Game of Thrones S08E05 Discussion Thread: CleganeBowl or we Riot (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Vote for Next Week's Thread Title

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down, Westeros! Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

giphy.gif

So a quality fix for the final episode would be

- everyone rallies together to kill Danny
- after much loss of life on both sides, Danny and her dragon dies. Jon survives but is worn down.
- And in the end after Jon takes the throne we learn that Sansa confesses was slowly poisoning Danny while she stayed at Winterfell with a substance that would make her slowly go mad hoping she would burn down kings landing and all the people there and give reason for Jon to betray her and take the throne as she had wanted.

Danny does look sick.
View attachment 582405

So Sansa had manipulated all the players to play out as she wanted this whole time, not caring about how much death and destruction she inflicted/loss of life at kings landing. The damage it did to Jon. All of it. As she learned to do from Wormtongue.

<Baelish01>

120645-Sansa-Stark-shall-we-go-gif-Im-yr5R-2.gif

Edit: After learning about this betrayal, Jon leaves the throne to Tyrion to go live up North with the Wildlings, and Arya kills Sansa.

Game of thrones.
With Tyrion on the throne Bronn will get Highgarden....I can get behind this.

but on his death bed he said he was wrong about wanting to kill Dany!! Good pic!!
We cant take seriously what a down and out near death King Rob is saying

POWERFUL STRONG ROBERT would have stamped the targaryans into dust,and shake his drinking horn at anyone who had anything to say about it.

People really love to get attached to cool theories, so I think people would have been mad no matter what happened. I'm fine with the mad queen ending, I kinda expected it, but it could been done better with more seasons. It's just so much of what happened was so unrealistic for the show and a few characters just seemed pointless like Jaime and the night King.

POWERFUL STRONG ROBERT would have stamped the targaryans into dust,and shake his drinking horn at anyone who had anything to say about it.
I just drank the King Robert Kool-Aid. I agree 100%

People really love to get attached to cool theories, so I think people would have been mad no matter what happened. I'm fine with the mad queen ending, I kinda expected it, but it could been done better with more seasons. It's just so much of what happened was so unrealistic for the show and a few characters just seemed pointless like Jaime and the night King.
This show has bashed my theories to death,and I am loving it.

The writers could have made season 7 and 8 10 episodes each and done much more. This ramming really hurt the game flow and story.

With Tyrion on the throne Bronn will get Highgarden....I can get behind this.
He's turned into to much of a pussy to rule anything. His only real use could be as an ally in Casterly rock,since no one else lives who can take the job.

The writers could have made season 7 and 8 10 episodes each and done much more. This ramming really hurt the game flow and story.
King Robert: GET ON WITH IT,IVE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR DAYS!

You know what? As much as I disliked the episode, Daenarys nukng the city was kind of cool.

Obv Cleganebowl delivered and we got to see Euron get fucked up.

Despite the lack of sense, I'll give this episode a 5/10.

i thought the episode was fucking boss. why people are crying about the writing i don't know - no duh it's not as good any more. they are past martin's books. stop crying about it already - nobody is going to be as good as martin with his story. i'd rather have it this way than wait fuckin 10 years for him to finish the fuckin books.

visually it's a stunning episode. yea, they didn't really develop the mad queen arc as well as it could have been, but it is what it is. she's queen of the ashes just as her prophetic vision showed her to be back in like season 2 from the warlock temple. i'm actually glad she didn't end up just being a boring vanilla hero at the end of all this.

the show deliberately now split fans into camps, and that's fuckin awesome. and i'm on team danaerys. fuck kings landing and all those dirtbag people. it's been called the biggest pile of shit city since season 1, and everyone hates it. had she taken the city, they never would've accepted her as queen and she would have had to deal with an unruly mob. the lords of westeros wouldn't fear her. she sacrificed her army / best friend / dragons to save these fuckin scumbucket people for zero gratitude. sansa plots against her after saving their worthless asses. and then she has that piece of shit cersei cheap shotting her at every corner even though she's been what she's always been - naive and over confident in military abilities. and i loved that cersei died in almost a child like shock and disbelief. i loved it, and cersei's acting was amazing in that emotional breakdown.

so danaerys didn't just win, she showed the world her real power - even with a faction of her army left and only 1/3 dragons. she's queen of the ashes now, and all hail the fuckin queen. god damn that episode was exhilarating.

i can only imagine what a tiny dick pissant you'd have to be to sit there and watch that episode with your arms crossed as though the show is made solely for you and whining "jesus can you believe this writing?" as all this amazing and horrific shit is happening in the episode. learn to enjoy shit rather than feel entitled that things should be the way you want or expect it to be. so arrogant and fuckin annoying.
She spent 40 mins burning King's Landing. They could've used 30 mins of it by sending her further deeper into insanity, betrayal after betrayal real or imagined before she snaps. That's my only gripe. That and Arya's "oh well, guess I have to stop killing the people who wronged my family after spending years repeating their names over and over before I sleep" Stark. Visuals were a treat. 8/10 would watch again.

King Robert: GET ON WITH IT,IVE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR DAYS!
Nice AV.

I hope the final season of Vikings is better than the last one.

The show hasn't been the same since...
Fimmel and Standen, well, you know.

You know, if they just wrote Bane in to fuck em all over this I'd go up top D&D and

or some LOTR crossover action

Like some golden can sends a raven and the oliphants arrive...too late for Cersei to see them,but they annihlate 50 to 75% of the remaining roster

maxresdefault.jpg

You know what? As much as I disliked the episode, Daenarys nukng the city was kind of cool.

Obv Cleganebowl delivered and we got to see Euron get fucked up.

Despite the lack of sense, I'll give this episode a 5/10.
PISS OFF

Dany nuking the city and Cleganebowl WAS THE WHOLE FUCKIN EPISODE

STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH

It would've explained alot of the time traveling if they made the last 3 seasons a full 30 episodes, but Dumb and Dumber probably didn't even have enough original material to add without GRRM to draw from.

That's why, they're scraping at the barrel.

There is literally no route she could have gone that would not have butt hurt some camp of fans.

True, but I would've thought the predictable "I'm the good Queen" route, would've been looked down upon more. Now you got people wishing they had done it...

Personally, I think a lot of this shit is just Night King nerd rage grief, and they're gonna bitch no matter what. You got people so mad, that they actually think this is on the same page as the "Dexter" downfall, which is just preposterous. In a few years time, this will be looked back upon as a series that came in like a lion, and was damn near perfect up until the producers ran out of source material, and struggled a bit with carrying on, but ultimately delivered an entertaining but flawed series from the halfway point.

True, but I would've thought the predictable "I'm the good Queen" route, would've been looked down upon more. Now you got people wishing they had done it...

Personally, I think a lot of this shit is just Night King nerd rage grief, and they're gonna bitch no matter what. You got people so mad, that they actually think this is on the same page as the "Dexter" downfall, which is just preposterous. In a few years time, this will be looked back upon as a series that came in like a lion, and was damn near perfect up until the producers ran out of source material, and struggled a bit with carrying on, but ultimately delivered an entertaining but flawed series from the halfway point.
<PlusJuan>

Bow before your king. Bow you shits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back