General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

I have too little knowledge of those women to comment on that.
Fiorot is considered one of the hottest prospects in MMA, hence why she's such a big favorite. But her first two UFC opponents just didn't belong in the UFC, and I think the MMA world has an inflated sense of how good she is based on those performances. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fiorot gets bet to -400.

Marya Bueno Silva is a decent enough athlete with actual power in her shots, and a very good clinch game. The only weakness we've really seen out of her has been on the ground, and there's no reason to believe Fiorot will take it there.

Roxanne has only lost to elite girls at 125, and beat Andrea Lee last September who is still a top contender. Taila Santos got outwrestled in her debut against Borella, but dominated her last two opponents in Mccann (who doesn't belong in the UFC), and Gillian Robertson (who made a lot of strategic errors in the fight.)

No real comment on Aspinall/Pavlovich. I think Aspinall deserves to be favored but it's not easy to cap.

Fiorot is considered one of the hottest prospects in MMA, hence why she's such a big favorite. But her first two UFC opponents just didn't belong in the UFC, and I think the MMA world has an inflated sense of how good she is based on those performances. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fiorot gets bet to -400.

Marya Bueno Silva is a decent enough athlete with actual power in her shots, and a very good clinch game. The only weakness we've really seen out of her has been on the ground, and there's no reason to believe Fiorot will take it there.

Roxanne has only lost to elite girls at 125, and beat Andrea Lee last September who is still a top contender. Taila Santos got outwrestled in her debut against Borella, but dominated her last two opponents in Mccann (who doesn't belong in the UFC), and Gillian Robertson (who made a lot of strategic errors in the fight.)

No real comment on Aspinall/Pavlovich. I think Aspinall deserves to be favored but it's not easy to cap.
I mean I know about Fiorot,remeber that she went through the other gal in her last fight,but don't know that much in detail about her or Bueno Silva.Roxanne's got same age now,I bet her in her last fight as she was a huge dog but she lost easily,but WMMA definitely ain't my specialty so I doubt I'll tape or bet that,good luck to you anyway and thanks for analyze.
Yeah,those two heavies are hard to cap agree with that,it aint a huge bet,both guys are good prospects,just think the line should be more narrow.

Thoughts on some future lines:

Magomed Anakalaev is currently -300 over Oezdemir. That makes zero sense. Ankalaev should be at most -200 here.

How is Pimblett only -120 against Vendramini? I'm expecting Pimblett to end up -200 here.

Happily taking Roxanne at +265 against Santos.

Happily taking Marlon Moraes +170 against Merab.

Omar Morales should be a much bigger favorite than -170 against Jonathan Pearce.

Mayra Bueno Silva is currently +210 against Fiorot. I get the Fiorot hype, but my personal assessment of this fight is much closer to even. With this said, I would not be surprised if more money comes in on Fiorot, so I'm going to hold off betting Silva right now.

Should Nick Maximov really be favored over Roberson? +odds on Roberson feels like a play. Maximov is too unproven, and Roberson has been fighting very high level guys.

I really need to get back to hammering these early lines. I used to be a legend on this site from 2011-2013... and now it's as if nobody remembers... :(
Who are you?

<LikeReally5>

Taneisha Tennant was a steal at +145. She is the girl that fought Danyelle Wolf on the contender series and Versoza is the girl who fought Stoliorenko in that bloodbath. She made Stoliorenko look decent on the feet. Tennant is moving down to 135lb and should be the more well rounded fighter. Should pick her apart standing.

Magomed Anakalaev is currently -300 over Oezdemir. That makes zero sense. Ankalaev should be at most -200 here.

How is Pimblett only -120 against Vendramini? I'm expecting Pimblett to end up -200 here.

Omar Morales should be a much bigger favorite than -170 against Jonathan Pearce.

Mayra Bueno Silva is currently +210 against Fiorot. I get the Fiorot hype, but my personal assessment of this fight is much closer to even. With this said, I would not be surprised if more money comes in on Fiorot, so I'm going to hold off betting Silva right now.

Should Nick Maximov really be favored over Roberson? +odds on Roberson feels like a play. Maximov is too unproven, and Roberson has been fighting very high level guys.

