Go outside and look up

Are any electronic issues occurring anywhere because of the storm? Anyone? Interested to know.

Of course I read this in the bright sunshiny morning...

The end is near

maximumoverdrive.jpg

MV5BYThjOGI2OGMtYWNhNy00NGQ0LTg0MzgtNTc0YTI2ZmIxNWQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQW1haXdlbm4@._V1_.jpg

My Dad got it and he lives twelve miles away from me.

I'd have seen it if I didn't have the blinds closed.

Gutted.

Me looking at the sky yesterday(I can’t see diddly).
IMG_2976.gif

I didn't even know this was going on tonight until this thread. Live in WA so it was a little to bright to see anything when I first checked. Went out just now before bed and took some pretty cool shots. Honestly didn't expect to see anything. There have been a bunch of times over the years where they said you might be able to see an aurora borealis, but it's never been visible where I live. This was pretty incredible. I was blown away how fast it shifted and changed.
Seattle area?

NorCal here, I saw a lot of pink last night <BC1>

..................low and towards the east with some wild green colors but not until around midnight.

Seattle area?

Further west on the other side of the Puget Sound, closer to the Olympics. I live outside of town where there are very few lights and my land is a mostly cleared 1 acre, so I had a pretty unobstructed view. It was pretty great.

The northern lights made its way to south Florida the local news is reporting. They posted a number of pictures of them seen here. I didn't see it, but I might try to stay and look for the lights tonight. It would be neat to see considering what I've been reading about of late.

Of late I've been reading about Kristian Birkeland, the scientists who correctly described what caused the northern and southern lights. In his day Birkeland was not believed and his theory was dismissed. Scientists back then believed there was nothing in empty space. It wasn't possible for energy to travel in space. It wasn't till the 1960s that Birkeland's theory was proven correct.

Back