General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2019

Is there any way Black beast black beasts JDS?

Is there any way Black beast black beasts JDS?
As usual...fluke KO

tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gif

Tuivasa had JDS in trouble and Lewis is more dangerous than Tai. So it’s certainly possible and I am reticent to lay -2xx on JDS bc of it

Did he really have him that much trouble? Anyone who bull rushes forward will trouble him a little bit but JDS also is his best vs big plodding slow strikers like Tuivasa, Rothwell and BB.

uch not sure i can remember a fight i want to bet on less than this. MJ the giant flake vs emmet coming of one of the most horrendous ko's I've ever seen where he required multiple surgeries iirc.

Last edited:
uch not sure i can remember a fight i want to bet on less than this. MJ the giant flake vs emmet coming of one of the most horrendous ko's I've ever seen where he required multiple surgeries iirc.

Just bet the under.

Just bet the under.
Not sure thats a smart bet, MJ was only TKOd after gassing hard vs Gaethje and Emmett took a ridiculous amount of punishment vs Stephens.

Chances are we get a point fighting striking match with Emmett maybe attempting takedowns.

For anyone in jersey that can throw down large amounts Anthony Pettis is +450 on BetStars and Thompson is -420 on fan duel. You can bet both sides for guaranteed money.

Betonline must’ve really pissed off 5dimes cause dimes just released openers for the next month

I'm not sold on Max's TDD after Ortega and his awful wrestling got him down twice, the only decent wrestler Max really shutdown was Lamas and managed to avoid fighting Mendes and Edgar who were all always the top wrestlers at 145. Poirier is imo the most well rounded guy at 155 and frequently mixes his striking and TD's with great success. I feel his last 2 fights are going to mislead people on how good his offensive wrestling is given he faced the 2 best defensive wrestlers in the division Alvarez and Gaethje. Ortega has terrible top control too so Max could get up easily enough but if Poirier can secure position he'll have a huge BJJ advantage, therefore a repeat performance and submission win by Poirier is definitely an option.

Then on the feet Max has more volume and diversity but Poirier will have a power advantage and all the time Holloway stays orthodox he'll be able to control range and mitigate Holloways volume that he uses to overwhelm people. Also, Max doesn't have the big one punch power of guys like MJ, McGregor, Alvarez or even KZ that hurt Poirier on the feet before. Poiriers power could hurt Max on the feet too given he was stunned by both Aldo and Ortega in his recent outings and as we've seen so many times you can't just eat big shots (as Jan found out recently). Therefore a Poirier TKO wouldn't be too surprising for me as Poirier has matured so that he no longer rushes finishes and when he has an opponent he will methodically finish them leaving no chance for a recovery. As a result if he does stun or hurt Max he has a high chance of finishing.

Overwhelming Poirier on the feet is going to be harder than any of Max's prior opponents Gaethje came close but a lot of that came down to the destruction of Poiriers lead leg and Gaethje's amazing TDD which denied Poirier an option to take the pressure off.

Of course Max could do his usual tactic of technically marching down his opponents and slowly overwhelming them, but this could be a surprisingly good match up for Poirier with a lot of areas he could do well in.
Poirier is +225 on Dimes right now. Seems bonkers to me.

I was really hoping to get Duffy at better odds than 1.37/-270

Masvidal +850 to win by decision seems a bit off. Even though it's in the UK for some home cooking/dodgy cards that still seems high

Masvidal +850 to win by decision seems a bit off. Even though it's in the UK for some home cooking/dodgy cards that still seems high
Id say thats why its so high, if its even plausible to gift till a decision if it comes to that, hell get it

Gaethje as a dog to Barboza? Yes please.

Lewis vs Dos Santos – 09/03/2019.
Lewis vs Dos Santos is one more great fight of Ultimate Fighting Championship. It is the main event of UFC Fight Night 146. It’s the heavyweight bout which will take place in Wichita, Kansas. Both heavyweights will have a serious confrontation.
On the 9th of March, the event will mark the UFC‘s first visit to Kansas. In the main event of the evening former title challenger Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis (21-6, 1NC) will meet former UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos (20-5). This fight will take place at Intrust Bank Arena. Both fighters are very dangerous, have real knockout power. Lewis won 18 of his fights by a knockout. Dos Santos won 14 of his fights by knockout. So we think that you should expect fireworks.
Visit https://smashingtip.com/mma/ufc/ to read more about this and other upcoming UFC fights and grab your free SmashingTip!
Smashing tips?
<BC1>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back