News GLORY signs with DAZN...

That's a shame. DAZN is overpriced as hell, has a weak catalogue, and when I used it, the streaming quality and broadcasts sucked. Besides, I already pay for too much streaming between music, movies/tv, books/comics, gamepass/ps+, etc. The whole idea of paying for a streaming service that just allows me to pay for a PPV is an awful business practice and they can fuck off with that. Gonna be pirate streaming Glory cards for the foreseeable future now.

Edit: lol did not see that this was just in France and Belgium. I'll lower my pitchfork for now until they come to my neck of the woods

Last edited:
That's a shame. DAZN is overpriced as hell, has a weak catalogue, and when I used it, the streaming quality and broadcasts sucked. Besides, I already pay for too much streaming between music, movies/tv, books/comics, gamepass/ps+, etc. The whole idea of paying for a streaming service that just allows me to pay for a PPV is an awful business practice and they can fuck off with that. Gonna be pirate streaming Glory cards for the foreseeable future now.
Almost everything is subscription based now, I bought an Tv last year that required you to have Amazon Prime.

Dystopia is now, all hail the rivers.

Just in France and Belgium.

I liked DAZN when they got King of Kings events, was veeeeery cheap in Finland. Always worked well for me too. Then they multiplied the price by 5-6x only adding PFL and think NFL (if you paid extra) and absolutely nobody here paid for it. They've dropped the price since, but their pricing seems nuts for some regions at least.

GLORY has officially signed a multi-year agreement with DAZN to stream all events live on the platform in France and Belgium.

“I am excited to partner with DAZN in the France & Belgium region, helping to make all GLORY events even more accessible for fans,” said Pierre Andurand, GLORY Chairman, Co-Founder, & Majority Owner. “It’s an important market for us and one in which we are fully invested in developing further in 2024 and beyond.

Thankfully it's just Belgium and France, otherwise I'd be saying bye to Glory because I'm not signing up for shit.

Give me PPV a la carte for a decent price and I'll continue to purchase them.

I thought DAZN was pretty cheap. But considering quality of fights I guess not.

Remember when DAZN had K-1 for like 24 hours....
Speaking of whcih, the discord guys figured out why DAZN cancelled. Root of this is the K-1 Global fallout from over 10 years ago. Apparently K-1 Japan thought they had reacquired global trademarks but some group called CSI still have the internatioanl broadcast rights from K-1 Global. CSI ordered K-1 Japan to stop broadcasting their Rebirth event from last year. The confusion is that CSI's origianl legal contracts dealt with K-1 Global only (aka. the Hong Kong company that had like 3 events before dying), so it's unclear if they actually have the power to stop K-1 Jpan's international broadcasts. DAZN saw a legal shitstorm appraoching and they backed off from the deal. Too much legal stuff for me to understand

Twitter thread:

Court documents: https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=JU2Lys4HHOttOksoKlDH4A==&display=all&courtType=Richmond County Supreme Court&resultsPageNum=1

Edit: lol did not see that this was just in France and Belgium. I'll lower my pitchfork for now until they come to my neck of the woods

Streaming services aren't the cheap alternative to Cable TV that they used to be. If you have to sign up for multiple streaming to see the shows or sporting events that you like that will quickly make your monthly bill more than what you pay for Cable.

Streaming services aren't the cheap alternative to Cable TV that they used to be. If you have to sign up for multiple streaming to see the shows or sporting events that you like that will quickly make your monthly bill more than what you pay for Cable.
Kind of. In a vacuum, it's not really cheaper.

But it is much more acute. You are paying for things you presumably want (at when you want), while television gives you a lot of shit you most definitely do not want.

It's still more efficient for a smarter consumer.

DAZN has Rajadamnern World Series, KOK, some neat boxing, and probably will have K-1 if the japs solve their legal shit.

If they add Glory, would be a must buy for kickfighting fans.
RWS was Free on YouTube. KOK was usually free on YouTube or their website? (Idk I didn't watch many of their cards). K-1 free on abema (need vpn which is also free).

Now we can pay per month to watch them on a less consistent (straight up cancelled k-1 just before the event) and stable feed (dazn buffers like a mother fucker for me)

Right I think that might have just been like once. Usually ppv on their site right? I barely watched them as I said before but I think I remember once they had their show free on their site and once on youtube as well. Probably just as promotions though.

Back