Rumored GLORY Morocco 2024

Will GLORY Morocco be a positive development for the sport of Kickboxing?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
GLORY Morocco
1701305723128.png

Which Kickboxers should definitely fight at GLORY Morocco in 2024?

There have been rumors going around for some time now that in 2024 GLORY Kickboxing will organize an event in Morocco for the first time in the promotion’s history, perhaps with Badr Hari's farewell fight being the main-event.

GLORY has a huge fanbase in Morocco and a lot of Moroccan kickboxers fighting under their banner. In addition, there’s certainly much more undiscovered talent out there that potentially could be signed to the promotion.
All this makes Morocco an excellent location to organize a major kickboxing event.

Which fighters and matchups should definitely appear at this event?

Let’s help matchmaker Robbie Timmers out and drop your favorite GLORY Morocco fightcard below!

(He very well might take a look at this thread;))

There's plenty of exciting Moroccan fighters out there, so there's a lot they can do. Off the top of my head:

Would love to see Touchassie fight again, but back at Welterweight (a fight with Hamicha would be exciting imo). I think he needs more time to build muscle and gather experience before he moves up again.

Finally getting a unification fight between Kbabez and Abena would be perfect for this as well.

Like I mentioned before, Hamicha could fight Touchassie or anyone else. I felt that he lost his last fight, but he is still a popular fighter.

Tyjani Beztati VS Enriko Kehl maybe? Honestly if he wants to move up like he said before, I think he should just do that. A champ vs champ fight would get a lot of folks to watch and Beztati VS Semeleer would be fun

If Zouggary is still exciting and into competing after he fights Taiju, he could be up for fighting in Morocco

Momine, Hamicha, Khbabez and Touchassie definitely need to be on the card IMO

Would I love to go to Morocco? Sure. I would. I'd love to dive from their cliffs, eat their tagine and smoke their reefer.

Of course, we aren't going for the tourism, are we? We are heading to Maghreb to see some limbs clashing.

The Moroccans have been simmering slowly in Holland over many years. Filling out cards, then headlining. Now, they can easily host an entire card.

It can't be ignored any longer. They are a serious kickboxing nation.

Ben-moh.
JBS.
Jaraya.
Hari.
El Gaoui.
Beztati.

Some of the names of dozens more.

I for one, absolutely adore Jaraya's (ahem, legal) approach. I am a big fan. I believe he has a streak of psychotic thoughts and fights like he is ready to die. Ever since watching him duke it out with Tayfun, in Enfusion, I fell in love with his style.

I actually believe Jaraya should be the headliner. That may not make sense in Europe, but I'd risk that he would sell the venue out in Morocco.

JBS should be rematching Adegbuyi. Seeing as he was caught pissing into an anabolic cup and was NC'd for it. I'm sure he'd like to provide crowd front retribution.

In my opinion, Badr should be having an "exhibition" exit. But, NOT as the main bout. He should give the limelight to active fighters.
I'm sure McSweeney would oblige but that poses too much of a risk for our now delicate, former mean-machine.
I'm sure Aerts would travel for a thousand Euros and a hand-stitched lumberjack shirt.

It may be cloudy and grey in Nederlands, but remember, it's mostly Sunni in Morocco.

It would be good to see Cookie fight someone like Tarik Khbabez.
I wouldn't mind that at all.

Oh.
What percentage Moroccan should they be to represent?
I think his point is that they are ethnic Moroccans, but the "Kickboxing nation" that they come from is the Netherlands. That's where they live/train.

I think this move from Glory is a great way to prop up Morocco and highlight Kickboxing in that country by using ethnic Moroccans to popularize the sport, however.

Does Morocco have any Kickboxing gyms?

I think his point is that they are ethnic Moroccans, but the "Kickboxing nation" that they come from is the Netherlands. That's where they live/train.

I think this move from Glory is a great way to prop up Morocco and highlight Kickboxing in that country by using ethnic Moroccans to popularize the sport, however.

I get that but it's not for anybody but the individual to declare where they are from or who they represent.

I've seen each of these guys with a Morocco flag or talking about it in post/prefight. Most of whom seem fiercly proud.

Sherdog is rife with threads deciding who belongs where. If you have a citizenship or passport, I think it's fair to say you are that nationality.

I get that but it's not for anybody but the individual to declare where they are from or who they represent.

I've seen each of these guys with a Morocco flag or talking about it in post/prefight. Most of whom seem fiercly proud.

Sherdog is rife with threads deciding who belongs where. If you have a citizenship or passport, I think it's fair to say you are that nationality.
He wasn't saying they can't claim that nationality tho, nobody here is. You claimed Morocco was a "Serious Kickboxing Nation" but the nation isn't actually producing fighters. I think it would be cool if they did though, because obviously people with roots in that country are good fighters. Hopefully this move from Glory can help push that and Morocco (the country) can start becoming serious about Kickboxing.

Oh.
What percentage Moroccan should they be to represent?

But you're talking about the country of Morocco and how it is a kickboxing nation. It isn't a kickboxing nation.

If you were a kickboxer and or wanted to learn you wouldn't go to Morocco because all the fighters you listed don't train there nor did they learn kickboxing there.

My parents are not from the country I am from either, so no, I am not saying they cannot represent Morocco or they can't be used on a Moroccan card.

If anything those fighters you listed should be used to MAKE Morocco a kickboxing country because as of now it isn't one at all. Kickboxing took off among the diaspora of Moroccans in Europe not Morocco proper to my knowledge.

I'm actually a bit surprised they haven't tried to jumpstart Morocco sooner.

Last edited:
There's probably a reason why meaningful kickboxing events haven't been held in Morocco. Think they'd definitely want Badr to headline, not sure if any other Moroccan kickboxer translates to legitimate interest on the ground in Morocco or sold tickets.

Badr Hari recently build a badass gym in Casablanca, Morocco, named “PUNCH by Badr Hari”:

And his second gym, located in Bouskoura, will open tomorrow:

It is very hard to believe that we will see Glory: Morocco in 2024. Badr Hari could retire to Paris.

Back