Gen Z don't want blue collar work

He's not wrong though. Most tradies will start having serious problems with their body around age 40, and they'll often be forced to quit and change jobs prematurely. Meanwhile a white collar worker can keep working well into their 60s without issue. So you're looking at a gap of 20 years or so where the blue collar worker will be working their second career, not being paid as well as they could be because their previous job experience doesn't apply. If you have the brains for it, you're better off just going into the white collar work or entrepreneurial work straight from the beginning.

"Eat bitterness!" - Xi Jinping telling college graduates to go to the countryside and do real work

Xi Jinping wants his young people to eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

The young dude that had worked as an electrician for 3.5 years is more qualified than "Dr." Phil in giving his opinion about the job market.

The young lad seemed very vague when questioned about salary earnt vs hours worked as an electrician. It sounded similar to the women's wage gap rationalisation from women - ie. let's not go into detail / or data of proper hours per week comparisons. Old lawyer guy talking about working hard, long hours was right. Doesn't matter what you choose to do if you want to be good at something and get the financial rewards you have to work your arse off.

It being unfair does'nt become fair making everybody else pay for it, specially if done as political gimmick to buy votes
And even worse if done retroactively, who took that decision of "invest" knowing the price should take his own responsibility like anybody else that accept to go into huge debt
Think less about what's "fair" and more about what's best for the country.

This is why in those apocalyptic zombie movie like 95 percent of the cast is totally struggling and fucktarded till they stumble upon some blue collar dude totally crushing it on his own till he interacts with these people infecting him with their uselessness.

this looked to be a classic Sherdog angry boomer thread and it has mostly delivered.

the fact that the source video involves Dr. Phil is the chef's kiss

The young lad seemed very vague when questioned about salary earnt vs hours worked as an electrician. It sounded similar to the women's wage gap rationalisation from women - ie. let's not go into detail / or data of proper hours per week comparisons. Old lawyer guy talking about working hard, long hours was right. Doesn't matter what you choose to do if you want to be good at something and get the financial rewards you have to work your arse off.

Unless you go into politics, in which case you get a fuck-load of the taxpayer's hard-earned without having to produce anything of value. ;)

He's not wrong though. Most tradies will start having serious problems with their body around age 40, and they'll often be forced to quit and change jobs prematurely. Meanwhile a white collar worker can keep working well into their 60s without issue. So you're looking at a gap of 20 years or so where the blue collar worker will be working their second career, not being paid as well as they could be because their previous job experience doesn't apply. If you have the brains for it, you're better off just going into the white collar work or entrepreneurial work straight from the beginning.

I can personally attest to this. I'm 42 with 24 years as a frame to finish carpenter. There are days that everything hurts. Hard to imagine I'm only halfway through and even harder to see myself still doing it in 24 years when I'm 66. So like you say, I'll have to start all over in my mid 50's and take a lower paying job

Who cares? Blue collar work will just get higher wages and be more sought after.
Exactly what I thought too. The generational complaining is cyclical and lacking in awareness, I never take it very seriously

Gen Z is the current generation right? I would sort of disagree thinking back as College isn't really as much of a must for everyone like it was from what I have seen

Companies used to always want to hire young people and the older guys had a hard time getting hired. Now they don't want these young lazy entitled kids and go for the older people because they know they will actually fucking work.

I was about to graduate high school and was basically brought into an assembly with about 100 12th graders to get told over and over "work in the trades."...practically yelled at to do it, because there was such a shortage. "The Punks 5-10 years older than you are losers who don't want blue collar work."

That was 2005. Those lazy guys would be 45-50 now.

Repeat and Recycle.

When I went to University, I worked every summer with a drywaller. He hired 2-3 of us every time and all us got it. Just shut up and work and you'll be fine.

I think its just a select group of young men who don't want to do it. Maybe the ones with the most opportunities.

Back