Media Geoff Neal releases statement after last night's loss to Stephen Thompson at UFC Vegas 17

Geoff is a good guy. Hopefully he can bounce back like Luque, another good guy.

Ahhh yes, another fighter with a laundry list of "not excuses".

If he was disliked on Sherdog then everybody ITT would be singing a different tune.

If you really want to see what not making excuses looks like, check out Wonderboy after the pettis fight.

Geoff will be back. Dude is all class. Wonderboy was one of the worst matches he could've fought in the top 10 and he fought to a decision attempting to be the aggressor. That's normally a formula to get ko'd against WB. He's got the tools to be top 10 just had a bad fight against a game contender.

dont know how ppl are saying its a class act lol. a list of excuses with a smile is all i see.

I heard he doesn’t wash his hands after using the toilet and he chews with his mouth open. I also heard something about leaving toe nail clippings on the floor, but that wasn’t actually confirmed.

Some will probably say that he's making excuses but he's noté He's simply stating facts

Dude is all class. Great statement
Any other year I might say that but this is 2020, I think every fighter has some stuff like this going into the fight so its nice to hear it.

Bittersweet fight, was rooting for Wonderboy but sad to see a young finisher with momentum lose his win streak. What made it worse is that the headbutt clearly affected Neal more.

That loss was pretty devastating tbh. WB hasn't dominated anyone like that in a long ass time. Probably since Hendricks.

I'm a fan of both dudes... classiest righters on the roster.
It does sound a bit like sugar costed excuse from Neel but I don't think the result would've been any different if his damaged eye was better

What a warrior and an overall top guy. He deserves the best.

Reactions: HHJ
Mi coach had Covid and my foot was a balloon mate! - Conor McGregor

Couldnt see out my eye but still ended breaking the dudes spirits - Tony Ferguson

Ahhh yes, another fighter with a laundry list of "not excuses".

If he was disliked on Sherdog then everybody ITT would be singing a different tune.

If you really want to see what not making excuses looks like, check out Wonderboy after the pettis fight.
Imagine if someone like TJ Dillashaw said this exact same thing..... or O'Malley. 100% different responses.

If you aren't doing double-standards, you aren't sherdogging properly.

He mentioned he couldn't see out of his eye for 4 rounds of the fight. Also that 3 of his cornermen tested positive for COVID19. He said this was not an excuse and Wonderboy is just that good.

That fight sucked.

I dont need 5 round point sparring matched as headliners.

y'all waste way too much time watching soap opera/ social media nonsense to see if the guy is gonna play humble or play heel.

I'm here for the fights, cut out the bullshit please. Neal v Luque, book it Dana

Neal is a classy guy and deserves another crack at the top of the division

Back