FX's FARGO Discussion Thread

Bumping this thread for Season 5 discussion.

Holay fuck I havent seen anything this good Since Season 1 or 3 of this show, which ranks up there with Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and Sopranos in my opinion.

Must watch television this season, I'm telling everyone don't sleep on this series!!

Holay fuck I havent seen anything this good Since Season 1 or 3 of this show, which ranks up there with Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and Sopranos in my opinion.

Must watch television this season, I'm telling everyone don't sleep on this series!!
I was wondering why I was getting likes for a 3+ year old post.

I heard this seasons really good, especially compared to the few lackluster ones recently. I'm waiting for it to finish before watching.

The series is fantastic however, i think this season has been a little weak. Which is a shame because they have a great cast.

this season has been very good and the pacing is much quicker than the previous two(still liked them but this a step in the right direction)

Not really that weak. Varga was really a great and memorable villain
main-qimg-58dfda6a61676d069ffc900a14f8855c.webp
I think S3 is amazing and better than S2.
On the other hand S4 should just be skipped. It's garbage.

I agree! It's exquisite, especially after the shitshow of season 4. Main cast is great, Hamm aswell, the Stranger Things guy is hillarious, the whole cast is spot on!
The writing is very very good aswell (please spare me your "woke" bullshit), shot selections, scope.

One of the few shows in later years that immediatly hooked me. Highly recommended!

I think S3 is amazing and better than S2.
On the other hand S4 should just be skipped. It's garbage.
I recently rewatched season 3 and Varga is phenomenal, the whole stussy plot is great, Ewan McGregor is splendid and the police woman aswell.

You can see Varga as there and not there at the same time, like some criminal Schrodingers cat. He's the creator of his reality, noone knows shit about him or if any of what he says is true but it's working. The police female on the other hand is powerless/ not there. Her boss doesnt believe her, soap dispensers etc don't react to her.

She looses that when suddenly the soap thingy is working in the bar and she confronts Varga again years later in the final scene. Very very well nuanced and clever character developement.

I recently rewatched season 3 and Varga is phenomenal, the whole stussy plot is great, Ewan McGregor is splendid and the police woman aswell.

You can see Varga as there and not there at the same time, like some criminal Schrodingers cat. He's the creator of his reality, noone knows shit about him or if any of what he says is true but it's working. The police female on the other hand is powerless/ not there. Her boss doesnt believe her, soap dispensers etc don't react to her.

She looses that when suddenly the soap thingy is working in the bar and she confronts Varga again years later in the final scene. Very very well nuanced and clever character developement.
Yes there is something philosophical about S3. Varga is a GOAT villain.

Agreed. It's seems unnecessary and out of place but these weasel writers can't help themselves. Still think it's a great season
I always sing that half-shitty song from INXS "I've got to let you know" when talking about TV or movies, but I sing "THEY'VE got to let you know." Because they've just got to, whether it's another "visionary" who thinks he's gonna change the world with his art or just some asswipe who wants to signal enough virtue so he can be invited to some Hollywood cocktail orgies.

There is left-wing political bias in EVERY fuckin TV show or movie. People will mock you for even mentioning it "Oh, EVERYTHING'S woke now, right?"

Well, yeah, everything IS woke.

This whole season is feministic to the point of nausea. I'm getting tired of women yelling at dickless men to "GET DOWN!!" when the bullets start flying. Heroic guys make me cringe enough, but the women make it tough to digest.

And season 5 of Fargo is a feminist's wet dream. 95% of all virtue in the show goes to female characters. They're kicking ass and taking names. The only competent men are psychopaths (and the black guy).

And i can't remember all of the TRUMP shit, but that doesn't mean I don't pick up on it. Every fuckin episode, they've gotta get their shit in. A lot of that subtle "we live in a post-truth world" kinda shit, but also some more obvious scenes like the psychotic, abusive rapist right-wing sheriff backhanding his submissive, compromised right-wing wife as she watches a Trump rally and exclaims "Oh, what they're doing to that poor man!"

Yeah, it wears you down.

But, there's no escaping it, so, at this point, I'm able to put all of that shit on the backburner and enjoy this great season of television.

Fargo has been woke since the movie buds
So it has been woke before woke was even a word?!

Also how are europeans and asians supposed to call that?! We don't have any "woke" over here. It's a strictly US thing, maybe Canada too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back