Media George St Pierre & Kamaru Usman epic SHOWDOWN, Debates whose Welterweight p4p GOAT* P4P Kamaru Usman Henry Cejudo Podcast*

I don’t think he was light years away from passing gsp but his wins just weren’t good enough to pass him. 5-3 unranked welterweight Strickland who fights completely different now is not the same kind of win. Leon with a 2-1 ufc record like 6 years before they rematched is not the same kind of win. Demian Maia off 2 losses, Jorge who beat 3 guys, 2 of whom were basically from gsps era and years out of their prime, and the other guy who only has a left and won 1 fight for the rest of his career (till)

This is more esoteric cause I’ve never seen anyone say it but I had rda beating colby, which makes usman being down 3 rounds to him a lot worse

But Rogan say Masvidal would beat GSP and Usman destroyed Masvical twice so USMAN>GSP!

Usman a beast, but GSP on another level.

Almost the same level as Jon Jones. Not quite, but almost.

Awesome video. The survival questions at the end by usman was silly though

Setting aside all the other stuff, I feel fairly confident there are a number of ranked welterweights that would have beaten a retiring, one-eyed Michael Bisping.

I mean Kelvin Gastelum did it literally the next month.
Bisping retiring a fight later doesn't change the fact he was the champ and knocked out a prime Luke Rockhold. The MW division is weaker now than it was when Bisping was champion and Usman is 0-1 in it.

I have a lot of respect for Kamaru but I believe GSP has the better legacy at WW.

GSP cleaned out the entire division and defeated everyone he ever faced- avenged both losses in undisputable fashion.

Kamaru had a very impressive streak, but ultimately he defended the title 2x against Colby and 2x against Jorge.. still a super impressive run but not as impressive as GSP. GSP never actually lost the title after all of those defenses.
Finishing Sean Sherk, BJ Penn, and Matt Hughes (all in their primes) is one of the greatest trio wins of all time. Insane career

Reactions: lsa
12 titles > 6 titles

It's pretty fucking easy.

Their conversation about prefight routines is interesting. GSP open and vulnerable is why he stays among GOAT status.
Also at 22:00 acknowledges the real GOAT and his GOAT arrogance vs DC.

GSP retired on a 13 fight win streak defending the title and winning another one in a higher weight class. He laps Marty three times over it's not even a conversation. lmao

GSP, probably the greatest champion in my lifetime at bringing casuals and hardcore fans together for PPVs. I have the fondest memories of going to watch parties in the mid 2000s-early 2010s and seeing the amount of hot females that would come to get drunk and stoned and cheer on GSP cuz he was "hot" and the guys respected the shit out of him. If it was a GSP WW title PPV man I knew that saturday night was going to be a banging good time.

I've watched countless GSP interviews, this is the first time he goes into detail on what he keeps saying to himself to pump himself up, right up to the face off in the octagon before the fight starts

usman at one point look like he had the potential to reach gsp level then he fall off hard.

the recent losses don't help either. gsp retired on top

I don't know why there's even a debate. Usman is not in the same stratosphere as GSP. There's no comparison.

GSP retired on a 13 fight win streak defending the title and winning another one in a higher weight class. He laps Marty three times over it's not even a conversation. lmao

He's well ahead of Usman but "retiring on top" isn't the reason for that.

On another note, Dana White made a comment about Kamaru being WW GOAT and people immediately thought it was because Dana is salty about GSP winning the MW title and vacating immediately.

I think that's only partially true. GSP was instrumental in calling out imbalances in fighter pay in UFC. Dana would be much more upset about THAT.

Also, GSP was part of that failed attempt at forming a fighter union.

Usman not only has considerably less wins in title fights but Usman wasted 2 of those on Masvidal.

I love Jorge as much as the next guy but nobody ever thought of him as a great fighter outside of his run against Till (can), Askren (not as good as we thought, almost can) and Nate (two digit losses).

So those two title defenses are almost worthless and leave Usman with two great defenses against Colby. Now look at GSP's resume.

How is this even a real conversation?

George capture the title twice
Had like twice as many defenses
Avenged his only two losses

I think Uzman beat jorge and colby and burns

Two of those guys are 55ers just to be clear...
He had a good run, but he didn't have nearly the title run GSP had

Also, watching them fight GSP is just better all around. Also, Uzman was rolling around in a wheelchair for chrissakes that shit is not Goat behavior

Reactions: HHJ
GSP and it's not even an argument. Kamaru doesn't even have an argument for #2, lmao.

Gsp would absolutely demolish Kamaru w his riddum and that Manlet Cejudo would be obliterated by the wake of the devastation

Bisping retiring a fight later doesn't change the fact he was the champ and knocked out a prime Luke Rockhold. The MW division is weaker now than it was when Bisping was champion and Usman is 0-1 in it.

We don't rate fighters based on any single individual fight, we rate them based upon their body of work. No serious MMA fan would consider Michael Bisping the best middleweight at any point in his career. I honestly don't think there is a good argument he was ever top 3 or 5 at any given time.

It was really impressive to beat Luke (despite getting knocked down and choked out by him in their first fight)

Bisping nearly got murdered by a #13 ranked, 43 year old, retiring Hendo in his next fight. He would then get put away back to back by career welterweights and retire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back