GOAT debate is worthless.

Excuse me, where was the name calling?
It rather sounds that you take my posts as offensive to your feelings, since ur very first reply.
I do not pretend to convince anybody, some of the many fanboys on here parrot their BS narrative and I enjoy breaking it, its just sherdog. You can consider GOAT whoever you wish, still a BS narrative is a BS narrative

I often smoke joints when wasting my time here but thanks for the advice, I do think I've improved my English during my time here btw, because I dont have many occasions to work on it otherwise.
Given that you correct my English, it would be nice from you to point out the mistake/s, other than from some meaningless misspelling, what I expressed uncorrectly in the previous post? I'd like to know
Nah, I'm good, thanks. Goodnight, bud.

Seventeen pages later.... It is finally determined that the debate on whether the GOAT debate is worthless is worthless.

Yes, but there’s still subjectivity that can’t be avoided—so I wouldn’t say that selecting a fighter based on criteria is even objective.
I’ll give some examples.
Ranked wins is something that most fans agree is a good metric. From about 2014 on, the UFC has issued rankings. So if Izzy, or Stipe, or Usman, beats a guy that the UFC has seen fit to rank in the top 10 of their org, it’s a ranked win. But if you try and compare them to Anderson, Fedor, or GSP, you have to go back to a time when the MMA media issued the rankings, and it was across all promotions. They listed the best 10 WWs (or HWs, or whatever) in the world—not 10 best in the org. And sometimes one outlet had a fighter ranked and another didn’t. So then what?
Title defenses can be an issue too. Which titles do we care about? UFC, Strikeforce, PRIDE? What if someone is WEC or Elite XC champ? What about Fedor and Aoiki’s WAMMA belts? Should we count them but weight them differently? And if so, why?

And so on, and so forth…
You guys are missing the obvious--that even the official results that you call 'facts' are subjective because they rely on a human referee and human judges. Even if a fight is won by finish, the course of the fight to that point is subject to the whim of the referee and judges, as we know, are mostly worthless

You guys are missing the obvious--that even the official results that you call 'facts' are subjective because they rely on a human referee and human judges. Even if a fight is won by finish, the course of the fight to that point is subject to the whim of the referee and judges, as we know, are mostly worthless
Damn. On top of that, the only way I even “know” that these fightshappened or what the results were, is through my senses—but who knows if those are objective?! They almost certainly aren’t. MMA might not even be real.
You might not even be real.
I might not even be real.
giphy.gif

Damn. On top of that, the only way I even “know” that these fightshappened or what the results were, is through my senses—but who knows if those are objective?! They almost certainly aren’t. MMA might not even be real.
You might not even be real.
I might not even be real.
giphy.gif
Some sports are way more objective, like track and field, feats of strength, most kinds of races like swimming. MMA isn't one of those. MMA is more like gymnastics or ice skating. Of course, any sport has rules that change over time and are enforced and interpreted by subjective humans. but anyway, you're real to me sherbro.

I feel like actually the GOAT debate has calmed down a bit in recent years and I think you could argue thats because its become more seperated from UFC hype. When Sherdog goes crazy its almost always down to UFC hype IMHO but these days guys like GSP and Anderson arent really that hyped, even Jon Jones isnt so much anymore.

I think you've really seen the debate shift moreso into things like whether HW today is better or worse than in the past as thats were it ties much more into UFC hype.

Hey, so are you basing that baseball analogy off of math? Stats? Weird.
lolol.

look at you still refusing to acknowledge 30 can be a greater accomplishment than 32.

i said everything matters. not just single stats, not just arbitrary stats put on a pedestal. context. era. etc. and here you are trying to suggest you weren't saying 32 is automatically a greater accomplishment, a higher level of greatness........

smh......

you can't even bring yourself to say it.....

There better be a picture of kettle bell Fedor in this thread

Reactions: HHJ
Agree and I don’t understand this forum’s obsession with it. It’s a subjective discussion yet so many will argue their opinion as though it is fact to no end. There’s literally pages long discussions about it almost daily. Hell, even this thread has pages of people arguing about it.

