Freebie Alert Thread

Stop falling for this one, Strych, it's F2P.

Yes, the base game has been free for years on Steam.
But the DLC not, they gave some away for free over the years though.
What Is Crusader Kings 2? - A Brief Summary - YouTube

Beware of this game, it's truly addictive, my most played game on Steam more than 260 hours.
It's about managing your "house" or "bloodline", kinda like in Game Of Thrones, you play as a ruler, moment you die, you continue playing with your chosen heir (usually your eldest son).
So it's a grand strategy simulator. You can do whatever you want, but everybody in this game has an opinion about everyone and you have to try play the politics or war to monitor your family and make sure you keep the throne and expand your power. This seems boring, but it's very addictive to find ways to keep your house safe over the years and do whatever to keep the power and all your vassals and underlings in check.

TLDR: If you ever wondered what it feeled like ruling as a ruler in the middle ages, play this game. You can pick whatever country or province in europe (christian countries only in base game) and start going.
Just play it.

Last edited:
Stop falling for this one, Strych, it's F2P.

OIP.uU9IYMHXzu7J25ZwSeFocQHaEc

:(

Yes, the base game has been free for years on Steam.
But the DLC not, they gave some away for free over the years though.
What Is Crusader Kings 2? - A Brief Summary - YouTube

Beware of this game, it's truly addictive, my most played game on Steam more than 260 hours.
It's about managing your "house" or "bloodline", kinda like in Game Of Thrones, you play as a ruler, moment you die, you continue playing with your chosen heir (usually your eldest son).
So it's a grand strategy simulator. You can do whatever you want, but everybody in this game has an opinion about everyone and you have to try play the politics or war to monitor your family and make sure you keep the throne and expand your power. This seems boring, but it's very addictive to find ways to keep your house safe over the years and do whatever to keep the power and all your vassals and underlings in check.

TLDR: If you ever wondered what it feeled like ruling as a ruler in the middle ages, play this game. You can pick whatever country or province in europe (christian countries only in base game) and start going.
Just play it.
DLC giveaways for free base games are the ones to track in threads like this. There's free DLC giveaways all the time, but they're always for base games that cost money. So when there is a DLC giveaway for Crusader Kings II, plz post that. That's what we're really after.

Is the Epic Games store still giving away free games or is that a thing of the past now?

Is the Epic Games store still giving away free games or is that a thing of the past now?
Still every Thursday. But their PC gaming division has allegedly soaked up hundreds of millions in losses over the past five years trying to crack Steam's western PC gaming monopoly. The pullback in spending is inevitable. It's already been slowing down a bit. Going back to this April, 9 of their 31 giveaways have been repeats of past giveaways, another was a DLC (for The Sims), and none has been a major/AAA giveaway of a game that still typically sells for $40+.

At some point the free ride is going to end. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Still every Thursday. But their PC gaming division has allegedly soaked up hundreds of millions in losses over the past five years trying to crack Steam's western PC gaming monopoly. The pullback in spending is inevitable. It's already been slowing down a bit. Going back to this April, 9 of their 31 giveaways have been repeats of past giveaways, another was a DLC (for The Sims), and none has been a major/AAA giveaway of a game that still typically sells for $40+.

At some point the free ride is going to end. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Yup, vacuum up everything they're giving away because back in the day, you'd only get a one level or 30-minute timed demo during the CD-ROM days. Sorry if I post repeat freebies, but I just don't want anyone to miss out.

DLC giveaways for free base games are the ones to track in threads like this. There's free DLC giveaways all the time, but they're always for base games that cost money. So when there is a DLC giveaway for Crusader Kings II, plz post that. That's what we're really after.
I do this, but the last time they gave away a DLC away for free was 16 may 2020.

I have following DLC:
for free:
The old gods (viking/scandanavian tribes become playable)
Sons of abraham (jews become playable + extra economic/religious options)
Horse Lords (mongal and nomad tribes east europe become playable

payed for:
Way of life (the best DLC in the game, focus on RPG elements lots of extra options)
Holy Fury (more crusader options)

Going back to this April, 9 of their 31 giveaways have been repeats of past giveaways, .
A lot of stuff they give away, have been repeats of the past.
Something I noticed is that some games have been given away for free on GOG, Epic & Steam.
Metro is a prime example of this, I have like multiple versions of that one.<45>
Epic:
Metro 2033 redux
Metro last night redux
Steam:
Metro 2033
Metro last night complet edition.
Gog:
Metro last night redux

I finished Metro 2033 redux, it was pretty average imho.

