General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - May, 2017

Well since Maia, possibly the best grappler in the ufc, did not come close to submitting Masvidal that's not too bad of a look for Chiesa

Not at all. That comment was in reference to Chiesa dropping Masvidal with a punch and initially trying to finish with strikes. I was trying to point out that I'm not impressed with Chiesa's striking and I don't take much away from him landing that shot on Mas. It happened during a bit of a wild exchange and I believe that Lee has the advantage standing in this fight.

I think Boetsch being nearly a +200 dog to Hendricks is insane. That fight is much closer than the odds suggest. Also love Kelly at +180, that guy is a money maker.
Hendricks has lost his nerve a bit and Boetsch is class A confident underdog fighter.

how many fights does hunt have left on his contract? seems a stupid move for him to come back so soon after such a bad KO, is he potentially just trying to get out of his contract as soon as he can?
Easy to see Hunt show up unmotivated and in mediocre shape. The odds seem pretty correct to me.

Last edited:
Unibet has odds on ACB: I took Tumenov in a parlay.

Attachments

• IMG_3518.PNG
    IMG_3518.PNG
    99.7 KB · Views: 12
got 2 units on parke +240
yes he opened +240 on some euro bookies
gamrot is pretty good but this is his biggest test thus far

@Wiktoruspro should have some insight on the local polish mma scene

Same here I had to lay some small coin on Norman Parke purely on competition level alone.

Gamrot seems to have fairly decent technique standing although his striking output isn't great. I watched a few fights earlier and there's no area where he's amazing but then neither is Norman.

Norman's losses however have been to decent ufc level comp whereas Gamrot seems to fight a lot of mediocre opponents. Will update shortly but his opponents seemed pretty weak upon first glance.

Same here I had to lay some small coin on Norman Parke purely on competition level alone.

Gamrot seems to have fairly decent technique standing although his striking output isn't great. I watched a few fights earlier and there's no area where he's amazing but then neither is Norman.

Norman's losses however have been to decent ufc level comp whereas Gamrot seems to fight a lot of mediocre opponents. Will update shortly but his opponents seemed pretty weak upon first glance.

I took him 1U at 2.10.

Gastelum Weidman is at evens now at Bet365, I don't really like binding up this far in advance but I really like Gast here.

They also got Jones DC at 1.40/3.00 but I'll play the over there and cher my guts out for DC.

I had an amazing week last week, sole winner in the $33 DK game, tied with 4 people in the $3 game, and had a bunch of other teams cash(Did a pyramid type play). Surprised out of those 2 big games($33 and the $3 one) only 5 people had my team out of 30,000+. The team stood out as the obvious choice when I made all my lineups. Edgar, Joanna, Knight, Maia, Miocic, Sherman

My tape study did me good. Knew Antigulov would be to strong, knew Barzola could grind his way to a win, Casey was to aggressive for the returning/past her prime Aguilar, knew Knight would be far to aggressive as well for Skelly. Had Poirer winning to, he should've won that. Glad he didn't tho I would've won 1k-2k less on draftkings. Ran out of time for the other fights, but luckily most of the fighters fell under the "bet these fighters until they lose or are fighting someone proven to be equally as good" camp(Joanna,Miocic,Maia,Edgar,).

Stayed away from Jotko(glad I did) and the Vick fight. Had Sherman on my DK team... my only reason was "He's fighting a guy on short notice that looks very out of shape". Luckily that worked out for me lol. Won $2k(+200 units) on betting as well. I'll stop tooting my own horn now, but it feels great to have an overall profit after being a full time loser for the past 2 years. Feel like I got a second chance, going to keep betting smart and build this new bankroll(of course keep a big chunk for myself). Big thanks to the great posters here(EZ Flyer, MMA Goodfella, all the great ones) this is the best place on the internet for betting discussion of any sport.

Bisping playing the injury card, saying he still wants to fight GSP, not Yoel.
What a fucking joke.

I think we stand at a point that we have some of the most embarrassing situation regarding title holders in the UFC. Conor will fight God knows when, Bisping is a little bitch, DJ not wanting to go against Dillashaw, the whole mess with the women featherweight title...and don't even let me get started on all those bullshit interim titles that we had in the last few years.

The way it looks to me, Bisping wants an big payday to go into retirement with. He has no interest in getting smashed up by Yoel Romero while there is still a chance that he can grab some cash.

tumenov's opponent has horrible striking but legit grappling. tumenov needs to work on his grappling big time, and it doesn't help that he's undersized at welterweight. tumenov is too juiced for me when his opponent has a clear path to victory.

tumenov's opponent has horrible striking but legit grappling. tumenov needs to work on his grappling big time, and it doesn't help that he's undersized at welterweight. tumenov is too juiced for me when his opponent has a clear path to victory.

Havent watched tape but his record is solid enough for me to steer clear.

Ah, so you're one of the bastards I had to split the prize with ;)

Kicking myself now for not entering the $33 lol

Haha I'm glad you didn't! Props on winning, nice to see someone else here won. 2k aint a bad night either.

bisping +300 please, i'll be on that shit, ride or die.

Missed Shorty Torres -185 by about 1 minute.

HAMMERED -245

Missed Shorty Torres -185 by about 1 minute.

HAMMERED -245

I can't believe shorty Torres opened -185. And I was stuck with a VR headset on and wasn't watching my phone.

I just dropped 5.4u at -270.

Back