Last edited:
Agree and I don’t understand this forum’s obsession with it. It’s a subjective discussion yet so many will argue their opinion as though it is fact to no end. There’s literally pages long discussions about it almost daily. Hell, even this thread has pages of people arguing about it.
Personally I enjoy those debates. I’m always down to defend my view, but yes, at the end of the day it’s subjective and there’s really no right or wrong answer.

lolol.

look at you still refusing to acknowledge 30 can be a greater accomplishment than 32.

i said everything matters. not just single stats, not just arbitrary stats put on a pedestal. context. era. etc. and here you are trying to suggest you weren't saying 32 is automatically a greater accomplishment, a higher level of greatness........

smh......

you can't even bring yourself to say it.....

you're really doubling down on this sad response?

Buddy, you're telling me it's not about stats or numbers then shit on your own face by using winning percentage as your rebuttal.

What you mean to say is that cumulative numbers don't necessarily mean a greater accomplishment, but they do for that particular stat. It's accomplishing more. "More" means a greater amount. Once you've established the cumulative numbers, such as in this case, you then move on to percentages - OMG more objective, factual, and irrefutable statistical data! Numbers come first. They're built-in. You're trying to deny that, but you also want to use it to prove a point? What was your point again? You're not being difficult? Lol

Last edited:
Read the article again...
Yeah, I know. The corrupt and incompetent "independent" arbitration board said not just the first time, but TWICE that they believed Jon Jones would never do anything like that on purpose, even though he kept coming back before the board for peds. Lol, Jon can't catch a break, there's so much ped floating around, he just absorbs it by accident.

Buddy, you're telling me it's not about stats or numbers then shit on your own face by using winning percentage as your rebuttal.

Lol. You’re starting to lose it bro. Where did I use winning percentage as my rebuttal?

I said it’s not just about stats or numbers and the goat can’t be determined only as a statistical exercise. I explained to you that 32 isn’t automatically a greater accomplishment, or a higher degree of greatness than 30, because different stats mean different things in different eras. You can’t seem to get yourself to acknowledge this. It’s getting sad.

What you mean to say is that cumulative numbers don't necessarily mean a greater accomplishment, but they do for that particular stat. It's accomplishing more. "More" means a greater amount. Once you've established the cumulative numbers, such as in this case, you then move on to percentages - OMG more objective, factual, and irrefutable statistical data! Numbers come first. They're built-in. You're trying to deny that, but you also want to use it to prove a point? What was your point again? You're not being difficult? Lol

What particular stat are you talking about? Again, you are losing it.

I’m having trouble following you since you seem to be losing your mind.

Again, 32 wins, in 1890, as a pitcher, is not a “greater accomplishment” or a “higher degree of greatness”, than 30 wins in 2022.

Again, you seem to be unable to have a reasonable discussion at this point. I keep asking you questions and you can’t accept them and lash out instead.

I’ll ask again. Try to answer. Is 32 wins in 1890 a greater accomplishment than 30 wins in 2022? Is it showing a higher degree of greatness? Will you refuse to answer this yet again?

And I’ve repeatedly said everything matters and factors in, not any one single stat.

Last edited:
Lol. You’re starting to lose it bro. Where did I use winning percentage as my rebuttal?

I said it’s not just about stats or numbers and the goat can’t be determined only as a statistical exercise. I explained to you that 32 isn’t automatically a greater accomplishment, or a higher degree of greatness than 30, because different stats mean different things in different eras. You can’t seem to get yourself to acknowledge this. It’s getting sad.

What particular stat are you talking about? Again, you are losing it.

I’m having trouble following you since you seem to be losing your mind.

Again, 32 wins, in 1890, as a pitcher, is not a “greater accomplishment” or a “higher degree of greatness”, than 30 wins in 2022.

Again, you seem to be unable to have a reasonable discussion at this point. I keep asking you questions and you can’t accept them and lash out instead.

I’ll ask again. Try to answer. Is 32 wins in 1890 a greater accomplishment than 30 wins in 2022? Is it showing a higher degree of greatness? Will you refuse to answer this yet again?

And I’ve repeatedly said everything matters and factors in, not any one single stat.

Your analogy is about winning percentage, Kenny. Are you saying it's not? You're not being difficult though, amirite? I'm the one losing my mind? Your shit's weak.

"30 is greater than 32, but I'm not talking about winning percentage." -kflo

Back