it on twitter. you'd think something this catastrophic that surely killed alot of people and has left people in need of rescuing would be covered all over the place but so far there's nothing.

i cant even find any news stations covering this i have to follow it on twitter. you'd think something this catastrophic that surely killed alot of people and has left people in need of rescuing would be covered all over the place but so far there's nothing.
Its midnight. Most american reporters are asleep

Kind of lucky it happened at the time it did in a way. If this had happened at rush hour it could have been much worse.

On the other hand, it's a lot harder to hit a bridge in the middle of the day in full sunlight, unless there's mechanical failure with the vessel itself.

Most boats collision with bridges tend to happen in poor visibility conditions, like in the middle of the night, or fog, or both.

It appears that the ship did experienced power problems before hitting the bridge:

Last edited:
Back