Media Goggins in the Corner

Man it was just pretty funny watching Goggins in Tony's corner with just like no idea what to say to him when he's getting melted by a journeyman.

Honestly I would hope this helps to teach some people the BS in this stuff 'grindset culture' pedals to people that like getting up at 3.30am to train or taking cold showers is going to help you achieve the impossible. Being succesful in the long run is a confluence of so many different factors - one of which is knowing when to quit when the task is beyond you or you're risking more than you've got to gain.

As some guy once said 'Conceive, believe, achieve - shut the fuck up'

Goggins does not preach to wake up at 3:30am nor take cold showers. His message is to work hard for your goals/dreams, sacrifice, and make no excuses. All good character traits ... IMO

Also I find it weird how you diminish Goggin's influence yet blame Tony's loss on Goggins at the same time. The reality is Tony was going to lose this fight based on his age, fight mileage, and low fight IQ which all have culminated in this loss. Doesn't matter if he had Firas Fucking Zahabi cornering him.

Mike Perry's new girlfriend>David Goggins

Tony’s mindset: Lose 7 fights in a row? Good. Get stomped by a gassed journeyman? Good. Fall out of the rankings like a meteor careening straight into the ocean? Good.

Reload. Re-engage. Regress in skill. Become retarded.

Man it was just pretty funny watching Goggins in Tony's corner with just like no idea what to say to him when he's getting melted by a journeyman.

Honestly I would hope this helps to teach some people the BS in this stuff 'grindset culture' pedals to people that like getting up at 3.30am to train or taking cold showers is going to help you achieve the impossible. Being succesful in the long run is a confluence of so many different factors - one of which is knowing when to quit when the task is beyond you or you're risking more than you've got to gain.

Do you even know the benefits of a cold shower or cold therapy? How could waking up early and having more time to dedicate to your craft a bad thing?
You sound like some lazy twat that needs to shit on those that sacrifice to achieve their dreams.
Keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to justify never sacrificing or daring to achieve something great.

Hahaha. Like Fuerguson needed help with his cardio. WTF.
I'll take Jack Black in my corner over Goggins any day.

You sound like a wussy for going on a rant about hardcore training and discipline

Mad Hespect for Goggins, dude has achieved so much in his life and never complains

Enjoy your life of being a hater instead of a congratulater

Hey @SharpasaRazor. Great post. I've been reflecting on it as well. Sure put in the work. That doesn't mean grinding so hard every day that there's nothing left in the tank.

Gotta regulate and maintain proper rest, sleep and healing. Look at long term guys like Holyfield who pioneered aerobic workouts in boxing. Brady who did yoga & stretching. Lebron who maintains perspective and continues performing at a high level.

All due respect to Tony for his amazing fight career. Long term success is not about beating yourself up every day. It involves rest and recovery. Taking care of your physical and mental well being.
There's a few respondents who are obviously severly butt-hurt at me poking some fun at Goggins' message - but really it comes down to what you're reflecting on here.

Is it some people's problem in reaching their goals that they have insufficient appetite to tolerate discomfort? Yes, but it's also not the be all and end all that Goggins and others from that strand of thinking make it out to be.

Success depends upon strategy, making optimum use of finite resources and time, riding your luck, adjusting when it becomes clear something you're doing is wrong. I also personally value success because it enables me to enjoy my life, and there are various areas where I leverage that to take discomfort out of life. I push myself to discomfort physically several times a week but I do it on my own terms because I know theres a point beyond which its just counter-productive.

Besides getting rocked badly in the first Tony's problem was wrestling. From Paddy of all people. Sure Paddy seemed to gas in the third and Tony had his moments but ultimately he was racing against the clock. He couldn't get back up, sweep, scramble or even offer meaningful ground offense. Sucked to see. If it was a five rounder maybe he could've played that game. But after three rounds he clearly lost

Crazy to think Tony will probably fight again in UFC

Back