International Gabriel Attal appointed youngest/first openly gay French PM as Macron tries to revive popularity

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
"Emmanuel Macron has appointed France’s youngest prime minister in modern times, Gabriel Attal, as he seeks to reinvigorate a difficult second term as president and limit any possible gains for the far right in the forthcoming European elections in June.

Attal, 34, who was serving as education minister, has been referred to as a “baby Macron” in terms of his ambition, strong media presence and centrist politics, and is considered the best-known and most recognisable face of the close circle of young politicians around the president.

During his five months defending a hard line on authority and secularism as education minister – including banning girls in state schools from wearing abayas and experimenting with introducing school uniform – Attal had shot up the opinion polls as the most popular minister in government."

Attal is also the first openly gay prime minister of France and in a civil partnership with Stéphane Séjourné, a member of the European parliament for Macron’s Renaissance party.

The Guardian

Macron, according to many, is flailing, having alienated a broad spectrum of people, both left and right, leading to his party trailing National Rally and looking to gain ground anywhere. Attal doesn't have the baggage Macron has and is a smooth operator, even though his switch of allegiances seems a bit clunky.

Last edited:
We don’t want to be identified by our sexuality!!!

Also, can you please make sure everyone knows I’m gay!!!

Appointed Young Global Leader for the 2020 class and he was one of the 128 attendees of Bilderberg 2023. Yawn, predictable. They get installed to these positions because they're controllable, not the other way around nor through an organic process. Just like Macron became a YGL in 2016 and was promptly helped to his win in 2017 through the astroturf party En Marche newly-created for him. They're probably hoping you get distracted by his sexuality instead of looking at his actions.

Has there been any other openly gay world leaders?

also with age and inexperience makes one wonder why did macron chose him?

I assumed all of France was gay. Macron has been pretending that his mother is his wife for years.

That may be true, as many people have speculated on his sexuality, but I tend to think it's a real relationship. I mean, he started dating her at age 15, while she was 39, making it all a bit weird. I don't think he was formulating his political plan at that age.

Has there been any other openly gay world leaders?

also with age and inexperience makes one wonder why did macron chose him?

Leo Varadkar (Ireland)

I guess telling this guy to to stick his policies up his ass wouldn’t be deemed an insult

Back