GIFS: Suga Sean O'Malley's win against Yan

2 or 3? So you can't even tell how many. Looks like glove to glove contact there to me IMHO
I know more than zero, vs zero.

It's not like Yan did nothing at all during that fight, but O'Malley earned the decision and all this robbery talk is bullshit.

And I don't consider myself a fan of either fighter.

it definitely affects Yan's career.

He would have got a titleshot if he won this.

Now he's going to spend a year building himself up to a titleshot again.

It'd be nice to start seeing close decisions go his way from now on.
That is true, he wont get a title shot next. I guess I more meant, it shouldn't affect his ranking and the UFC will give him another top 5 ranked opponent. Had he got knocked out or something he would probably get another lower top 10 guy.

I think it's hilarious when people claim "robbery" over a fight that was VERY close. Yan clearly won the 2nd round, O'Malley clearly won the 3rd. So it comes down to the 1st round where Sean slightly outlanded Yan but Yan got a brief takedown where he did little damage. The first round really could've gone either way. No robbery took place; just a razor close fight. Good for O'Malley showing that he belongs in the upper echelon and shouldn't affect Yan's career either. He will get another top 5 fight next. People are so unreasonable.

Gonna go out on a limb here. I don't think it was neccessarily the striking differential, but what was counted as SIGNIFICANT strikes.
Like 3rd gif from top:)

I know more than zero, vs zero.

It's not like Yan did nothing at all during that fight, but O'Malley earned the decision and all this robbery talk is bullshit.

And I don't consider myself a fan of either fighter.

That's the point how many glove strikes were counted as significant?

I like how people missed that this thread was dedicated to showcasing what O'malley did and not some side by side comparison of what they both did

also talk about being an ungrateful prick having a bunch of GIFs served on a platter and complaining there aren't 12 more of them

3rd gif from top, how many of those strikes landed?

you couldn't have cherrypicked these gifs harder. why not post any of yan's highlights?

Where’s all the gifs of Yan’s success? Every gif here is strikes O’Malley landed only.

TS has been saying post your Gifs of what Yan did for 2 days. TS even scored it for Yan if I'm not mistaken. Maybe bark up a different tree. If you got Yan Gifs post em up. That's literally what he is challenging Yan supporters to do.

I think it's hilarious when people claim "robbery" over a fight that was VERY close. Yan clearly won the 2nd round, O'Malley clearly won the 3rd. So it comes down to the 1st round where Sean slightly outlanded Yan but Yan got a brief takedown where he did little damage. The first round really could've gone either way. No robbery took place; just a razor close fight. Good for O'Malley showing that he belongs in the upper echelon and shouldn't affect Yan's career either. He will get another top 5 fight next. People are so unreasonable.
You're right, it does come down to the 1st round where it could have gone either way. Much like Yan's last fight. But unlike his last fight, Yan sustained more damage than dished out. The fact that he resorted to wrestling so often is also telling of who really was winning the exchanges, not to mention the significant strikes heavily favoring O'Malley.

Gonna go out on a limb here. I don't think it was neccessarily the striking differential, but what was counted as SIGNIFICANT strikes.
Like 3rd gif from top:)
But that's still more than what Yan did, and obliviously the strikes in the gifs aren't the only ones that Sean landed. Yan didn't land 1 significant head strike at range in the first round.

hate to admit it ........but THIS

TS has been saying post your Gifs of what Yan did for 2 days. TS even scored it for Yan if I'm not mistaken. Maybe bark up a different tree. If you got Yan Gifs post em up.

I'm commenting on this thread and the gifs particularly
But that's still more than what Yan did, and obliviously the strikes in the gifs aren't the only ones that Sean landed. Yan didn't land 1 significant head strike at range in the first round.

Well gonna slo mo the fight and count em myself for both fighters.
cheers

That's the point how many glove strikes were counted as significant?
Camera angle isn't great but the second right hook looks clean. Not much power behind it but I count it. The uppercut is hard to say either way just because of the angle. The opening overhand appears to be blocked, but Yan reacts like he felt it so that one could go either way. The rest are just keeping busy.

There, we counted together.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it's pretty weird that we have grown men referring to another grown man as "suga"?

Camera angle isn't great but the second right hook looks clean. Not much power behind it but I count it. The uppercut is hard to say either way just because of the angle. The opening overhand appears to be blocked, but Yan reacts like he felt it so that one could go either way. The rest are just keeping busy.

There, we counted together.

So just 1 overhand strike that's all I see as well, iffy at best with angle and quality
I knew when we both counted together it wasn't 2 or 3:)

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it's pretty weird that we have grown men referring to another grown man as "suga"?
I think fight fans should call Ray Robinson and Ray Leonard whatever they want to be called, and if O'Malley wants to be like them then he can chase his dreams too.

So just 1 overhand strike that's all I see as well, iffy at best with angle and quality
I knew when we both counted together it wasn't 2 or 3:)
I'm going with 2.5: the overhand, the right hook, and .5 for the uppercut until I see a better angle.

Back