Last edited:
A lot of stuff they give away, have been repeats of the past.
They've always done repeats, but never as frequently as in the past several months. 9 out of 31 giveaways is roughly 1/3rd of their giveaways over the past five months. That's approximately triple their past rate of repeats. I track this stuff.
Something I noticed is that some games have been given away for free on GOG, Epic & Steam.
Metro is a prime example of this, I have like multiple versions of that one.<45>
Epic:
Metro 2033 redux
Metro last night redux
Steam:
Metro 2033
Metro last night complet edition.
Gog:
Metro last night redux

I finished Metro 2033 redux, it was pretty average imho.
Yes, that's because I'm sure the developer/publisher decided to sell rights to the giveaway to certain stores, or made some other cheap, attractive deal. Control and Death Stranding were two other bestsellers that saw giveaways across multiple stores.

2 new free games available on EPIC:
Black Book:

th

Black Book” is a dark RPG Adventure, based on Slavic myths, in which you play as a young sorceress. Fight evil forces in card-based battles and explore the world, where humans live alongside mythological creatures.

Dodo Peak:
OIP.Hsy0MIIFtBcepwqwFojkDgHaEK

(a kids game I guess)
Dodo Peak is a throwback to the classic arcade platformers of the past with a modern twist. Play as a dodo bird to find and rescue your lost babies from a series of dangerous peaks.

Control and Death Stranding were two other bestsellers that saw giveaways across multiple stores.
yeah I have those also in my library, never played them though.
I have now 245 games on EPIC/GOG account, all free games except for 1 game I paid 2 euros for (a game from childhood and also to try it out).

From that big list of 245 free games I only finished:

The Long Dark
Virtua Verse
Metro 2023 redux
A Plague Tale: Innocence
(Almost finished then got bored)
Also played a lot with Verdun (kinda like Counter Strike but in 1914-18)

On a steam account have also multiple free games, but there are some I paid for.
In the beginning I collected every free game, last year I slowed down a lot.

yeah I have those also in my library, never played them though.
I have now 245 games on EPIC/GOG account, all free games except for 1 game I paid 2 euros for (a game from childhood and also to try it out).

From that big list of 245 free games I only finished:

The Long Dark
Virtua Verse
Metro 2023 redux
A Plague Tale: Innocence
(Almost finished then got bored)
Also played a lot with Verdun (kinda like Counter Strike but in 1914-18)

On a steam account have also multiple free games, but there are some I paid for.
In the beginning I collected every free game, last year I slowed down a lot.

I only paid for FF7R in Epic, Yakuza series and Total War 2 on steam. I hardly play anything and spend more time collecting them. TBH I feel like gaming is in a bit of an over saturated rut and I won't bother playing something unless it is extremely addictive or a true triple A. FFS since I learned to play chess nothing really tops it in terms of strategy and depth so it's no surprise mainstream loves a dumbed down market. Mobile gaming has literally started having to pay users to play their games.

I only paid for FF7R in Epic, Yakuza series and Total War 2 on steam. I hardly play anything and spend more time collecting them. TBH I feel like gaming is in a bit of an over saturated rut and I won't bother playing something unless it is extremely addictive or a true triple A. FFS since I learned to play chess nothing really tops it in terms of strategy and depth so it's no surprise mainstream loves a dumbed down market. Mobile gaming has literally started having to pay users to play their games.

I have a steam account since 2018: nutjob I am, I keep track of my expenses on a excell file.
I have spend, 272 euro on games... during 6 years (2018-2023)
Thats less than 50 euro a year!!!

I played games when I first bought PS2 and some when I had a PS3.
Then a few years... I stopped playing, didnt care anymore....
Untill my laptop broke down and I decide to buy a high level laptop. Then I also started a Steam account and paypall account. In 2019 started with Gog and EPIC.
The amount of money I spent on money during my PS2/PS3 day compared to last 5 years... you cannot compare.
I have way more games now and spent way less money.

September's Prime Gaming titles

https://primegaming.blog/prime-gami...olute-tactics-daughters-of-mercy-99ad7e2bef5f

prime-gaming-september-2023.jpg

7th September:
  • Football Manager 2023 (although please note this game will not be available in Brazil)

14th September:
  • Ozymandias: Bronze Age Empire Sim
  • Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy

21st September:
  • Dexter Stardust: Adventures in Outer Space
  • Shotgun King: The Final Checkmate

28th September:
  • Unsolved Case: Murderous Script Collector's Edition
  • Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator

Back