Media George St Pierre & Kamaru Usman epic SHOWDOWN, Debates whose Welterweight p4p GOAT* P4P Kamaru Usman Henry Cejudo Podcast*

WokeWarrior

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

00:00 Intro
1:35 Welterweight Champs Meet
4:00 Ego & Life After UFC
9:30 Dealing with the Pressure of Competition
15:30 GSP & Kamaru Talk Pre-Fight Routines
24:00 GSP Faking Confidence
31:00 GSP’s Training Camp
34:50 GSP the Bouncer
43:00 GSP Analyzes Khabib
51:50 Kamaru Studying GSP
53:00 Outside The Cage
1:06:20 GSP's GOATs

1711629018037.png

Its pretty obviously whose his number 1
@Davidjacksonjones

1711630062427.png
then its

Royce gracie
and
Mighty Mouse

Last edited:
I have a lot of respect for Kamaru but I believe GSP has the better legacy at WW.

GSP cleaned out the entire division and defeated everyone he ever faced- avenged both losses in undisputable fashion.

Kamaru had a very impressive streak, but ultimately he defended the title 2x against Colby and 2x against Jorge.. still a super impressive run but not as impressive as GSP. GSP never actually lost the title after all of those defenses.

On another note, Dana White made a comment about Kamaru being WW GOAT and people immediately thought it was because Dana is salty about GSP winning the MW title and vacating immediately.

I think that's only partially true. GSP was instrumental in calling out imbalances in fighter pay in UFC. Dana would be much more upset about THAT.

Usman needs to win the MW strap to be on St Pierre's level

GSP by miles it's not even a debate. Finishing Hughes twice is way bigger than beating Woodley by decision once, 2 time champ at WW > 1 time champ at WW, 9 title defenses > 5 title defenses, GSP has more career victories and both finished twice.

On another note, Dana White made a comment about Kamaru being WW GOAT and people immediately thought it was because Dana is salty about GSP winning the MW title and vacating immediately.

I think that's only partially true. GSP was instrumental in calling out imbalances in fighter pay in UFC. Dana would be much more upset about THAT.

I think it's more about Usman being on the roster and he wants to be able to promote him as WW GOAT because it's good marketing.

00:00 Intro
1:35 Welterweight Champs Meet
4:00 Ego & Life After UFC
9:30 Dealing with the Pressure of Competition
15:30 GSP & Kamaru Talk Pre-Fight Routines
24:00 GSP Faking Confidence
31:00 GSP’s Training Camp
34:50 GSP the Bouncer
43:00 GSP Analyzes Khabib
51:50 Kamaru Studying GSP
53:00 Outside The Cage
1:06:20 GSP's GOATs

View attachment 1036745

Its pretty obviously whose his number 1
@Davidjacksonjones

View attachment 1036746
then its

Royce gracie
and
Mighty Mouse

GSP and there really is no debate. Dana sounds like a casual with recency bias.

GSP is the #1 GOAT imo. has everything youd want from an elite fighter.
Usman has nothing to be ashamed of; he is top 3 WW of all time right behind GSP and Hughes. his career is still ongoing, so who knows what else he can achieve still?

a fight between prime Usman and prime GSP wouldve been a sight to behold

1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Leon
4. Usman

leon-edwards.gif

Usman looks like he dwarfs GSP. I think he would beat him prime for prime, but GSP has better record. But also Usman was given a rougher road to title.

Aside from all the WW accolades:
GSP went up to MW and won the belt.
Usman went up to MW and was tossed around like a child.

Usman needs to win the MW strap to be on St Pierre's level

Setting aside all the other stuff, I feel fairly confident there are a number of ranked welterweights that would have beaten a retiring, one-eyed Michael Bisping.

I mean Kelvin Gastelum did it literally the next month.

Salute to Kamaru for a great career. Watched him from Ultimate Fighter work his way all the way up to the top.

However, GSP is the GOAT - especially at welterweight.

Dana will always pick a current fighter on his roster as the “best to ever do it” or the “best all time in *insert division* ”.

That’s his nature as a promoter - to promote whoever he has under contract in order to market and make more money.

Any great fighter that’s no longer in contract or retired will always be pushed down on Dana’s list.

Back