I really need to get back to hammering these early lines. I used to be a legend on this site from 2011-2013... and now it's as if nobody remembers... :(
Vendramini's combination of power and BJJ might prove enough to foil Paddy's game. I mean, Paddy's most recent losses involved him ceding control in favour of submissions that never came, and he's only beaten mediocre opposition since the Bak fight. If Pimblett becomes a bigger fav then I'm definitely hitting Vendramini.

Maximov/Roberson is weird, wouldn't trust Karl against anybody with grappling tbh.

Whats the rationale for Marlon over Merab? Marlon looks shot and even tho Merab doesnt have the striking of the guys who beats him Marlon is gonna get pressured and Merab has one of the best gas tanks in MMA right now.

Just noticed Blaydes is -350 against Jairzinho....... there isnt a fighter more undeservedly loved by the bookies than Blaydes.

Was the favorite against Francis twice. -250 the rematch

some other lines

-550 against Shamil
-400 against Volkov
-420 against Lewis
-650 against Omeilanczuk

I mean Jesus Christ lmao. Is a family member in the betting market?

After watching a few matches I changed my mind,Pimblett is nothing special,the odds are corect.But agree on the Morales take against Pearce,he should take it

Whats the rationale for Marlon over Merab? Marlon looks shot and even tho Merab doesnt have the striking of the guys who beats him Marlon is gonna get pressured and Merab has one of the best gas tanks in MMA right now.
1. I don't buy that Marlon is shot. He's lost to extremely high level guys.
2. The guys Marlon has lost to fight nothing like Merab
3. Merab relies on takedowns to win fights. It's not obvious he can get Marlon down.

Maybe my faith in Marlon is misplaced, but I'm not convinced he's shot. He's lost to sharp strikers, which Merab isn't. Merab is going to throw wide hooks and look for takedowns. And if Marlon can land a couple of good leg kicks early, I think Marlon can control the fight.

Just noticed Blaydes is -350 against Jairzinho....... there isnt a fighter more undeservedly loved by the bookies than Blaydes.

Was the favorite against Francis twice. -250 the rematch

some other lines

-550 against Shamil
-400 against Volkov
-420 against Lewis
-650 against Omeilanczuk

I mean Jesus Christ lmao. Is a family member in the betting market?
Francis was an unknown when he fought Blaydes the 1st time.

The second time Francis was coming off a two fight losing streak to Stipe and Lewis. People thought Francis might be completely mentally broken.

If you want to talk about a guy who got a ton of undeserved love from the books/public: Justin Scoggins.

-285 ortiz (loss)
-250 moraga (loss)
-155 munhoz (loss)
-515 sasaki (loss)
-300 motoya (loss)

Iaquinta Bobby Green is happening. Have 0 clue how the lines will look for that one lol

1. I don't buy that Marlon is shot. He's lost to extremely high level guys.
2. The guys Marlon has lost to fight nothing like Merab
3. Merab relies on takedowns to win fights. It's not obvious he can get Marlon down.

Maybe my faith in Marlon is misplaced, but I'm not convinced he's shot. He's lost to sharp strikers, which Merab isn't. Merab is going to throw wide hooks and look for takedowns. And if Marlon can land a couple of good leg kicks early, I think Marlon can control the fight.

I don't trust Marlon's gas tank AT ALL in having to deal with Merab's nonstop aggression and pace with his grappling. Even if Marlon has some success with his TDD early, I can see it depleting him enough to where the TD's come easy starting sometime in rd 2 (obviously assuming Marlon doesn't get an early finish).

I will say that Merab can be borderline reckless with his striking, so absolutely the possibility is there that Marlon catches him with something big. But odds on this one are about right imo.

Iaquinta Bobby Green is happening. Have 0 clue how the lines will look for that one lol
Bobby as as small favorite... I'm betting on him.

Iaquinta made late Cerrone look good and then proceeded to get beaten by Hooker.

Placed a few bets on this week's KSW.
Romanowski should outpace and outgrind Rakas,who's wins were mostly against fighters with losing records.I took him at 1,61 but you can still get him at 1,55 at some bookies.
Soldic is a lock,Kincl is not on his level 1,30 ML and 1,66 ITD should easily go through.
Stošić should also go through Andryszak,he is low volume though,but has been running through this KSW heavies with power and Andryszak is keen on getting hit.I'm pretty confident in those three.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back