News Gegard Mousasi frustrated by 'radio silence' from PFL, feeling pressured to 'take a pay cut'

not surprised, some of those guys got good contracts at Bellator and now are old and losing and Mousasi is one of them. Either honor the deal or release him but to hold him only to not pay him is shitty.

I've heard One FC does the same thing but I had a question. When PFL bought Bellator does PFL have to honor the Bellator contracts, or because it is now under a different company are all of those Bellator contracts kind of void?

Additionally, people keep talking about Gegard not being a draw but who is the biggest draw now at PFL/Bellator? Kayla is gone and despite what Francis says I don't think he is ever fighting in a PFL cage.

Last edited:
I've heard One FC does the same thing but I had a question. When PFL bought Bellator does PFL have to honor the Bellator contracts, or because it is now under a different company are all of those Bellator contracts kind of void?

Additionally, people keep talking about Gegard now being a draw but who is the biggest draw now at PFL/Bellator? Kayla is gone and despite what Francis says I don't think he is ever fighting in a PFL cage.

AJ maybe? Not sure.

AJ maybe? Not sure.
For American audiences...........AJ like you said. For Europe, maybe Doumbe

PFL has never been able to build a well known guy from the ground up since people do not give a fuck about their tournaments

Additionally, people keep talking about Gegard not being a draw but who is the biggest draw now at PFL/Bellator? Kayla is gone and despite what Francis says I don't think he is ever fighting in a PFL cage.
People care about Mousasi much more then whatever bout PFL slaps a "#1 Contender Bout" on. PFL thinks combat sports fans care about random titles as if there are a bunch of boxers who are champs and no one cares about them

PFL has never been able to build a well known guy from the ground up since people do not give a fuck about their tournaments
Besides maybe Kayla, who was the last “star” that came out of the PFL? All I can think of are Gaethje and Moraes from their WSOF days.

When I first saw the partial thread title, I assumed he retired. He didn't look good at all in recent matches. He kept talking about retiring in Bellator.

When I first saw the partial thread title, I assumed he retired. He didn't look good at all in recent matches. He kept talking about retiring in Bellator.
He has said he just wants to finish his contract, obviously he doesn't want to leave money on the table

Doumbe is def the biggest outside US and in US its Francis and Cyborg.

giphy.gif

Gegard Mousasi's manager responds to PFL president Ray Sefo: 'They're not making a meaningful effort'​

Mousasi’s manager, Nima Safapour, told MMA Junkie they have been willing to work out terms for a return to action, but believe the promotion has put Mousasi on the backburner.

“Let me start off by saying I like Ray Sefo, and have always considered him a good friend. Sincerely,” Safapour told MMA Junkie. “With that being said, since when is offering fights outside a fighter’s weight category a real offer? Jon Jones spent one year bulking up to fight at HW. However, Gegard should assume that the only way he can get a fight is by going up a weight class on 6 weeks notice? A real offer is offering a fight to someone in their actual weight division.

“We asked for Ray Cooper and they told us he was not available. And then a few weeks later they booked Ray on the same event we asked to fight him on. So in reality, it feels that it’s not a priority and they’re not making a meaningful effort. And when fighters fall off of a card, the guys that we asked to fight (and were told were unavailable) get the call, but we don’t . And it’s not reasonable to marinate any fighter on the sidelines for a year and a half because they would not agree to an unfair weight handicap on short notice.”

Rest of Article

Gegard Mousasi's manager responds to PFL president Ray Sefo: 'They're not making a meaningful effort'​

Mousasi’s manager, Nima Safapour, told MMA Junkie they have been willing to work out terms for a return to action, but believe the promotion has put Mousasi on the backburner.

“Let me start off by saying I like Ray Sefo, and have always considered him a good friend. Sincerely,” Safapour told MMA Junkie. “With that being said, since when is offering fights outside a fighter’s weight category a real offer? Jon Jones spent one year bulking up to fight at HW. However, Gegard should assume that the only way he can get a fight is by going up a weight class on 6 weeks notice? A real offer is offering a fight to someone in their actual weight division.

“We asked for Ray Cooper and they told us he was not available. And then a few weeks later they booked Ray on the same event we asked to fight him on. So in reality, it feels that it’s not a priority and they’re not making a meaningful effort. And when fighters fall off of a card, the guys that we asked to fight (and were told were unavailable) get the call, but we don’t . And it’s not reasonable to marinate any fighter on the sidelines for a year and a half because they would not agree to an unfair weight handicap on short notice.”

Rest of Article

And that's where they can hold that contract over Mousasi. Technically they have offered him fights. Just because it is not in the timeframe you want or the weight class you want they can say legally they offered you fights and you turned them down.

PFL has been a crook show since their beginning … an “ilegal merger” that basically majority ownership from WSOF sold PFL without paying off the minority group … who till this day are in different legal battles … recently they settle with the WSOF Canada group… still they own $ to some original owners that had the international rights and became WSOF Global … who go into arbitration in the coming weeks here in Las Vegas … a complete shit show of a company that allowed Ali abdel aziz to manage fighters/be the matchmaker and ilegally bet on fights of their cards in Las Vegas while working with WSOF … and has continued controlling the majority of the roster and matchmaking backstage till this day

Seems like PFL spent all the money on Bellator and can't find the money to pay all their contracts frequently. I have no idea how PFL is going to make a profit between this and paying for those million dollar tournaments.

Back