Movies GHOSTBUSTERS: FROZEN EMPIRE (First Teaser Trailer)

i-dont-know-preston-horace.gif

Last edited:
The theatrical release of the movie was alright. Like a B-. Fieg is a pretty good director of comedies but the movie got chopped to shit by the studios who were trying to placate what they thoughts fans would want. Parts of the movie don't even make sense because so much was cut out. The Director's cut of The Ghostbusters is legit a B+.

The problem with Afterlife to me was that it wasn't really that funny. Ghostbusters 1 and 2 were hilarious start to finish. Afterlife is in this weird place where it isn't super funny and not even scary, either.

yeah one of those movies that really works as a nostalgia vehicle. It was good because it paid homage to the great Ramis and to Reitman’s dad and because it had fun callbacks to the original films. But in terms of what else it brought to the table..I actually can’t think of much. Feig Ghostbusters had lower lows but it did, at the very least, feel like it was trying to do something different.

Afterlife was sort of neither here nor there for me. It was entertaining, but it wasn’t particularly memorable.

the ghost paranormal genre has not been developed nearly to its full potential. sure there are lots of horror movies and the like but how about a movie where ghosts have been fully revealed and live among us and we have to deal with that?

Lockwood and co did a decent job of this I think.

also the trailer looks really good and I am totally interested in seeing it.

So I take it after the boss women ghostbuster movie failed horribly they are attempting the passing of the torch version of the movie.

They successfully pulled off the passing of the torch version with Ghostbusters: Afterlife. It was actually a decent flick. This will be the sequel to that, but it doesn't look great.

The visuals look up to standards.

It won't be funny.

May have seen the beta friend from King of Queens in there.

Will give it a try, people who complain about this shit , are the same people who watch the same thing over and over.

The trailer doesn't feel like Ghostbusters at all. I'm glad they are going with a new threat/villain, but the actual style of the film seems far removed from the original film. Maybe it's just the trailer, but it looks like pretty much any other blockbuster these days.

I am down. Ghostbusters vs global warming ghost

is it just me, or does it look like Bill Murray is actually having fun?

They successfully pulled off the passing of the torch version with Ghostbusters: Afterlife. It was actually a decent flick. This will be the sequel to that, but it doesn't look great.

Passed the torch only to pass it right back it seems, this new movie is filled with more old ghostbusters than the last one.

Passed the torch only to pass it right back it seems, this new movie is filled with more old ghostbusters than the last one.

Ya that’s my main issue with the trailer.. features the old actors waaay too much.

Afterlife was good because it stood on its own just fine, then you get a few minutes of nostalgia at the end.

Hopefully this trailer just features the old cast to try to attract older viewers, but the movie focuses on the new cast and story.

I absolutely loved this.

I was a huge fan of the original two growing up, and this movie was a worthy sequel. I consider it too be ghostbusters 3.

They used the OG cast just right. The writing was perfect. The nods to the old stuff were well placed. The comedy was subtle and fun. The ghost at the end was scary. Everything about it fit really well.

I will see this again in theatres.

Movie was somewhat disappointing. Very long and slow build up to a fast and furious finish. The big bad was probably only on screen 15-20 minutes at best. Not nearly as good as Afterlife.

Movie was a decent popcorn flick. Definitely did not meet the bar set by the previous one.

Wasn’t complete trash as I expected it to be with it kinda coming out of nowhere for me but my son enjoyed it .

Movie was somewhat disappointing. Very long and slow build up to a fast and furious finish. The big bad was probably only on screen 15-20 minutes at best. Not nearly as good as Afterlife.

Jeeeez, I disliked Afterlife and my old man watched it last night - it was just as boring as I remembered. If that's the case, I'll be skipping the new one completely.

Back