Media George St Pierre & Kamaru Usman epic SHOWDOWN, Debates whose Welterweight p4p GOAT* P4P Kamaru Usman Henry Cejudo Podcast*

What do you call GSP's (post-retirement) look? Help me out guize.

postgsp-png.1036899

Last edited:
No matter how delusional Sherdog is, we all know Usman is a much better fighter than GSP.

Brendan Schaub said it all (timestamped).

No matter how delusional Sherdog is, we all know Usman is a much better fighter than GSP.

Lmao at saying Usman had a harder road just because he fought later. No, every division isn't just constantly improving. Many divisions have regressed and ww is one of them. I mean Usman has two defenses against masvidal and Colby and you're going to talk about strength of schedule?

Hint: Divisions that have the same guys getting shots over and over are not stacked.

jones goat
hes the best in any era you put him on

you heard it from gsp

Usman looks like he dwarfs GSP. I think he would beat him prime for prime, but GSP has better record. But also Usman was given a rougher road to title.

Usman would be just another name on GSP's record. 50-45 without a doubt.

Usman would be just another name on GSP's record. 50-45 without a doubt.
Honestly GSP was a product of his time and he'd have to change lots of things about his style to adjust to modern mma. Also he'd probably be a LW because weight classes are so much bigger now. Usman back in time would've probably been a MW.

GSP's resume is just too legendary to deny him..

26-2 beat everyone he ever fought..
13 wins in title fights with 9 WW title defenses.

He's the guy..

Honestly GSP was a product of his time and he'd have to change lots of things about his style to adjust to modern mma. Also he'd probably be a LW because weight classes are so much bigger now. Usman back in time would've probably been a MW.
He'd have to adjust lots of things about his game to beat Leon Edwards?? If GSP went into a time machine and came back as the 2009 version of himself he'd be a massive betting favorite to win that fight..

What is on the Usman resume that dwarfs anything GSP did in terms of competition? He's got 2 wins over Mas and 2 wins over Colby.. GSP would have won like a 50-40 against Mas..

He'd have to adjust lots of things about his game to beat Leon Edwards?? If GSP went into a time machine and came back as the 2009 version of himself he'd be a massive betting favorite to win that fight..

It's the typical "mma has evolved" quote you hear every few years. If GSP was in this era of WWs he'd beat them all just as easily as he did the previous era, and then 10 years down the line we'd hear how the sport has evolved and GSP would be a FW.

I would say Usman would give him more troubles than Edwards. But I think for most guys today, GSP would be undersized. He would shed some muscle and drop to LW and do a lot better if 2009 GSP came today. But yeah, I would think Usman would have the edge in power and wrestling, GSP would have edge in jabs and BJJ. I think the size difference would really be troubling.

Lmao at saying Usman had a harder road just because he fought later. No, every division isn't just constantly improving. Many divisions have regressed and ww is one of them. I mean Usman has two defenses against masvidal and Colby and you're going to talk about strength of schedule?

Hint: Divisions that have the same guys getting shots over and over are not stacked.

When someone basically the size of Volkanovski (Serra) could compete in the WW division and even beat GSP is enough not to waste my time in such a useless discussion.

As Schaub said, GSP played on medium and Usman on hard.

No wonder Canada never produced anything outside of GSP, because the game is not on medium anymore.

Taking Schaubs opinion on this seriously seems kinda dicey to me.

Some would say the diciest.

Usman looks like he dwarfs GSP. I think he would beat him prime for prime, but GSP has better record. But also Usman was given a rougher road to title.
You obviously don't know anything about the WW division before Usman. You should show yourself out, seriously.

You obviously don't know anything about the WW division before Usman. You should show yourself out, seriously.
I do. I just think the divisions evolved. Usman is giant for WW. To be fair it was an era where GSP could get a title shot in a year or so at WW the division was smaller.

Hot take, GSP has never fought a striker that could actually wrestle, except Hendricks. Most of his opponents were one-dimensional.

GSP has the greater legacy, Usman would beat him in a h2h though

Why do they have GSP's stats next to Usman and vice versa in this picture?

Even before his loss to Edwards, I never thought of Usman as being in the discussion for WW GOAT, he didn't have anywhere near the number of title defenses and those defenses were laughably padded.
Yeah wtf were those useless masvidal fights, and he fought colby way too many useless times

Back