Giga Chikadze on Barboza "We are on different levels" Will "turn Edson into a wrestler".

First of all, Dariush is a current top #3 LW and that fight ended in the second with Edson knocking him unconscious. What did he do with a jab and low kick? Win the first round? Before being on the receiving end of a knockout of the year contender in the second?

I'm not even saying Edson will win here. I frankly don't know, which is why I will be sure to tune in. But I want to know why the selective use of data? So Edson getting jabbed by top 3 Dariush in 2017 before KO'ing him is an argument for Giga being a better striker but Giga getting outstruck in all three rounds by Jammal Emmers (a guy with no wiki page) one year ago doesn't count why?
View attachment 875631
Forget it man, this conversation isn't going anywhere. You're married to the numbers. Enjoy the fight man, it'll definitely be a banger regardless of the result.

I like Giga, and watched him compete in Glory..

Barboza should grapple, this is MMA.. Barboza also coming for that FW belt. Watch out Volk.

Barboza is nearing the end of his career.

another up n comer talking shit against a guy who’s been around a long time.

Barboza is gonna fuck him up

1284492534.0.jpg
He said the same thing before putting several unimpressive decisions against no names.

I don't know much about Giga but I'm pumped to see Barboza this Saturday, and really hope he gets the W.

Wouldn't that be some shit if D1 Barboza went out there and wrestlefucked Giga for five rounds after he said this?

Yes, lol.

Edson hit a decent takedown on Felder in the 2nd fight but I don't think he would ever fight that way out of principle.

I hope Edson spams takedowns all 5 rounds then armbars Giga with 15 seconds left on the clock, just because.

Barboza has an extensive body of work and his boxing has always been subpar compared to elite competition.

Burgos is a wild man and fun to watch, but he's not elite competition, and they went to war.

Giga is a legit world class MMA adapted striker. I think he's a favorite here in a standup battle, and he is 100% correct that Barboza will want to clinch or grapple once he gets out classed.

You can't really judge the level of adaptation off his body of work yet can you? Do you think this version of Giga essentially makes Dan Hooker's lifeless body quit on its feet?

Edson has one of the best strength of schedules of anyone in the past 10 years in the UFC (something like 10 ranked LW opponents) and he's done work in many of those fights. I need to see him be outclassed or shown to be on a lower "level" than anyone much less an unproved kickboxer. Think about the few times Edson has been outclassed in the UFC and then think back to the caliber of fighter that did it - Prime Tony, Prime Khabib, & Prime Gaethje. All arguably top 10 P4P fighters when they faced Edson.

I can't take the lemon's that is Giga's body of work and pretend it's frozen Chik-Fil-A Lemonade. If I was a hardcore Edson fan or someone from his camp I would feel like this was utter disrespect. Talk is cheap....

Barboza is gonna really hurt this bloke and give him a reality check and a half.

Barbs has folded many a times in the past but he's a far more proven MMA striker at this point, so yeah, that's a tad disrespectful of that chad right there

I'll take Barboza over any striker in the division.
I use to think that, till he got walked down and ko'd by Justin. Justin was the perfect opponent to unload on, but he got absolutely hunted down and victimized on his feet. Not buying babosas elitism in striking anymore. Not against elites anyway. Giga is right, there are levels.

I use to think that, till he got walked down and ko'd by Justin. Justin was the perfect opponent to unload on, but he got absolutely hunted down and victimized on his feet. Not buying babosas elitism in striking anymore. Not against elites anyway. Giga is right, there are levels.
you need to rewatch that fight....

They were engaging in 50/50 exchanges but a key note is that Justin stuck him knuckle deep with an eye poke 60 secs from the finish. It went unnoticed, but the announcer (Cruz) was the only one who noticed. His eyeball was literally bleeding. In any case, that was a wild, wild fight. Justin is one of the most powerful LW's to ever do it and he landed. But he wasn't outclassing him. That's just the game. It was a slobberknocker.

You can't really judge the level of adaptation off his body of work yet can you? Do you think this version of Giga essentially makes Dan Hooker's lifeless body quit on its feet?

Edson has one of the best strength of schedules of anyone in the past 10 years in the UFC (something like 10 ranked LW opponents) and he's done work in many of those fights. I need to see him be outclassed or shown to be on a lower "level" than anyone much less an unproved kickboxer. Think about the few times Edson has been outclassed in the UFC and then think back to the caliber of fighter that did it - Prime Tony, Prime Khabib, & Prime Gaethje. All arguably top 10 P4P fighters when they faced Edson.

I can't take the lemon's that is Giga's body of work and pretend it's frozen Chik-Fil-A Lemonade. If I was a hardcore Edson fan or someone from his camp I would feel like this was utter disrespect. Talk is cheap....
This is exactly what I was trying to say but him and that other guy is god awful at articulating his points and understanding why there is a need to explain steep ass claims.

In his other post he says Giga clearly has the "more complete arsenal of striking". Maybe philosophically? I don't know what he's basing that on.

He's had 6 fights in UFC. Looked bad in 4, finished one by headkick against a newcomer with no wiki page, and then finished Cub Swanson with a body kick.

Before that, as recently as March 2020, he was outstruck by another guy with no wiki page in the UFC in a split decision.

Edson fights exclusively ranked competition and has wins by jab, cross, leg kick (X2), body kick, headkick, flying knee, etc. How the fuck, in MMA, has Giga shown a more complete striking arsenal?

That's LW, I'm talking about FW.

The only thing on “different levels” is the higher level of competition Barboza has faced.

I hope this is a striking war and ends with a spinning wheel kick or flying knee to Chikadze’s chin.

Back